What track team in Class A has the best shot at taking state

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

What track team in Class A has the best shot at taking state

Postby Demonsenior2 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:40 pm

Just curious who everyone thinks is going to be at the top of class A track this season 07-08
Demonsenior2

Re: What track team in Class A has the best shot at taking state

Postby track guy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:03 pm

I think that the Bismarck Demons will have a great chance at taking state. I don't particularly like the Demons, but i think they have one heck of a team. I think Bismarck Century can also be top 2 or 3 at the big meet.
track guy

Postby Stormtrooper » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Demonsenior2 wrote:Just curious who everyone thinks is going to be at the top of class A track this season 07-08

st.marys all the way.
Stormtrooper

Postby track guy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:11 pm

well i guess i will concur with the whole st. marys theory
track guy

Postby im lovin it » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:48 pm

track guy wrote:I think that the Bismarck Demons will have a great chance at taking state. I don't particularly like the Demons, but i think they have one heck of a team. I think Bismarck Century can also be top 2 or 3 at the big meet.

If Century couldnt get it done with Luetz, how are they going to do it without him? he was 40 points every meet!
im lovin it

Postby track guy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:12 pm

wow "im lovin it" no one said that century was going to win state this year, now did they. I said that century should be top 2 or 3. If you can not understand what you are reading maybe you should go back to junior high!!! let me guess, you are probable one of those BHS kids who think they are the coolest thing ever. If you can not read a comment on the web and not take it personal, even though nothing was said of CHS winning state, then STAY OFF THE NET!!!!
track guy

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:27 am

track guy wrote:wow "im lovin it" no one said that century was going to win state this year, now did they. I said that century should be top 2 or 3. If you can not understand what you are reading maybe you should go back to junior high!!! let me guess, you are probable one of those BHS kids who think they are the coolest thing ever. If you can not read a comment on the web and not take it personal, even though nothing was said of CHS winning state, then STAY OFF THE NET!!!!

i dont think he was retaliating to someone saying century was gonna win state i think he was just stating a fact!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:48 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
track guy wrote:wow "im lovin it" no one said that century was going to win state this year, now did they. I said that century should be top 2 or 3. If you can not understand what you are reading maybe you should go back to junior high!!! let me guess, you are probable one of those BHS kids who think they are the coolest thing ever. If you can not read a comment on the web and not take it personal, even though nothing was said of CHS winning state, then STAY OFF THE NET!!!!

i dont think he was retaliating to someone saying century was gonna win state i think he was just stating a fact!

I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!!!!
Stormtrooper

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:02 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT!!!!

BHS will win state track. It is a fact. It won't be close. It will just happen.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby im lovin it » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:13 pm

BHS will win it by a landslide again. THe past 4 years the seniors on the team could have won state by themselves...
im lovin it

Postby track guy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:24 pm

I know that BHS is going to win state this year, but i think it has to help when they have twice as many kids as the 2 other local schools. If BHS did not have the enormous amount of student athletes i think the chances of another Bismarck school winning state would be better. I am excited to see what will happen the the BHS track team in a few years with the open enrollment being stopped.
track guy

Postby run4fun » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Or maybe BHS just has the best coaches in the state and kids who like to work hard for them...but why give credit to anyone? Blaming it on school size would be a better route!
run4fun
NDPreps Reserve

Postby track guy » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:43 pm

I don't think that BHS has the best coaches. I believe 2 years ago Tim Jacobsen, the head CHS track coach, was named coach of the year. (not sure who it was last year) I also happen to know that the century track team puts in their time as well. CHS gets to the bowl at the same time that BHS does, but the also stay later. I don't know of one time that the BHS team has stayed past 6:00pm, as the century athletes did almost everyday last year. School size will help out huge in scoring points, don't kid your self.
track guy

Postby Demonsenior2 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Pretty sure Zittleman and Anderson won it in 2007 and in 2005. I was on those track teams, so I know that. We work hard to win 4 in arow. Its not just numbers...not even half of these kids make it through the first couple of weeks. Its always the same team as the year before. We might have 100 and some kids come out but we only have like 50 or less competing in the varsity events
Demonsenior2

Postby soykevinendall » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:26 pm

i don't believe he meant the number of kids on the track team. he meant the number of kids that go to bhs, therefore there is a better chance that bhs will have better athletes.
"There's something about St. Mary's that brings it out."
"I've been off lately, but I got in a rhythm and started making some shots. I wanted the ball. At the end I wanted to be the one to put it away."
"We really wanted it and we never gave up. We just kept battling."
soykevinendall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:18 pm

soykevinendall wrote:i don't believe he meant the number of kids on the track team. he meant the number of kids that go to bhs, therefore there is a better chance that bhs will have better athletes.

i am pretty sure bismarck high school doesn't have 2x more kids the century... and personally i am not gonna give the credit to the coaches on this one i am gonna give the credit to the althletes of 04 and 05 when the legacy of bhs track started... trust me i go to school at bismarck high and i am on the track team and at our school a lot of people go out for track just out of the blue so they can one day say... i was part of that... i mean i have not qualified in my hole track carreer... i probably wont qualify this year but you know what i still go out for track just to be a part of it... i think thats whats different from bhs and other schools... just my personal opinion
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby track guy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Alright, BHS had roughly 120 more kids in their graduating class last year and about 400 more in the total school. Within those 400 kids you are bound to find a hand full of kids that are semi-athletic. So don't try and say that the number of kids are not going to help out a track team, it does. And by the way, what exactly are you being part of when you are not a state qualifier? State is the only meet that matters.
track guy

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:23 pm

track guy wrote:Alright, BHS had roughly 120 more kids in their graduating class last year and about 400 more in the total school. Within those 400 kids you are bound to find a hand full of kids that are semi-athletic. So don't try and say that the number of kids are not going to help out a track team, it does. And by the way, what exactly are you being part of when you are not a state qualifier? State is the only meet that matters.

yeah but what i was saying is there are the kids who just say i want to go out and be a part the hole thing and end up qualifying and doing pretty well
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby track guy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 pm

Alright, i will give you that. i know that some kids will just come out for tack to give it a worl and end up qualifing. You have to admit though, the more kids you have that come, the more chance that you have of qualifing those kids. The more kids you have qualified, the better chance you have at scoring points at the big meet.
track guy

Postby squeak63 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:22 pm

track guy wrote:Alright, i will give you that. i know that some kids will just come out for tack to give it a worl and end up qualifing. You have to admit though, the more kids you have that come, the more chance that you have of qualifing those kids. The more kids you have qualified, the better chance you have at scoring points at the big meet.

i agree with you 100% but what i am saying is that just cause bhs has more kids then some school doens't mean thats the sole reason they win are good... if that was the case then fargo south should win state tack every year
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby flyguy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:06 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
track guy wrote:Alright, i will give you that. i know that some kids will just come out for tack to give it a worl and end up qualifing. You have to admit though, the more kids you have that come, the more chance that you have of qualifing those kids. The more kids you have qualified, the better chance you have at scoring points at the big meet.

i agree with you 100% but what i am saying is that just cause bhs has more kids then some school doens't mean thats the sole reason they win are good... if that was the case then fargo south should win state tack every year

BHS gets a ton of kids out compared to like jamestown mandan williston so they should be better.But BHS has great a coaching staff with zittleman and anderson and reichenburger running the distance and mid distance program(the same kids that always in XC) so they always have a strong backbone of distance runners, and cook is a good sprinting coach.and they always have pretty good field events.With about 3 kids quailfying in every event there are gonna be a tough team to beat.and who wouldnt wanna joina team that wins state every year so more and more kids are going out that is why they are gonna win state this year and many many many more times in the future!
flyguy

Postby trackstar12 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:16 pm

i think bismarck's exessive number of kids helps them in track a great deal...in cross country where only the top 5 or so count you dont need to field a large team, so smaller teams can stay competative, but in track when one team has 100 kids and your team has about 30 and all are possible scorers(not just top 5) the bigger team tends to dominate
trackstar12

Postby track guy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:49 am

I agree 100%. the more kids you have the better chance you have at scoring points. Don't get me wrong i know BHS has alot of good coaches, but so do most of the other schools in the state.
track guy

Postby flyguy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:48 am

trackstar12 wrote:i think bismarck's exessive number of kids helps them in track a great deal...in cross country where only the top 5 or so count you dont need to field a large team, so smaller teams can stay competative, but in track when one team has 100 kids and your team has about 30 and all are possible scorers(not just top 5) the bigger team tends to dominate

yea but in xc, if you have a team that has 40 kids and your bound to have at least 5 solid runners and when u can run 20 a meet if one kid has a bad meet he has a teammate to back him up
flyguy

Postby trackstar12 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:18 am

flyguy wrote:
trackstar12 wrote:i think bismarck's exessive number of kids helps them in track a great deal...in cross country where only the top 5 or so count you dont need to field a large team, so smaller teams can stay competative, but in track when one team has 100 kids and your team has about 30 and all are possible scorers(not just top 5) the bigger team tends to dominate

yea but in xc, if you have a team that has 40 kids and your bound to have at least 5 solid runners and when u can run 20 a meet if one kid has a bad meet he has a teammate to back him up

True but in xc you still only score 5. In track you can score anyone who places so the teams with more people tend to dominate. Bismarck does have usally a limited number of entrants (5 or 6 per event)at their meets wich helps a little.
trackstar12

Next

Return to Track and Field