Class B Track 08 Distance Runners

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class B Track 08 Distance Runners

Postby lisbonbball » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:00 pm

Who are going to be the best distance runners this year in track?
lisbonbball

Re: Class B Track 08 Distance Runners

Postby project-pat » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:11 pm

Patrick Wolf
project-pat

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Lindsay Anderson will win 4 events at state this year again. Probably the 1 and 2 mile, then either the 800, 4x400, or 4x800 relays depending on where the coaches decide to run her at the state meet to get points and defend their championship.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby flyguy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:28 pm

Yea patrick wolf will be very good some other guys to watch out for will be
-The Grinnell's also from New Town
-Devin Monson from Thompson
-Dylan Yoder from Rugby
flyguy

Postby baller24 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:31 pm

flyguy wrote:Yea patrick wolf will be very good some other guys to watch out for will be
-Dylan Yoder from Rugby

Dylan was a sleeper during xc this year.. does anybody know why he wasnt as good in years past?
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby MrFearing » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:21 pm

My money's on Wolf
MrFearing

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:31 pm

I heard of an Andrew Stoldorf kid from bowman....first year out...should be pretty interesting...like 94th at the state XC meet after being ran over by a car...anybody know about him? :lol: :mrgreen:
project-pat

Postby B_Baller » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:09 pm

From what I heard about last year was that Oliver Dauphinaise (might have mispelled the last name wrong) is a pretty good runner. I think he would be good to watch in Devils Lake for REgionals I think he took it by about ! min ahead of all the other runners. Can't wait to see
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyguy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:55 pm

baller24 wrote:
flyguy wrote:Yea patrick wolf will be very good some other guys to watch out for will be
-Dylan Yoder from Rugby

Dylan was a sleeper during xc this year.. does anybody know why he wasnt as good in years past?

He wasnt at his best this year in xc. He took second in 2006 and qualified in the mile the last couple years in track
flyguy

Postby 151 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:17 am

Sources tell me that Andrew Stoldorph has a really good chance at contending for the title this year. Thats pretty impressive if you can place in the top 100 after being hit by a car.

Postby flyguy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:44 am

151 wrote:Sources tell me that Andrew Stoldorph has a really good chance at contending for the title this year. Thats pretty impressive if you can place in the top 100 after being hit by a car.
Good comback story but state title?What are his times from last year?and what are some realistic goals?
flyguy

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:10 pm

flyguy wrote:
151 wrote:Sources tell me that Andrew Stoldorph has a really good chance at contending for the title this year. Thats pretty impressive if you can place in the top 100 after being hit by a car.
Good comback story but state title?What are his times from last year?and what are some realistic goals?

I'd say my goal is to finish the season haha, without switching back to golf...I really have no high expectations for track this year, except to prepare for summer miles and xc next season.... 8)
project-pat

Postby baller24 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:02 pm

im sorry and not to offend you andrew but a 19:53 is nothing to brag about.. yes i know HE did get HIS foot ran over but that is not too impressive

( bold is edited because of misunderstood post)
Last edited by baller24 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:06 pm

baller24 wrote:

im sorry and not to offend you andrew but a 19:53 is nothing to brag about.. yes i know you did get your foot ran over but that is not too impressive

hmm...you're not really offending me...because 1. that quote you had there was not me bragging...and 2. I know that I had a terrible season, I did my best with what I could do and I guess I have to live with it...It's hard to run every day in a summer, with high hopes, then having it ruined 4 days before the season starts...and then having to watch every one else on the team succeed when you know you worked 10 times harder then all of them. But yes, thank you for your input and I wasn't really bragging up my illustrious season anyway.
project-pat

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:19 pm

It's really not about past times anyway, it's about dedication and improving at a faster rate than the other guys. Good luck and good health to those participants.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:59 pm

I think flyguy gave us a pretty good list...but I think it's Wolf's to lose...
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:58 am

well baller24, let's see how well you can do with a foot that looks like this throughout the season, and see how high your morale is about it after a summer filled with people telling you how hard you've worked and how well you are going to do, and how well you can compete with the feeling that you are letting everybody down day after day...let's see that happen you then you can tell me how "impressive" my season was
project-pat

Postby flyguy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:54 am

who are the best 800 runners in class b?
flyguy

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:27 am

project-pat wrote:Image

well baller24, let's see how well you can do with a foot that looks like this throughout the season, and see how high your morale is about it after a summer filled with people telling you how hard you've worked and how well you are going to do, and how well you can compete with the feeling that you are letting everybody down day after day...let's see that happen you then you can tell me how "impressive" my season was

In my day we just rubbed a little dirt on it. :mrgreen:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller24 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:02 pm

project-pat wrote:
baller24 wrote:

im sorry and not to offend you andrew but a 19:53 is nothing to brag about.. yes i know you did get your foot ran over but that is not too impressive

hmm...you're not really offending me...because 1. that quote you had there was not me bragging...and 2. I know that I had a terrible season, I did my best with what I could do and I guess I have to live with it...It's hard to run every day in a summer, with high hopes, then having it ruined 4 days before the season starts...and then having to watch every one else on the team succeed when you know you worked 10 times harder then all of them. But yes, thank you for your input and I wasn't really bragging up my illustrious season anyway.

i am sorry, that wasn't how i wanted it to be interpreted as.. i didnt mean to sound like a jerk with hte comment and i know you werent bragging i wasn't referring the quote towards you it was more addressed to 151
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:13 pm

project-pat wrote:Image

Well the summer going into my freshman xc season i put in about 200-225 miles running a few miles 5-6 days a week and was sidelined because of an inflammed achilles tendon and wore a boot for a month, and then after that i ran for about 3 weeks and then had to sit another 2 weeks for bruised cartilage in my knee i which i had to wear an immobilizing stint on my knee which ended up going thourhg WDA and i had two weeks in which i wasnt able to run at state and would have been our 6 or 7 runner.. so yes i would know what it is like and how it isnt fun. 1 question for you though andrew, when did you start running again after you had your foot ran over?
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:22 pm

I had 381 miles after being hit...with 4 days left of running, so I easily coulda had 400 plus. I was on crutches for about a week and a half after being hit. I tried walking on it every day, which probably wasn't so good for it, but I really wanted to get back out there. I got off crutches way before I was supposed to, because of my stubborness haha. I started running again the week of the Bowman XC meet, which was in about the 2nd week of the season, because I really wanted to run in that one because bowman doesn't usually host a meet. My ankle was still pretty swollen on the day of that meet. I started running off and on throughout the season, rolled my ankle about once every 3-4 days because of the condition of the roads we ran on, lots of big rocks that made it quite easy to roll my ankle on because it wasn't so strong. I did pretty poor the first few meets, and ended up getting sick and missed a few meets for that, which really took a toll on my confidence. I was projected to be anywhere between our 2nd and 4th runner at the state meet, but ended up barely getting the 10th spot on the team going into state and finished 8th on the team.
project-pat

Postby Hinsa » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:50 pm

That's what you get for chasing cars, PP :wink:
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Other way around man, the car was chasing me haha....actually the kid was "turning"
project-pat

Postby flyguy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:15 pm

whos good 800 runners in class b?
flyguy

Next

Return to Track and Field