Who to look for in the 08 season in the field events?

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Who to look for in the 08 season in the field events?

Postby PoleVault3508 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:27 pm

Who do you think has the most potential to do the most in the field events for the upcoming 2008 season?
PoleVault3508

Re: Who to look for in the 08 season in the field events?

Postby 14>35 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:17 pm

look for brent qvale and mitch haugeberg to duel it out for tops in shotput again this year.
jerad aasen in javelin threw 170's as a sophomore but was hurt last year. he could be big
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Look for kole seiler to do some damage in the 400 this year. he'll probably be in the top three at every race.
Stormtrooper

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:57 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:Look for kole seiler to do some damage in the 400 this year. he'll probably be in the top three at every race.

taylor brushine chalis williams tom kdrana and jake miller shoudl all do some damage along with dusher of course i look for sailer to maybe place in every 400

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby flyguy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:57 pm

this is a field event topic.please stay on field events.
top field event athletes will be Karl Effertz, Brent Qvale,Chris Griffin just to name a few....who else?
flyguy

Postby squeak63 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:10 pm

flyguy wrote:this is a field event topic.please stay on field events.
top field event athletes will be Karl Effertz, Brent Qvale,Chris Griffin just to name a few....who else?

BHS should have a couple of decent throwers... ryan gisinger sr. threw the shot 48 ft last year darren radke sr. was pretty good but he had knee surgery which might slow him down tyler bradley jr. threw the disc 145 ft last year and eric klein jr. threw the disc 140 ft freshmen year but had knee surgery last year which kept him out
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stormtrooper » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:40 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:Look for kole seiler to do some damage in the 400 this year. he'll probably be in the top three at every race.

taylor brushine chalis williams tom kdrana and jake miller shoudl all do some damage along with dusher of course i look for sailer to maybe place in every 400

kole seiler is the strongest 400 runner in the state. i know he benched 280 pounds. anyone that beats him will probably get beat up after the race. idk, im pretty sure he beat all those guys but brushwein and doucherer. but enough of the 400, back to the field events!!
Stormtrooper

Postby flyguy » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

kole seiler is the strongest 400 runner in the state. i know he benched 280 pounds. anyone that beats him will probably get beat up after the race. idk, im pretty sure he beat all those guys but brushwein and doucherer. but enough of the 400, back to the field events!!

Benching doesnt mean anything for a 400 runner.It helps with strength but speed and endurance is what you need more than benching.So yea thats impressive 280, but lets see him run a 50 seconds 4500 then were tlking
flyguy

Postby im lovin it » Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

ok. wow! first of all stormtrooper....how is he the strongest 400 runner if the state champ(Duchscherer, please get it right) is still running? and still working hard as ever?
im lovin it

Postby Stormtrooper » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:34 pm

im lovin it wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

ok. wow! first of all stormtrooper....how is he the strongest 400 runner if the state champ(Duchscherer, please get it right) is still running? and still working hard as ever?

I meant strong as in physically strong (he benched 285 actually), but seiler does run a very strong race. jeez im lovin it, dont get your undies in a bundy.
Stormtrooper

Postby 14>35 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:20 pm

you guys could start a "what 400m runner benches the most?" topic? i think this is for field events.
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby track guy » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:58 am

alright seiler benches 280, squats a clean 320 and runs 4 miles a day. He is going to have the strengh and endurance to run with anyone in the state. i believe he will be top 3 at every meet.
track guy

Postby cdub1 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:09 pm

track guy wrote:alright seiler benches 280, squats a clean 320 and runs 4 miles a day. He is going to have the strengh and endurance to run with anyone in the state. i believe he will be top 3 at every meet.

if hez puttin this much work in why is he only squattin 320 if you are benchin almost as much as you squat your body wont be balanced and you will get slower

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stormtrooper » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:54 pm

cdub1 wrote:
track guy wrote:alright seiler benches 280, squats a clean 320 and runs 4 miles a day. He is going to have the strengh and endurance to run with anyone in the state. i believe he will be top 3 at every meet.

if hez puttin this much work in why is he only squattin 320 if you are benchin almost as much as you squat your body wont be balanced and you will get slower

not always my good cdub1. it is always good to have power in your upper body. him benching 280 means that he has more power and explosiveness when he comes out of the blocks and while he is pumping his arms while running. and a 320 squat isnt bad either. how may 400 runner do u see with "tree trunk" legs from squatting. the legs need to be explosive in an event like this. give the kid some credit for trying to get better.
Stormtrooper

Postby cdub1 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

not always my good cdub1. it is always good to have power in your upper body. him benching 280 means that he has more power and explosiveness when he comes out of the blocks and while he is pumping his arms while running. and a 320 squat isnt bad either. how may 400 runner do u see with "tree trunk" legs from squatting. the legs need to be explosive in an event like this. give the kid some credit for trying to get better.

ill give him credit on the real i thought u made a type and he was squattin 420

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 14>35 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:19 pm

does the kid play football? because i think its a little weird a 400 runner is benching 280 because it wouldnt be that beneficial to running
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby track guy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:08 pm

Yes, he did play football. He decided to run track in college instead of playing football.
track guy

Postby Stormtrooper » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:51 pm

14>35 wrote:does the kid play football? because i think its a little weird a 400 runner is benching 280 because it wouldnt be that beneficial to running

of course its beneficial to running. benching 280lbs has to do with athleticism and strength, dont knock the kid because u cant get up half that weight. and seiler started corner for chs football team.
Stormtrooper

Postby track guy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:07 pm

and to you "flyguy", you wanted to see seiler run a 50 sec. 400. He lead his 4x4 off at nike outdoor nationals with a 50.59. That CHS 4x4 team ran 3:20.24, this is faster than any ND team has ever ran!!! If you don't know what you are talking about please keep your comments to your self. here is the website if you want to check up on the validity of the post. http://www.chs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athle ... inPage.htm
track guy

Postby im lovin it » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:57 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
14>35 wrote:does the kid play football? because i think its a little weird a 400 runner is benching 280 because it wouldnt be that beneficial to running

of course its beneficial to running. benching 280lbs has to do with athleticism and strength, dont knock the kid because u cant get up half that weight. and seiler started corner for chs football team.

Who cares if he can bench 280...the state champ from last year cant...but he has a state champ title! maybe siedler should start running some 400s and not benching all the time...he has alot to work up to if he wants to be number 1
im lovin it

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:05 pm

I run the 400. I ran a 54 as a freshman when I benched about 150. I ran a 53 as a sophomore when I benched 240. I don't think that benching affects your time much, if at all. It is more about conditioning and speed. If you can sprint the entire race, you will do good.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby 14>35 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 pm

hey i wasnt knocking the kid for benching 280. yea it helps with athleticism and strength all im saying is that you can bench all the weight you want its not gonna make you a speeding bullet. its benefits are going to be negligible.

also another good point was made...did the state champ bench 280 last year? probably not and it looks like he didnt need it to be a CHAMP
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:21 pm

balla45 wrote:I run the 400. I ran a 54 as a freshman when I benched about 150. I ran a 53 as a sophomore when I benched 240. I don't think that benching affects your time much, if at all. It is more about conditioning and speed. If you can sprint the entire race, you will do good.

i highly doubt that your bench went up 90!!! pounds in one year. keep on tryin balla.
Stormtrooper

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:51 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
balla45 wrote:I run the 400. I ran a 54 as a freshman when I benched about 150. I ran a 53 as a sophomore when I benched 240. I don't think that benching affects your time much, if at all. It is more about conditioning and speed. If you can sprint the entire race, you will do good.

i highly doubt that your bench went up 90!!! pounds in one year. keep on tryin balla.

This might help you a little bit. If you have never benched in your life, then you do it for an entire year, your bench will go up alot. Go try it out.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:52 pm

yeah...I'm sure my bench went up 40-50 after one semester of a strength and conditioning class...so ball45 isn't making anything up haha
project-pat

Next

Return to Track and Field