Who to look for in the 08 season in the field events?

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who to look for in the 08 season in the field events?

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:23 pm

project-pat wrote:yeah...I'm sure my bench went up 40-50 after one semester of a strength and conditioning class...so ball45 isn't making anything up haha

definently after football is over for me my bench usually drops 30-40 pounds from what i could do before the season started... (we do more endurence training during the season then muscle building) but then by the time basketball is over for me (i lift hard during basketball because i am not really good at it so yeah you get the point) my bench is usually up about 10 lbs over my max before the football season so there you go i put 40-50 lbs onto my max in 4 months
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby I'm Me » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:16 pm

project-pat wrote:yeah...I'm sure my bench went up 40-50 after one semester of a strength and conditioning class...so ball45 isn't making anything up haha

40 to 50 in 4.5 months? r u being realistic with yourself. what are u on, i might need to get me some of that.
I'm Me

Postby balla45 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 pm

I'm Me wrote:

40 to 50 in 4.5 months? r u being realistic with yourself. what are u on, i might need to get me some of that.

If you are lifting 3-4 days a week and your bench isn't really high to start with, and it is just your natural strength, it is very easy to get your bench up. There was a time where it could go up 5-10 pounds a week when I had just started. After awhile you will level off, but you will still slowly go up.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:39 pm

I'm Me wrote:

pretty much cause I just started lifting...and lifting 4 days a week really helped too
project-pat

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:07 am

Are you friends with Roger Clemens trainer? :wink:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 pm

LOL, NDSportsfan!!!! I Like it!

Poor Project, do you ever feel like you are a punching bag for all the hits you take????
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:07 pm

Roger Clemens can't even touch my pipes...haha I think I'm ok with a little fun being poked at me after reading some of my posts...
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:10 pm

NDSportsFan...I am officially challenging you to the Octagon...I wanna settle this score once and for all...put my strength and conditioning progress to the test haha....joking
project-pat

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:21 pm

hmm.......well i have been working out a little.

NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Well, to be more realistic.........

NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby flyguy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:04 pm

40-50 pounds isnt really that much if someone has never lifted before.I mean u will gain weight and strength soon after if u lift 4 days a week.Just curious has it went up since?
flyguy

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:19 pm

to be honest...I've lifted once since that class ended...so yeah...haha....
project-pat

Postby flyguy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:01 pm

project-pat wrote:to be honest...I've lifted once since that class ended...so yeah...haha....

haha yea did u lift much before the class started?
flyguy

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:35 pm

flyguy wrote:
project-pat wrote:to be honest...I've lifted once since that class ended...so yeah...haha....

ahh probably not
project-pat

Postby flyguy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:49 am

project-pat wrote:
flyguy wrote:

ahh probably not

haha yea same thing happened to me i started and i could bench 95 before my wieght lifting class and could bench 150 after the class
flyguy

Postby cubsfan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:16 pm

sqeak63 wrote:

definently after football is over for me my bench usually drops 30-40 pounds from what i could do before the season started... (we do more endurence training during the season then muscle building) but then by the time basketball is over for me (i lift hard during basketball because i am not really good at it so yeah you get the point) my bench is usually up about 10 lbs over my max before the football season so there you go i put 40-50 lbs onto my max in 4 months

What good does it do you if you do not lift during the season? I think it is very good to maintain. During my freshman year my bench increased by 50 because I started lifting 5 days a week so it is possible.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:26 pm

cubsfan wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:

What good does it do you if you do not lift during the season? I think it is very good to maintain. During my freshman year my bench increased by 50 because I started lifting 5 days a week so it is possible.

i never said i dont lift during the football season... we lift every day except pre game and game days durning the football season but instead of lifting to build muscle like 3x 10's and such we do more circuit type of things to help out explosiveness and muscle endurence
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby PoleVault3508 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:58 pm

Hey guys thanks for answering my question about the field events. Although it was really interesting to see that some kid can bench 280 pounds (which isn't even all that impressive in the first place). I agree that benching will help you run faster as long as your doing other speed and conditoning training as well. But lets try to keep to the topics instead BHS kids ranking.
PoleVault3508

Postby old lineman » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:09 pm

What about the returning throwers in class b and A who are they and who is back and how far did they toss it last year
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brotha » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:52 pm

Stormtrooper wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:Look for kole seiler to do some damage in the 400 this year. he'll probably be in the top three at every race.

taylor brushine chalis williams tom kdrana and jake miller shoudl all do some damage along with dusher of course i look for sailer to maybe place in every 400

kole seiler is the strongest 400 runner in the state. i know he benched 280 pounds. anyone that beats him will probably get beat up after the race. idk, im pretty sure he beat all those guys but brushwein and doucherer. but enough of the 400, back to the field events!!

ha thats funny you say that hes the strongest in the state. theres always someone out there stronger aka someone from south.
brotha

Postby PoleVault3508 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:10 am

brotha wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Stormtrooper wrote:Look for kole seiler to do some damage in the 400 this year. he'll probably be in the top three at every race.

taylor brushine chalis williams tom kdrana and jake miller shoudl all do some damage along with dusher of course i look for sailer to maybe place in every 400

kole seiler is the strongest 400 runner in the state. i know he benched 280 pounds. anyone that beats him will probably get beat up after the race. idk, im pretty sure he beat all those guys but brushwein and doucherer. but enough of the 400, back to the field events!!

ha thats funny you say that hes the strongest in the state. theres always someone out there stronger aka someone from south.

Yeah your right I can think at least 5
PoleVault3508

Postby Franktv » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:29 pm

Dustin Maher from Bowman County will be tough this year. He is a strong competitor with great strength.
Franktv
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dowork » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:19 pm

On the girls side One word just about sums up throwing events-- GORDON.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfootballfan » Thu May 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Reed Hefta from Central McLean is a man to watch in Discus. He is currently number one in the state for class B with a throw of around 149' 3". He has been slowly devolping through his carrier and is now showing his true potential. He definately has the build and the strength to throw and is finally catching his groove in his form.
9manfootballfan
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Track and Field