Freshman Laura Roesler 2:07.59

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ldrunner » Mon May 07, 2007 4:29 pm

Laura Roesler runs a 2:07.59 800m today in Fargo! Currently US #1 outdoor 800m!
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby minotfan » Mon May 07, 2007 4:40 pm

where do you go to find out the top performances in the nation
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 pm

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Division/Top.aspx?DivID=881

it shows there that the nation's best is 2:07.84....so she does have the best if nobody else beat her today in the nation
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:17 pm

GREAT JOB KEEP IT UP REPRESENT ND ATHLETES

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ldrunner » Mon May 07, 2007 5:18 pm

minotfan wrote:where do you go to find out the top performances in the nation

here's probably the best list:

http://www.dyestat.com/v5index.php?pg=rankings_dyestat_elite_all&l_query=t&l_season_id=7&gender=g&l_event_id=49
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 pm

By the looks of that site she is pretty high up there in the 400 too
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby minotfan » Mon May 07, 2007 5:33 pm

someone should tell the coach to put this on dyestat.com
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ldrunner » Mon May 07, 2007 6:02 pm

i guess her time is 2:07.83 after the FAT conversion according to the state qualifier page

Last edited by ldrunner on Mon May 07, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Mon May 07, 2007 6:14 pm

ldrunner wrote:i guess her time is 2:07.83 after the FAT conversion according to the state qualifier page

Sorry..Track idiot here.  What is a FAT conversion??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:19 pm

Baller wrote:
ldrunner wrote:i guess her time is 2:07.83 after the FAT conversion according to the state qualifier page

Sorry..Track idiot here.  What is a FAT conversion??

u add .24 to all hand held times

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Mon May 07, 2007 6:20 pm

Why??  What if the person timing was right on!!
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:22 pm

Baller wrote:Why??  What if the person timing was right on!!

exactly what i thought and think if they were slow kinda screwing people out of there times

you could run an 11.2 in the 100 the guy clocks it as an 11.3 and you end up with and 11.54 kinda stupid i think

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Mon May 07, 2007 6:24 pm

STUPID RULES....anyway wasn't the state record like 2:12 held by Amanda Dietrich...Laura is my HERO
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Mon May 07, 2007 6:29 pm

Simply amazing.
Last edited by EDC on Tue May 08, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon May 07, 2007 6:31 pm

if you look at her times this year...she is only a couple tenths off of state records in the 100, 200, and 400 also.  She is only a 9th grader!! Amazing!!  Her and her twin brother get up and run almost every morning at 5am.  Talk about hard work paying off.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsports99 » Mon May 07, 2007 7:28 pm

wow this girl is simply A-mazing..i hope she goes on to do many more amazing things..
ndsports99
NDPreps Rookie

Postby flatlander » Tue May 08, 2007 6:39 am

That is a fantastic time. The only kids who are in here league are much farther along in their season too.

According to the Forum, the ND state record is held by Beck Wells from Dickinson (2:07.03). Not sure where they got that because I'm not sure there are official state records. The fastest time run at the state meet was by Mandan's own Amanda Deitrich - and the state meet times seem to be considered the "official state records."

I did find a site that lists the top 10 times (unofficial).

http://www.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athletics/bhsboystrack/alltimelist/top10agirls.htm

Nice job by the person who put that together, btw!
flatlander
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue May 08, 2007 7:15 am

I noticed that the paper said that too...but the NDHSAA site has it as Amanda Deitrich.  I was also told by one of the track coaches that you can only break a state record at the State Meet.  That is dumb.  It is like saying you can only break the world record at the Olympics or else it doesn't count.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mailman_25 » Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 am

The requirement of state records only being set at the state meet is so outdated. Most facilities today are set up for FAT anyway.

As for Roesler, setting state records will be tough. Wells ran the 800-1600- 3200. Those events are spread apart somewhat.

Roesler runs the 100-200-400-800, which in the heat of late May, is a killer combination.
Last edited by Mailman_25 on Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Tue May 08, 2007 5:53 pm

i am surprised the howard wood track is not set up for FAT times and at for the record situation... there is 2 different types of records in ND there is STATE records which are the records of all the times/distances just during the state meet... there is also ND all time records and those are records ran in any meet in ND.... and also does anyone know if laura is done growing.... i dont wanna sound negetive but i hope she is done bcz then we know her times wont go down like what happends to some other girls
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Tue May 08, 2007 6:09 pm

sqeak63 wrote:i am surprised the howard wood track is not set up for FAT times and at for the record situation... there is 2 different types of records in ND there is STATE records which are the records of all the times/distances just during the state meet... there is also ND all time records and those are records ran in any meet in ND.... and also does anyone know if laura is done growing.... i dont wanna sound negetive but i hope she is done bcz then we know her times wont go down like what happends to some other girls

same with john welk let's say he grows 6 inches how much would that affect him because he is young and short so he could get taller nebody think that is a benefit or disadvantage

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Tue May 08, 2007 7:04 pm

I would think that she is pretty close to done growing....both of her parents are pretty small and her sister didn't grow much after her freshman year.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Wed May 09, 2007 10:04 am

cdub1 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:i am surprised the howard wood track is not set up for FAT times and at for the record situation... there is 2 different types of records in ND there is STATE records which are the records of all the times/distances just during the state meet... there is also ND all time records and those are records ran in any meet in ND.... and also does anyone know if laura is done growing.... i dont wanna sound negetive but i hope she is done bcz then we know her times wont go down like what happends to some other girls

same with john welk let's say he grows 6 inches how much would that affect him because he is young and short so he could get taller nebody think that is a benefit or disadvantage

for a guy it all depends on if you loose cordination and quickness when you grow or not... if you dont it helps you because your legs are longer and you can make longer strides... if you loose your cordination that it will be a disadvantage... for girls growing allmost allways slows them down because there hips get wider which puts more stress on the knees which ultimently makes you slower
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketball31 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:19 pm

wow...first in the nation...that must be in high school then?
basketball31

Postby rampage_11 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:56 pm

cdub1 wrote:

John is already taller than both his parents, and his brother isnt that tall either
rampage_11

Next

Return to Track and Field