What track team in Class A has the best shot at taking state

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: What track team in Class A has the best shot at taking state

Postby chemokid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:37 am

it's pretty obvious that bhs has an excelling distance program, but how do they fare in field events?
chemokid

Postby Demonsenior2 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:10 pm

So why isnt South dominating track? They have a lot more kids then BHS does?
Demonsenior2

Postby Deuce » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

A lot more? According the the ndhsaa they're pretty comparable. http://www.ndhsaa.com/directory_list.asp

FARGO SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (10-12) 1525
BISMARCK HIGH SCHOOL ENROLL. (10-12) 1440

Track typically goes in cycles but Bismarck has put a good run together.

1988 Fargo South
1989 Dickinson
1990 Dickinson
1991 Bismarck
1992 Grand Forks
1993 Bismarck
1994 Bismarck
1995 Fargo South
1996 Fargo South
1997 Dickinson
1998 Dickinson
1999 Dickinson
2000 Fargo South
2001 Minot
2002 Minot
2003 Fargo South
2004 Bismarck
2005 Bismarck
2006 Bismarck
2007 Bismarck
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby PoleVault3508 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:06 pm

But does anybody realize that there are awhole lot of east region teams that aren't to bad that will most likely be a pretty good match for all the west teams you think are so good. Yeah all you BHS hot shots even the Demons team. Also for anyone that says that coaches don't decide on how good your track team is or can be you are completly oblivious to how a track team works. Its just like any other sport, the better the coaches no matter how good the athletes are the better the team will be. For example the Lisbon track coach prolly the best coach in the state not that many athletes but they always have a solid team, even against the much larger class A schools. But bismark schools better watch out for South red river and central, they will all be though this year.
PoleVault3508

Postby im lovin it » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:43 pm

South is probably the only team that will come close to BHS this year.
im lovin it

Postby flyguy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:22 am

im lovin it wrote:South is probably the only team that will come close to BHS this year.

if close is 80 points then yea
flyguy

Postby PoleVault3508 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:21 am

80 points huh??? I don't think south will win by that much.
PoleVault3508

Postby flyguy » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:06 pm

PoleVault3508 wrote:80 points huh??? I don't think south will win by that much.

No FSHS has a chance of losing by 80...BHS will roll just like they always do at state track!
flyguy

Postby PoleVault3508 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:14 pm

I am excited to see how this year ends up. For some reason I have a feeling that it will be closer than 80 points. Just my opinion thou
PoleVault3508

Postby demon_fan14 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:11 am

flyguy wrote:
PoleVault3508 wrote:80 points huh??? I don't think south will win by that much.

No FSHS has a chance of losing by 80...BHS will roll just like they always do at state track!

i also think it will be alot closer than 80 points flyguy.....we lost a lot of quality seniors
demon_fan14

Postby PoleVault3508 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:46 am

BHS doesn't have a whole lot goin on in the field this year either which could really hurt them in the overall point standings
PoleVault3508

Postby opinionated » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:14 pm

The team that will win will be the team that works the hardest.... has the best coaches..... and has the best teammates.....I think we all know who that is........
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon201 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:31 am

First of all, part of the reason the BHS does so well is that they not only have great coaches but these coaches don't take things for granted. Just as the talk on here will be that BHS is the odds-on favorites to win again, that will be the chatter around BHS among non-team members and non-coach staff. But Zittleman bristles at the notion that anything is in the bag. I believe he upholds the same with his team - don't assume anything.

It is no secret that success begets more success - and BHS gets more kids out because there are kids who want to be part of something successful. (This is also why BHS wrestling continues to be powerful - kids want to come be part of Schumacher/Knowlen's tradition, so they wrestle starting right after potty training, basically.) Zittleman has historically made chicken soup out of chicken droppings in one or two cases each year, and this sort of thing "gets around" and encourages other marginal athletes to give it a try.

The Demons will be tough again, but I have stopped making hard & fast conclusions in advance - Zittleman's taught us better than that.
demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby opinionated » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:24 am

He is a smart man, heed his advice and you will be successful... the truth will prevail at the end of May, which is a long way off. Keep working hard and lets see what the Spring brings
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby YownHouse » Tue May 06, 2008 6:15 pm

An avant BHS runner, Jason Duchscherer will place 1st in the 100, 200, and 400 garunteed. Also, the 800m run and BHS long distance does very well. The field events are worthless, but when you have about 10 top notch athletes running alot of events, you score alot of points which come out to a victory. BHS wont get beat, but if they do, it's going to have to be in the field events. They are too dominate this year with a select few athletes. and if you go out for track and struggle thats still awesome. At least your not sittin at home posting on NDpreps tryin to bring someone better than you down..
YownHouse

Postby squeak63 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:54 pm

YownHouse wrote:An avant BHS runner, Jason Duchscherer will place 1st in the 100, 200, and 400 garunteed. Also, the 800m run and BHS long distance does very well. The field events are worthless, but when you have about 10 top notch athletes running alot of events, you score alot of points which come out to a victory. BHS wont get beat, but if they do, it's going to have to be in the field events. They are too dominate this year with a select few athletes. and if you go out for track and aren't cool thats still awesome. At least your not sittin at home posting on NDpreps tryin to bring someone better than you down..

hey now maybe bhs may be week in the jumps but there not horrible in the throws... its not like they are going to go and take 1st and 2nd in shot disc and jav... but they have potential for 2 or 3 guys to take anywhere from 4th-8th in both the shot and disc and who knows with disc this year the only real good throw was from dockter from south one of the bhs throwers may be able to slip up into a second or 3rd there.. they have 2 qualifiers in disc, 3 in shot, and 1 in jav... not all that bad and they could pick up some much needed points at the state meet
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoAus8 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:22 pm

whoa whats this about Duchsherer winning the 100. 200, and 400. Smith out of Wahpeton will almost for sure win the 100 if he doesn't pull his hammy like last year, and elliot out of valley or smith could both win the 200
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby spartanFan » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:47 pm

For Track it always comes down to the biggest schools in ND so no matter what it always will come down to Fargo south or Bismarck High school
Last edited by spartanFan on Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spartanFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:05 pm

spartanFan wrote:For Track it always comes down to the biggest schools in ND so no matter what its always will come down to Fargo south or Bismarck High school

thats easy to say when bismarck has a dynasty going like they do
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby stoaxc2004 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:09 am

If South is ever going to beat Bismarck, they better do it soon before the school splits in to two schools in a few years!
stoaxc2004

Postby spartanFan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 pm

if Fargo ever has a chance at winning any thing they should have a Fargo area schools were west fargo south and North and shanly and oak groov kids are all combined into one team lol ! : :mrgreen:

i dont under stand why there is 5 high schools in Fargo and all the west teams have 1 except for bismarck witch has 3!
spartanFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:04 am

spartanFan wrote:if Fargo ever has a chance at winning any thing they should have a Fargo area schools were west fargo south and North and shanly and oak groov kids are all combined into one team lol ! : :mrgreen:

i dont under stand why there is 5 high schools in Fargo and all the west teams have 1 except for bismarck witch has 3!

Fargo and west fargo are two seperate towns and Bismarck has 4
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby spartanFan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:59 am

isnt it only st marys BHS and CHS?
spartanFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby stoaxc2004 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:30 am

well those are all the class A schools...there is also Bismarck Shiloh Christian which is Class B!
stoaxc2004

Postby spartanFan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:33 pm

oh never herd of it
spartanFan
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Track and Field