Tracks - who has the best track facility in the state?

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Tracks - who has the best track facility in the state?

Postby squeak63 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:29 pm

hurdler37 wrote:you guys are right souths track blows for holding a state caliber meet but for region its alright, um the dome would just barely fit a 400meter track there only like 3 foot of extra room so it would be like the only indoor 400meter track meet which in my opion would be cool but also i do have season tickets for the bison games so i do know how much of the dome the field takes up oh and the dome is thinkin about adding on. seeing as no one is lookin for a indoor track that big it wont be thought of.

well i knew it would be cutting it really close at the dome... i would think the corners would probably be pretty tight to... also where would you throw discuss and javelin ?? someone would probably get killed? i just dont think it would work. unless it would have indoor rules and there is no disc or jav. i give props to the fargo dome by far the best football facility in the state... needs the grassy turf like the metradome though!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller24 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Lisbon has the BEST concessions in the state.. with all the parents with their grills making some hotdogs and burgers is the bomb!
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby janobilly20 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:01 pm

why is this even a topic. The Bismarck Community Bowl is the best track facility hands down. That's why state is held there every year.
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demon_fan14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:58 pm

janobilly20 wrote:why is this even a topic. The Bismarck Community Bowl is the best track facility hands down. That's why state is held there every year.

ah its the best view for the fans and has the biggest viewing area(thats why state is there) but Ive been to some other pretty nice tracks that could be mentioned here........Fargo was particularly nice.
demon_fan14

Postby janobilly20 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:14 am

demon_fan14 wrote:
janobilly20 wrote:why is this even a topic. The Bismarck Community Bowl is the best track facility hands down. That's why state is held there every year.

ah its the best view for the fans and has the biggest viewing area(thats why state is there) but Ive been to some other pretty nice tracks that could be mentioned here........Fargo was particularly nice.

yes but bismarck has the best
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby TheSwartz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:00 am

Grand Forks has the best track in the state, all others aren't even close.
TheSwartz

Postby track guy » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 pm

o my. i have ran at the grandforks track and it is not the best in the state. There is a rail line for trains going through just outside the field.
track guy

Postby janobilly20 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:50 pm

TheSwartz wrote:Grand Forks has the best track in the state, all others aren't even close.

get this quote deleted
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 pm

janobilly20 wrote:
TheSwartz wrote:Grand Forks has the best track in the state, all others aren't even close.

get this quote deleted

People are entitled to their own opinions, that is his opinion and you should take it for what it is worth.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby riders » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:35 am

UMary indoor-very fast track
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mc696 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:57 pm

GF track is barely runnable at the moment the city resurvaced last year to avoid serious problems with the HS track, and the new surface was a bad shortcut they probably wont be able to use even this spring fully. The college track in Memorial is not a lot better right now the stands are not kept up and have some safety issues on one side, thus you dont see UND untilizing the track for much more than practice.

Waph has a decent track and phycility but older track not on par with faster survaces in state.

Fargo south has a fine track to run on but seating and anything beyond that wont lend itself to anything bigger than EDC and local meets. NDSU new track is by far the best phycility in area concordia track is nice but surface is reaching 20 years or close to that.

Sounds like Valley City has same issues or type of issues GF has.

Carrington seems to have a very nice place only been to one meet there was impressed, nice for weekend meets.

Minot track is in good shape but the city itself is not the greatest for a big event.

Bismarck is by far the best place for State not only the track itself but the area and city are much better able to handle the a and b at same time with the number of teams and fans it draws.
mc696

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:44 am

valley citys track is bad...there are cracks that were "fixed" by putting tar over them..very sticky in some spots..but runnable i guess
ndsportsfan24

Postby BrewerFan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:28 pm

Langdon is building a new track this summer.
BrewerFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoAus8 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:38 pm

Ya Valley City isn't hosting any meets this year because of the track conditions, they are trying to get a grant to fix the track but have been denied the last couple of years
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:03 am

GoAus8 wrote:Ya Valley City isn't hosting any meets this year because of the track conditions, they are trying to get a grant to fix the track but have been denied the last couple of years

I'm surprised then that they are hosting the 2008 ND State Hershey Track Meet. It is on June 28th. The track can't be that bad if they are allowing them to host that. Right??
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:09 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
GoAus8 wrote:Ya Valley City isn't hosting any meets this year because of the track conditions, they are trying to get a grant to fix the track but have been denied the last couple of years

I'm surprised then that they are hosting the 2008 ND State Hershey Track Meet. It is on June 28th. The track can't be that bad if they are allowing them to host that. Right??

Scratch that. State Hershey got moved back to Devils Lake because of Valley City's poor track conditions.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Track and Field