Class A 09' Predictions

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Class A 09' Predictions

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:01 pm

TheYessMan wrote:by reading all these posts, it sounds almost as if everyone here is doubting the upcoming talent that century has. I wouldn't be surprised seeing the century track team producing some very talented athletes that will contest at the state track meet. May i remind all of you out there that this year there really isn't one outstanding athlete for all of the events out there, especially since practices are rare with the weather like it is now. Once the outside season starts, then everyone will start settling into their groove. like i said before, do not be surprised seeing the century track team having some athletes that will produce. Century is lacking in people, but they have heart. Garret Jacobs, jake Glass and maybe joe leard would start producing on the sprints. Distance wise they have brett kelly and mike frenzel. Upcoming people in the triple and long are taylor stein and jake glass. pole vault they have a couple of people that are quickly improving with jordan buechler and joe leard. the throwers are decent also with ryan meidinger leading the way for them. the final topic is high jump... no doubt that brian sinner is a good high jumper, but century has the fantastic jumper in taylor stein. last year he jumped 5' 10'' and sinner jumped 6'3'' but that was stein's first year. this year he is really improving and it is a possibility that he could upset sinner at state. it is gonna be a long season and i will be glad seeing what unveils during the meets

Not true.

100 and 200 I'm not sure yet, but I doubt Welk loses in the WDA much. 400 and 800 Jake Miller owns the WDA. 1600 and 3200 Joash won't lose. 100h I won't lose in the WDA. 300h I think Davis could win the WDA, as could many others. Sinner won't lose in high jump in the WDA. Long jump, there are a couple kids and the same for triple. I don't pay a lot of attention to throwing, but Qvale owns shot.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller_2010 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:08 am

TheYessMan wrote:by reading all these posts, it sounds almost as if everyone here is doubting the upcoming talent that century has.

Not so - Century has a very good team and I'm sure will wind up 2nd at WDA. That doesn't mean I have to worship and overrate their talent though.

Also balla45, I'm curious to see how Smart stacks up against Welk in the 100 and 200, although I would still put my money on Welk
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby powercat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:07 am

balla45 wrote:
Not true.

100 and 200 I'm not sure yet, but I doubt Welk loses in the WDA much. 400 and 800 Jake Miller owns the WDA. 1600 and 3200 Joash won't lose. 100h I won't lose in the WDA. 300h I think Davis could win the WDA, as could many others. Sinner won't lose in high jump in the WDA. Long jump, there are a couple kids and the same for triple. I don't pay a lot of attention to throwing, but Qvale owns shot.

Those are huge words considering lee gruel beat you last year, and considering the consistency of hurdling.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller_2010 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:19 am

Gruel lost to him at state in both the prelims and the finals last year
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:40 pm

Not huge words at all. The only race I "lost" was when I false started.

My pr is a 14.88. His is a 15.33 I believe. 300's, he will most likely beat me, but 110's, I don't see it happening, not that it matters, because Toddhunter is on a completely different level.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:27 pm

yeah i didnt see that you had false started at WDA last year...but i still dont think it is safe to say that you wont lose in the wda
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheYessMan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:52 pm

balla45 wrote:
Not true.

Speaking about Welk, how is his leg doing. it will be very difficult for him to just pick up where he last was in the sprinting. the leg could bother him, and besides i saw him a couple weeks ago in a boot. He will have to make fast improvements if he wants to be ready before the WDA.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:37 pm

powercat wrote:yeah i didnt see that you had false started at WDA last year...but i still dont think it is safe to say that you wont lose in the wda

Track isn't like other sports where these is an upset, especially in hurdles. My biggest competition in the WDA last year was Greuel, Chrisman, and Stroh. I think I had one close race with all of them last year. 2 of them are gone. I know Lee was injured last year, but he has superior form than I do, which makes me think I won't lose to him. It is much harder to get faster than it is to work on your form. The only reason I can do well in 110 hurdles is that I am faster at the 100 than all of the other WDA hurdlers, and that is why Toddhunter smashes me, because he is fast.

Also why Bruhschwein won the 300's over Toddhunter. He was faster.

This is not meant to come across as cocky or as an insult to the other hurdlers, I am just being realistic. If Toddhunter was in the WDA, I would say he would sweep.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:39 pm

balla45 wrote:[
Track isn't like other sports where these is an upset, especially in hurdles. My biggest competition in the WDA last year was Greuel, Chrisman, and Stroh. I think I had one close race with all of them last year. 2 of them are gone. I know Lee was injured last year, but he has superior form than I do, which makes me think I won't lose to him. It is much harder to get faster than it is to work on your form. The only reason I can do well in 110 hurdles is that I am faster at the 100 than all of the other WDA hurdlers, and that is why Toddhunter smashes me, because he is fast.

This is not meant to come across as cocky or as an insult to the other hurdlers, I am just being realistic. If Toddhunter was in the WDA, I would say he would sweep.

Its not so much that there are upsets but people just have bad races. Ploof over Duke in the 100 and 200 last year had to be an "upset". Ploof ran his normal fastest times and Duke just ran slower than he normally does.

Just for the record im not saying you wont do well in the 110 hurdles i just didnt like the wording of how you said it. There are 3 other hurdlers (besides your self) that have qualified last year and have ran great times. Tate carlson,Gruel, and Nathan Magstad. And all three have already had meets and done well.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 pm

powercat wrote:

Its not so much that there are upsets but people just have bad races. Ploof over Duke in the 100 and 200 last year had to be an "upset". Ploof ran his normal fastest times and Duke just ran slower than he normally does.

Just for the record im not saying you wont do well in the 110 hurdles i just didnt like the wording of how you said it. There are 3 other hurdlers (besides your self) that have qualified last year and have ran great times. Tate carlson,Gruel, and Nathan Magstad. And all three have already had meets and done well.

Tate Carlson--I race him once or twice a year, always seems solid, but never really thought of.
Nathan Magstadt--Good hurdler, just physically slower than me.
Lee Greul--Good hurdler, has superior form to me, just still slower. Didn't beat me in my worst race of my junior year. (State Day 2.)

I don't know who else will qualifty in 110's, but I really don't care. I have no intention of losing to anyone in the WDA.

Great times, I don't think so. I consider Jemison's consistant 15.2 or so range great times.

I don't care if you liked my wording or not, if I didn't lose my junior year, I don't think I will lose my senior year.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby TheYessMan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:29 pm

balla45 wrote:
powercat wrote:

Tate Carlson--I race him once or twice a year, always seems solid, but never really thought of.
Nathan Magstadt--Good hurdler, just physically slower than me.
Lee Greul--Good hurdler, has superior form to me, just still slower. Didn't beat me in my worst race of my junior year. (State Day 2.)

I don't know who else will qualifty in 110's, but I really don't care. I have no intention of losing to anyone in the WDA.

Great times, I don't think so. I consider Jemison's consistant 15.2 or so range great times.

I don't care if you liked my wording or not, if I didn't lose my junior year, I don't think I will lose my senior year.

maurer it is gonna be a tough year for anyone in the hurdles. and for the fact of u stating that speed is the only thing that makes you win the race is not true. in order for you to get faster at hurdling is by getting better form. without the form of getting over the hurdles it would be impossible to any sprinter to run them. this year i am getting better because i actually am getting the form down. and i have been working a little on my speed.
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:40 pm

It will not be a tough year for Toddhunter. Trust me, the only reason I can beat people is because I am faster than them, 90% of the people I race have better form than I.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby the_truth_hurts » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:23 pm

TheYessMan wrote:by reading all these posts, it sounds almost as if everyone here is doubting the upcoming talent that century has. I wouldn't be surprised seeing the century track team producing some very talented athletes that will contest at the state track meet. May i remind all of you out there that this year there really isn't one outstanding athlete for all of the events out there, especially since practices are rare with the weather like it is now. Once the outside season starts, then everyone will start settling into their groove. like i said before, do not be surprised seeing the century track team having some athletes that will produce. Century is lacking in people, but they have heart. Garret Jacobs, jake Glass and maybe joe leard would start producing on the sprints. Distance wise they have brett kelly and mike frenzel. Upcoming people in the triple and long are taylor stein and jake glass. pole vault they have a couple of people that are quickly improving with jordan buechler and joe leard. the throwers are decent also with ryan meidinger leading the way for them. the final topic is high jump... no doubt that brian sinner is a good high jumper, but century has the fantastic jumper in taylor stein. last year he jumped 5' 10'' and sinner jumped 6'3'' but that was stein's first year. this year he is really improving and it is a possibility that he could upset sinner at state. it is gonna be a long season and i will be glad seeing what unveils during the meets

how can you say century is lacking in people. do they only have 80 kids out this year instead of 100? when your competing against schools like williston, mandan, st marys and such, please dont use numbers as an excuse. also mike frenzel is not relevent in the distance events. on another note i think devin huizenga will give joash everything he can handle in the 1600 and possibly beat him. joash only won by .3 at the u mary indoor and joash trained more over the winter. also west fargo's spencer uetz ran an unchallenged 4:29, the same time joash ran at u mary, at concordia the other day.
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby Track66 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:08 pm

Last edited by Track66 on Mon May 25, 2009 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Track66
NDPreps Rookie

Postby TheYessMan » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Track66 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:Speaking about Welk, how is his leg doing. it will be very difficult for him to just pick up where he last was in the sprinting. the leg could bother him, and besides i saw him a couple weeks ago in a boot. He will have to make fast improvements if he wants to be ready before the WDA.

Ha this is John Welk....Ive never posted on here before but ill give it a try ha...but if you wnna know how it is: Everything went according to plan but i ended up having too much pain that i couldnt run...i went in for another surgery to loosen the plate a bit by taking some of the screws out...Ive ran about 3 times on it so far after the surgery and it seems to feel fine....hopefully it will be a great season for everyone and hope the snow will clear up...looking forward to running with everyone this season

that's good. it will be nice seeing you this season on the track..
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:20 am

you can't hate on maurer for being confident in himself. if you are someone who goes into a race,game, or event thinking... I might not win, you are never going to win. Do you think someone like Maurer truely thought that they were gonna win the basketball championship this year??? I do. Without confidence even the greatest athletes wont succeed. There also comes a time when you have earned the right to be cocky and have swagger... Maurer has earned that right in high school athletics!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:30 am

I beleive balla45 is right on when he says you can cut time faster on technique issues than you can by inproving the physical aspects such as speed. Once you've maxed physically its very hard to make gains.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby TheYessMan » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 pm

squeak63 wrote:you can't hate on maurer for being confident in himself. if you are someone who goes into a race,game, or event thinking... I might not win, you are never going to win. Do you think someone like Maurer truely thought that they were gonna win the basketball championship this year??? I do. Without confidence even the greatest athletes wont succeed. There also comes a time when you have earned the right to be cocky and have swagger... Maurer has earned that right in high school athletics!

being over cocky gets you into trouble from time to time. no doubt that he is fast but all i was saying is that he can't just go out on a limb this early in the season. going through the seson i may change my mind, but just take into account all the talent there is out there..
TheYessMan
TheYessMan
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:01 pm

TheYessMan wrote:
squeak63 wrote:you can't hate on maurer for being confident in himself. if you are someone who goes into a race,game, or event thinking... I might not win, you are never going to win. Do you think someone like Maurer truely thought that they were gonna win the basketball championship this year??? I do. Without confidence even the greatest athletes wont succeed. There also comes a time when you have earned the right to be cocky and have swagger... Maurer has earned that right in high school athletics!

being over cocky gets you into trouble from time to time. no doubt that he is fast but all i was saying is that he can't just go out on a limb this early in the season. going through the seson i may change my mind, but just take into account all the talent there is out there..

It is only cocky if you can't back up what you say. I'm not really going out on a limb, what is "overconfident" in thinking that I won't lose in the WDA? No one's PR is within half a second of mine. Wait, I am wrong, the Minot kid's is .45 off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Moritz21 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:59 pm

balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:

It is only cocky if you can't back up what you say. I'm not really going out on a limb, what is "overconfident" in thinking that I won't lose in the WDA? No one's PR is within half a second of mine. Wait, I am wrong, the Minot kid's is .45 off.

i hope you fall....
Moritz21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Moritz21 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:

i hope you fall....

Hope isn't good for much these days.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thirty » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Okay, seriously, you're a mod, you should act with a little less arrogance. Instead of constantly stating that you're the best, nobody will beat you, and that every other hurdler is obsolete and couldn't possibly come close to beating you, you should just sit back and say "Well, I'm gonna work my hardest this season and hopefully I can improve." Modesty, balla45, its a wonderful thing. You don't have to doubt yourself, just keep it to yourself. We all get it, you're an amazing athlete, but how about you be a bit less stubborn and a little more receiving to other possible outcomes of the season.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 pm

Thirty wrote:Okay, seriously, you're a mod, you should act with a little less arrogance. Instead of constantly stating that you're the best, nobody will beat you, and that every other hurdler is obsolete and couldn't possibly come close to beating you, you should just sit back and say "Well, I'm gonna work my hardest this season and hopefully I can improve." Modesty, balla45, its a wonderful thing. You don't have to doubt yourself, just keep it to yourself. We all get it, you're an amazing athlete, but how about you be a bit less stubborn and a little more receiving to other possible outcomes of the season.

I have yet to state that I am the best, because I am not. Toddhunter will beat me, Jemison will probably beat me. I have been completely "realistic" and have backed up everything I have said with facts.

The posts I have made on this topic are simply that the race I "lost" last year was when I false started, after a poster said I had lost last year.

Then, I explained the way hurdles work. The faster person will win 95% of the time, and if you take to notice, last year one hurdler qualified in the 100, and who would that be but state champion Ryan Toddhunter.

Then a poster tells me that I should be worried about Carlson, Magstadt, and Greuel. I again used facts, and bigged the other runners up, and simply stated why I don't think I will lose to them.

Then a poster told me that form matters more than speed when it comes to hurdling, and I showed how that is not true, simply by stating that most of the people I run against have better form than I, but are physically slower.

Then someone told me I was overconfident, because I don't think I will lose to people in the WDA. Again, I backed up my reasoning for that with facts.

Big Moritz tells me that he hopes I fall, and I was very rude in that response, because I should have been.

Back to you "Thirty." I have not directly stated that I am the best, because I am not. I go into this season fully knowing that I can't win the state tournament, because Toddhunter will. I am not an amazing athlete, and do not think that I am, nor have I stated anything coming close to that. I will be very stubborn when someone tells me that I will lose, and I won't be receiving to people who tell me that. Why would I be? If you were in my position, you wouldn't either. If someone says that Toddhunter will beat me, or Jemison will beat me, they have a solid argument, and I won't say that I will win. If someone tells me that a person who has not beat me, or come close to beating me, in 3 years will do it, I will come back at that person.

As for sitting back and saying, "I'm gonna work my hardest this season and hopefully I can improve," I don't do that. I don't sit back and say nothing, and I would think that is pretty obvious by now. I don't hope. Hope gets a person nowhere on the track. A person can hope to break records, beat people, and win championships, but hope does absolutely nothing. If a person wants to break records, beat people, and win championships, that person has to go out and do it, not hope.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:54 pm

As for modesty being a wonderful thing, yes it can be. However, would you really think it was modest if I were to say, "I think I will lose to 3 people in the WDA because they have run qualifying times at some point during their lives, and I will fall back to how I ran as a freshman."? I don't deal in pleasing people, I am realistic. If I was the 5th best hurdler, I would say, I am the 5th best hurdler. I'm not being cocky, I am being realistic.

But, if you want to call me cocky, look at the name and look at the signature.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thirty » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Almost everything you said in that first response paragraph is a warped truth. When you said you were just "simply stating" or "explaining" something, in actuality, you were scoffing at the stupidity of their opinions and had to disprove everything they said. You seem like the kind of person that always has to say "I told you so."

As for you chewing me out for using the word "hopefully". I said nothing about how lounging around and hoping all day gets you places, I just used the word in a example sentence that (you failed to mention) also included the words "hardest" and "work". I could have used any modest sentence there, but no matter what the sentence was, that is not the part of my paragraph that you should have been paying attention to.

You should have been paying attention to the part when I said "You don't have to doubt yourself, just keep it to yourself." Because you obviously skipped over that part, and posted a very sarcastic paragraph about how you think that I'm trying to tell you to say that you'll lose to 3 people that you can beat. I am in no way saying that, I was just "simply stating" that you should, instead of arguing with everyone just for the sake of arguing, listen to what others have to say, throw in friendly opinions when you find them necessary, and be a little more modest with your posts.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Track and Field