ND Relays

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

ND Relays

Postby janobilly20 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:31 pm

It seems the meet this week is a bust. The goal was to try and make it like the state track meet where there is two days of competition, but it seems it hasn't drawn the attention wanted. Officials wanted Class B teams as well as out of state teams to compete, but there are only a few Class B teams coming and zero out of state teams. Plus there is only 3 east teams competing. So much for the first annual ND Relays...
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Re: ND Relays

Postby opinionated » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:12 pm

his is the first year. It will take time but at least someone is trying to put a Big Time Meet together so we can get a chance to compete against other athletes. I applaud those who are working so hard to get this done, and wish them luck.
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby 14>35 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:49 pm

it will be fun
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby janobilly20 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:07 pm

I agree. It will be a good time and good prep.
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby flyguy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:44 pm

yea its a great idea but this year no class a and calass b and there is no out of state teams why is it still a two day meet.....the only reason i can think of is to give athletes a chance to do more events over the exteneded period....distance runners especially
flyguy

Postby janobilly20 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:12 pm

flyguy wrote:yea its a great idea but this year no class a and calass b and there is no out of state teams why is it still a two day meet.....the only reason i can think of is to give athletes a chance to do more events over the exteneded period....distance runners especially

i think they were expecting a much bigger turnout...
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mc696 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:55 pm

First year will have some issues and always tough to find weekends people dont have traditional meets on. Would be fun to be true "dakotas" and pull up some SD schools as well. Not sure about the decision to do a pre lim and finals in the 300 hurdles but the 3200 finish was one for the books they both ran a excellent race, and the last lap time parish ran was incredible.
mc696

Postby BHSrunner » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:09 pm

Parrish's final lap was a 61.
BHSrunner
NDPreps Starter

Postby mc696 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:06 pm

Not really sure what your saying but 3 coaches i was standing by all had 58.3 to 5 on his last lap and really Id suggest 61 was just great as well, faster than most run a lap in a open 800.

Saturday was great as well didnt think dressler would lose any records in the near future but that was wrong congrats to C Ploof, 1600 finish was again great close and well challenged. I think the event has some nice potential just being earlier in the outdoor season and bringing together some top athletes that may not see each other much during after state indoor. There were a lot of state qualifiers coming out of the weekend making it productive all by itself. Should motivate a lot of people seeing what they have to beat to be the best.
mc696

Return to Track and Field