Nike Team Nationals Meet

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby xcrunner247 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:19 pm

[font=Times New Roman]Heartland Region Meet[/font]

[font=Times New Roman]The Nike heartland regional cross country meet is for more than just the championship teams.  On the web site they list races for open divisions, small schools, JV, freshman and championship.  They even have a community race before it all begins.  Sounds like a great time for runners.  Plus it gives you a race after the state meet and before foot locker.  The course sounds interesting.  Check it all out at [/font][font=Times New Roman]http://www.niketeamnationals.com[/font][font=Times New Roman] , hay bales and moguls??????[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]Individuals as well as teams are encouraged to attend.  Awards given for all divisions plus all registrants receive a gift from Nike.[/font]
xcrunner247
NDPreps Rookie

Postby opinionated » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:36 am

So true, but you are not getting into the big show without qualifying. It's kinda like a carnival you can drive into the parking lot and smell the mini doughnuts but you ain't tasting until you pay the price. The televised part is only for the elite, the best in the country, the cream of the crop. You can run a community race right in town, the honor, my friend, is in earning the trip!:D
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby xcrunner247 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Very true, the greatest accomplishment of all is earning the trip to the show.  Teams(30 of them) that have this as a goal will run in the championship race.  The top 2 get the automatic to the show in Portland and the next two are still alive for an at large bid.  I guess the point I was trying to make was that even if you are not one of the 30 teams in the championship race, that you can still compete in the meet.  I wasn't really refering to the community race.  I was more interested in the fact that they have divisions for all teams, not just the top 30 in the region. (Open, Small School, JV, Freshman)  Just as footlocker has divisions and only individuals from the top divisions can go to the show. It is still alot of fun for the runners who know they don't have a chance of making it but just want to race.
xcrunner247
NDPreps Rookie

Postby project-pat » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:01 pm

They had hay bales at the minot meet this weekend, and it was a bust. I sure hope they don't have them at state if i get the chance to run, they were just plain silly.
project-pat

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:18 am

project-pat wrote:They had hay bales at the minot meet this weekend, and it was a bust. I sure hope they don't have them at state if i get the chance to run, they were just plain silly.

I don't get it, but I am track retarded....what are the hay bales for??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby opinionated » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:29 am

They do nothing more than screw up your times, but they also alter the finish of the race. Look at the results and look at the shake-ups that took place. However, it is a European thing, and sometimes change is good. A course like that challenges those that may be better flat course runner and plays to the stronger kids.
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:11 am

Yeah, Cross Country was originated in Europe, which had all sorts of obstacles that you had to jump over or go around, so they are probably just trying to go back the sport's roots, or add a little bit to the "extreme" side of cross country:D
project-pat

Postby opinionated » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:48 pm

It looked like everyone enjoyed it, except the people who had heat exhaustion. They should run the Varsity races first or second and do those elementary meets last. Going all day with no food and not being able to drink lots of fluids is not good for these athletes.
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby xcrunner247 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:13 am

3 weeks left to get yourself or your team signed up for the region meet. Deadline for regular registration is October 29.
xcrunner247
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Track and Field