Class A 09' Predictions

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Class A 09' Predictions

Postby crazymonkey2 » Mon May 04, 2009 4:24 pm

jill steinwand is amazing change her name to jill studwand
crazymonkey2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby centuryfan » Sun May 17, 2009 11:16 pm

balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:by reading all these posts, it sounds almost as if everyone here is doubting the upcoming talent that century has. I wouldn't be surprised seeing the century track team producing some very talented athletes that will contest at the state track meet. May i remind all of you out there that this year there really isn't one outstanding athlete for all of the events out there, especially since practices are rare with the weather like it is now. Once the outside season starts, then everyone will start settling into their groove. like i said before, do not be surprised seeing the century track team having some athletes that will produce. Century is lacking in people, but they have heart. Garret Jacobs, jake Glass and maybe joe leard would start producing on the sprints. Distance wise they have brett kelly and mike frenzel. Upcoming people in the triple and long are taylor stein and jake glass. pole vault they have a couple of people that are quickly improving with jordan buechler and joe leard. the throwers are decent also with ryan meidinger leading the way for them. the final topic is high jump... no doubt that brian sinner is a good high jumper, but century has the fantastic jumper in taylor stein. last year he jumped 5' 10'' and sinner jumped 6'3'' but that was stein's first year. this year he is really improving and it is a possibility that he could upset sinner at state. it is gonna be a long season and i will be glad seeing what unveils during the meets

Not true.

100 and 200 I'm not sure yet, but I doubt Welk loses in the WDA much. 400 and 800 Jake Miller owns the WDA. 1600 and 3200 Joash won't lose. 100h I won't lose in the WDA. 300h I think Davis could win the WDA, as could many others. Sinner won't lose in high jump in the WDA. Long jump, there are a couple kids and the same for triple. I don't pay a lot of attention to throwing, but Qvale owns shot.
Hmm happened yesterday. Also i want to congradulate you on your effort in finishing the 300h.
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Mon May 18, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks. It was tough to gut out a finish, considering I could barely walk. I would like to congratulate you on being the best high school athlete to never compete in a sport.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Thirty » Mon May 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Haha
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lakers28 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:47 am

centuryfan wrote:
balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:by reading all these posts, it sounds almost as if everyone here is doubting the upcoming talent that century has. I wouldn't be surprised seeing the century track team producing some very talented athletes that will contest at the state track meet. May i remind all of you out there that this year there really isn't one outstanding athlete for all of the events out there, especially since practices are rare with the weather like it is now. Once the outside season starts, then everyone will start settling into their groove. like i said before, do not be surprised seeing the century track team having some athletes that will produce. Century is lacking in people, but they have heart. Garret Jacobs, jake Glass and maybe joe leard would start producing on the sprints. Distance wise they have brett kelly and mike frenzel. Upcoming people in the triple and long are taylor stein and jake glass. pole vault they have a couple of people that are quickly improving with jordan buechler and joe leard. the throwers are decent also with ryan meidinger leading the way for them. the final topic is high jump... no doubt that brian sinner is a good high jumper, but century has the fantastic jumper in taylor stein. last year he jumped 5' 10'' and sinner jumped 6'3'' but that was stein's first year. this year he is really improving and it is a possibility that he could upset sinner at state. it is gonna be a long season and i will be glad seeing what unveils during the meets

Not true.

100 and 200 I'm not sure yet, but I doubt Welk loses in the WDA much. 400 and 800 Jake Miller owns the WDA. 1600 and 3200 Joash won't lose. 100h I won't lose in the WDA. 300h I think Davis could win the WDA, as could many others. Sinner won't lose in high jump in the WDA. Long jump, there are a couple kids and the same for triple. I don't pay a lot of attention to throwing, but Qvale owns shot.
Hmm happened yesterday. Also i want to congradulate you on your effort in finishing the 300h.

That just happened too. I want to congradulate you on some nice, solid predictions.
Lakers28
NDPreps Rookie

Postby balla45 » Tue May 19, 2009 12:34 pm

Do people really not know how to spell congratulate? My predictions are fairly accurate. Smart was a lot better than I thought, but other than that, I was correct for the most part.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Tue May 19, 2009 3:06 pm

Not to be mean but besides 1600 3200 and shot put u were all wrong. Minus the fact that miller didnt run you would get another one right in the 800. I will say that this year is very wide open in some events. (like who expected Wohl who is mostly a sprinter to take the 800 at WDA)
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Tue May 19, 2009 5:42 pm

If you add Smart in, that takes care of the 1, 2 and 4. Davis didn't run 3's. Sinner took 2nd. I took 2nd. I wasn't 100% right, but I was mostly off by 1 or 2 places, and no one knew how healthy Welk would be when he came back.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby powercat » Tue May 19, 2009 8:22 pm

Moritz21 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:
squeak63 wrote:you can't hate on maurer for being confident in himself. if you are someone who goes into a race,game, or event thinking... I might not win, you are never going to win. Do you think someone like Maurer truely thought that they were gonna win the basketball championship this year??? I do. Without confidence even the greatest athletes wont succeed. There also comes a time when you have earned the right to be cocky and have swagger... Maurer has earned that right in high school athletics!

being over cocky gets you into trouble from time to time. no doubt that he is fast but all i was saying is that he can't just go out on a limb this early in the season. going through the seson i may change my mind, but just take into account all the talent there is out there..

It is only cocky if you can't back up what you say. I'm not really going out on a limb, what is "overconfident" in thinking that I won't lose in the WDA? No one's PR is within half a second of mine. Wait, I am wrong, the Minot kid's is .45 off.

i hope you fall....

now this is a much more accurate prediction
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller_2010 » Tue May 19, 2009 9:40 pm

powercat wrote:
Moritz21 wrote:
balla45 wrote:
TheYessMan wrote:
squeak63 wrote:you can't hate on maurer for being confident in himself. if you are someone who goes into a race,game, or event thinking... I might not win, you are never going to win. Do you think someone like Maurer truely thought that they were gonna win the basketball championship this year??? I do. Without confidence even the greatest athletes wont succeed. There also comes a time when you have earned the right to be cocky and have swagger... Maurer has earned that right in high school athletics!

being over cocky gets you into trouble from time to time. no doubt that he is fast but all i was saying is that he can't just go out on a limb this early in the season. going through the seson i may change my mind, but just take into account all the talent there is out there..

It is only cocky if you can't back up what you say. I'm not really going out on a limb, what is "overconfident" in thinking that I won't lose in the WDA? No one's PR is within half a second of mine. Wait, I am wrong, the Minot kid's is .45 off.

i hope you fall....

now this is a much more accurate prediction

Hahahaha
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby centuryfan » Wed May 27, 2009 6:25 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:You Century people just make me laugh - Sinner > Stein ten times over
Are you still laughing?
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby powercat » Wed May 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Ha ha yes he did win the high jump congrats to him. Instead of accepting you guys were actually right on with something (which doesn't happen a lot) you go and switch to something else (his supposed mid 45 triple jump?). He didn't even go 43 which makes me belief you didn't even think he would be good at the high jump, you were just backing up every century person there ever was. So yes i am still laughing.
powercat
NDPreps Starter

Postby Lakers28 » Thu May 28, 2009 7:20 pm

If you look at the triple results, nobody jumped their best that day. Stein's gonna win triple and high next year.
Lakers28
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BillyWaddle » Thu May 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
Santa Claws wrote:
powercat wrote:
cdog wrote:Stein has already cleared 6 this year and is vastly improving his form. He is going to win state for sure.

Brian cleared 6'5 yesterday in aberdeen. good luck to stein

I've also seen stein jump and agree that he will beat sinner at state. Stein also excels in high jump and triple jump, unlike sinner, so he is often tired after those two events. When state rolls around he will give it his best and win. Plus brian probably only cleared 5'5 at aberdeen. Last time I saw him I wasn't impressed at all.

Yes, the five inches Stein is behind in the high jump is clearly not important seeing as Stein can long jump and triple jump better... I understand completely... due to this he will definitely beat Sinner at the high jump at state

How did you know?
BillyWaddle

Postby Baller_2010 » Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 am

BillyWaddle wrote:
Baller_2010 wrote:
Santa Claws wrote:
powercat wrote:
cdog wrote:Stein has already cleared 6 this year and is vastly improving his form. He is going to win state for sure.

I've also seen stein jump and agree that he will beat sinner at state. Stein also excels in high jump and triple jump, unlike sinner, so he is often tired after those two events. When state rolls around he will give it his best and win. Plus brian probably only cleared 5'5 at aberdeen. Last time I saw him I wasn't impressed at all.

Yes, the five inches Stein is behind in the high jump is clearly not important seeing as Stein can long jump and triple jump better... I understand completely... due to this he will definitely beat Sinner at the high jump at state

How did you know?

Stein won the high jump, I know, and I give my congrats to him. But if you're going to tell me that Santa Claws whack logic of 'Stein can triple and long jump better than Brian so he will own Brian for sure in the high jump' was right on then you're just as unintelligent as him too. Oh yeah, and to that guy who kept bragging about Stein going in the mid 45's at WDA but of course it was a magical scratch, 41'10.5" at state, his PR for the season, really proves that fact too. Unless of course, he was 5 feet over, which wouldn't surprise me because Century would still think it fitting to brag up.
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby centuryfan » Sun May 31, 2009 11:23 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
BillyWaddle wrote:
Baller_2010 wrote:
Santa Claws wrote:
powercat wrote:

How did you know?

Stein won the high jump, I know, and I give my congrats to him. But if you're going to tell me that Santa Claws whack logic of 'Stein can triple and long jump better than Brian so he will own Brian for sure in the high jump' was right on then you're just as unintelligent as him too. Oh yeah, and to that guy who kept bragging about Stein going in the mid 45's at WDA but of course it was a magical scratch, 41'10.5" at state, his PR for the season, really proves that fact too. Unless of course, he was 5 feet over, which wouldn't surprise me because Century would still think it fitting to brag up.
wrong was nearly 43 twice check for yourself http://tf.bismarck.k12.nd.us/index2.php
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller_2010 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:37 am

And last I checked somewhere in the 42's isn't quite near the mid 45's he was supposedly getting either
Baller_2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby centuryfan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:22 pm

First off i never said he was jumping that far and second the jump that your talking about he scratched by about an inch but they measured any way since it was so big and it was 45'3"
centuryfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Kobe24 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:13 pm

Baller_2010 wrote:
BillyWaddle wrote:
Baller_2010 wrote:
Santa Claws wrote:
powercat wrote:

How did you know?

Santa Claws got banned permantly for speaking the truth, but I go to school with him and he says that Stein was so tired after triple jump that he did not perform his best at high jump. Santa Claws oviously looked into the furture and saw there was quite a bit of time between high jump and triple jump at the state meet and therefore could perdict that stein was going to do his best and win the state meet (so much for that 6'5 from sinner). Santa Claws knew who was going to win all along!
Kobe24
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Track and Field