Kristen Killoran

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Kristen Killoran

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:33 pm

MVE’s Killoran shatters meet triple jump record
Monday, 31 March 2008
By Jordan Hoots
Valley City Times-Record

FARGO – Maple Valley-Enderlin’s Kristen Killoran caught attention at the state indoor meet on Saturday by winning three events.
“Kristen had a great meet,” MVE Falcons coach Kelley Utt said.
If she didn’t catch people’s attention with her 18-foot, 3-inch long jump for a state indoor title, she ran a blazing 8.09 seconds in the 60-meter dash. She not only won, her time beat state class A champion Jill Steinwand’s time of 8.11.

Just thought this was interesting....that she beat the state class A champ in her 60 meter time...i thought she was mainly a jumper...
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Kristen Killoran

Postby rep » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:32 pm

a very real threat to break the record every time she competes in an event. i hope it isn't windy at the state meet this year...she has a real shot to make some history unless they disallow times because of the wind.
rep

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:39 pm

She also crushed the indoor triple jump record. I think they said she would have placed 4th or 5th in the boys division. I believe also that she is 2007 300m hurdle champion. I haven't seen her compete, but looking forward to it
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:42 am

Killoran surprises herself
Eric Peterson,
Published Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kristen Killoran amazed herself with her first triple-jump attempt of the outdoor track season last week.

“My mouth just dropped,” said Killoran, a senior on the Maple Valley-Enderlin girls track team.

Killoran soared a career-best 39 feet, 9 inches in that inaugural attempt.

“Everything just went perfect” said Killoran, who has signed at North Dakota State for track and field. “I jumped and looked in the pit and said ‘That looks kind of far.’ I was totally shocked.”

Two days later, Killoran popped a 19-5 in the long jump, which is the second best of her career. She jumped 19-8 last season.

“I think she is always continually setting her goals higher,” Maple Valley-Enderlin coach Kelley Utt said. “When I look at her after a big jump, she seems to be amazed, but I’m not so sure she isn’t trying to set her goals higher. Every coach dreams about that athlete.”

Bismarck boys track coach Dave Zittleman believes Killoran’s 39-9 triple jump is the top all-time girls leap in North Dakota.

“It’s remarkable,” Zittleman said.

Zittleman keeps an unofficial top 10 list of all-time Class A boys and girls performances posted on his team’s Web site. Former Fargo South standout Crystal Cummins has the top Class A girls triple jump at 39-4¼.

Zittleman is in the process of compiling a Class B all-time list and has yet to come across a jump that tops 39-9.

“I think by the time we get to state, she is such a competitor, I wouldn’t doubt that she would be able to pop a 40,” Utt said.

Utt missed the 39-9 jump as she ventured away from the triple-jump area for a few minutes.

“When they came over to tell me she jumped 39-9, I just got chills down my spine,” Utt said. “It was just like, ‘Wow!’ ”

According to the Web site trackandfieldnews.com, Killoran’s performances would rank among the top 10 in the country in both the long and triple jumps.

“To have a 20-foot long jumper for most Class B boys high school teams would be good, to have a girl do it would be unprecedented,” said longtime Lisbon boys track coach Joe Howell. “The girls look up to her and the boys hope to beat her.”

Killoran added a new jump to her repertoire, trying out the high jump at a meet on Tuesday. She cleared 5-1 and qualified for the state meet in the event. Killoran had one day of practice with the event before she competed. Before that, she hadn’t tried the high jump since seventh grade.

“I think that was a fun thing to try,” Killoran said. “It’s not something I want to do at state. It’s just to say I did it.”
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:47 am

She has qualified in 7 events so far... 100M, 200M, 100 Hurdles, 300 Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump and Triple Jump. Could there be more??
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:19 pm

ClassBEast wrote:She has qualified in 7 events so far... 100M, 200M, 100 Hurdles, 300 Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump and Triple Jump. Could there be more??

to me she seems like kind of a natural javelin thrower, but i don't know if she has ever done it?
rep

Postby D-Pain » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:43 pm

The weston leutz of girls track it sounds like! A 39'9!! All i gotta say is, dang!!
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:38 pm

ClassBEast wrote:She has qualified in 7 events so far... 100M, 200M, 100 Hurdles, 300 Hurdles, High Jump, Long Jump and Triple Jump. Could there be more??

I believe she has also qualified the 400M. Hope she has a great state track meet. Good luck!
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:18 pm

Where is she going to school and for what sport?

Thanks
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby rkmt » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 pm

NDSU for track
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Return to Track and Field