U-Mary Meet

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

U-Mary Meet

Postby track guy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:02 am

Just wondering what everyone thought about the first meet of the year. Were there any surprising finishes?
track guy

Re: U-Mary Meet

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:07 pm

This was way to early in the year.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby flyguy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:32 pm

Ive always not been of fan of indoor from a long distance side of it....so many lap to the mile and other events but it might be evn worse for sprinters...i ran the 400 and you cant keep your feet flat around the corners ur constantly on the sides....to early in the year too...and yesturday it was beutiful out why nto change it to an outdoor everyone would have liked it.
flyguy

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:18 pm

flyguy wrote:Ive always not been of fan of indoor from a long distance side of it....so many lap to the mile and other events but it might be evn worse for sprinters...i ran the 400 and you cant keep your feet flat around the corners ur constantly on the sides....to early in the year too...and yesturday it was beutiful out why nto change it to an outdoor everyone would have liked it.

there was probly still snow on the track
demon_fan14

Postby flyguy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:24 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
flyguy wrote:Ive always not been of fan of indoor from a long distance side of it....so many lap to the mile and other events but it might be evn worse for sprinters...i ran the 400 and you cant keep your feet flat around the corners ur constantly on the sides....to early in the year too...and yesturday it was beutiful out why nto change it to an outdoor everyone would have liked it.

you would think that but no....i warmed up on the outdoor track for my indoor race....no snow....start outdoor!
flyguy

Postby demon_fan14 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:29 pm

flyguy wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:

you would think that but no....i warmed up on the outdoor track for my indoor race....no snow....start outdoor!

realy???.....I saw snow
demon_fan14

Postby squeak63 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 pm

i will also agree that this is way to early for a track meet... for 1 alot the people that normally would have competed arent because of basketball... and also i know for bismarck high they had 2 teams make the state basketball team so there is no gym space for the throwers... the only days that they had to throw before this meet were thursday and friday of wda and state when the basketball teams were playing... so personally i wouldn't want to throw shot on 4 and a half days of live practice... its not close to basketball there should be no indoor once so ever
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby flyguy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:09 pm

squeak63 wrote:i will also agree that this is way to early for a track meet... for 1 alot the people that normally would have competed arent because of basketball... and also i know for bismarck high they had 2 teams make the state basketball team so there is no gym space for the throwers... the only days that they had to throw before this meet were thursday and friday of wda and state when the basketball teams were playing... so personally i wouldn't want to throw shot on 4 and a half days of live practice... its not close to basketball there should be no indoor once so ever

Same with the jumpers....high jump only on thursday and friday and long and thirple can kinda work on their steps but not too much same with ppole vault too
flyguy

Postby squeak63 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:41 pm

flyguy wrote:
squeak63 wrote:i will also agree that this is way to early for a track meet... for 1 alot the people that normally would have competed arent because of basketball... and also i know for bismarck high they had 2 teams make the state basketball team so there is no gym space for the throwers... the only days that they had to throw before this meet were thursday and friday of wda and state when the basketball teams were playing... so personally i wouldn't want to throw shot on 4 and a half days of live practice... its not close to basketball there should be no indoor once so ever

Same with the jumpers....high jump only on thursday and friday and long and thirple can kinda work on their steps but not too much same with ppole vault too

yeah i guess its that way too i only though of throwers because i am one but its pretty much that way for all the feild events
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby earl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:07 pm

T-Fleck with a +54 put. more that 6 feet on his P.R. watch for him to beat qvale and haugerenbergen.
earl

Return to Track and Field