Tracks - who has the best track facility in the state?

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby soccer09 » Sun May 27, 2007 12:13 pm

right around the 250 mark on the inside lane at fargo south there are some places where theres a change in the feel of the track incredibly annoying especially in distance races because these "bubbles" just absorb all ur propulsion....only downside to South
Last edited by soccer09 on Sun May 27, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby opinionated » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:10 pm

There is NO BETTER place than the community bowl in Bismarck, Central location, great seating, great concessions, tons of parking, tons of seating, great video board, great sound system, lots of space for tents, lots of bathroms, beautiful river views,

Bismarck has lots of hotel rooms, restaurants, best shopping in the state after Fargo, friendly people, great volunteers(and it takes a lot of them). Bismarck should also be considered to host the Prairie Rose Games indefinatley.

Lots of facilities have been mentioned but they all have buts........ and only ifs......

I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:51 pm

opinionated wrote:There is NO BETTER place than the community bowl in Bismarck, Central location, great seating, great concessions, tons of parking, tons of seating, great video board, great sound system, lots of space for tents, lots of bathroms, beautiful river views,

Bismarck has lots of hotel rooms, restaurants, best shopping in the state after Fargo, friendly people, great volunteers(and it takes a lot of them). Bismarck should also be considered to host the Prairie Rose Games indefinatley.

Lots of facilities have been mentioned but they all have buts........ and only ifs......

i like minot's track better from the perspective of an athlete and running on it just my personal preference

any other thing has to be bismarck's the concessions alone make it the best track for a spectator

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bisonslayer » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:24 pm

bismarcks best by far..one nice reason  i liked when i ran there was staying in the dorms which are right at the top of the hill..nice walk especially when it rained alot one year. When I ran at UND 2 years ago at state. track was starting to get pretty worn down.

Bismarcks track is quite fast..because of the rubber hard surface. Alot of tracks you sink in too much..Dressler ran a 10.4 state record on that track...thats um quite fast..

The 9 lanes also give a chance for an extra kid to make the finals. The way it looks is state track will be in bismarck for a long time.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:22 am

opinionated wrote:There is NO BETTER place than the community bowl in Bismarck, Central location, great seating, great concessions, tons of parking, tons of seating, great video board, great sound system, lots of space for tents, lots of bathroms, beautiful river views,

Bismarck has lots of hotel rooms, restaurants, best shopping in the state after Fargo, friendly people, great volunteers(and it takes a lot of them). Bismarck should also be considered to host the Prairie Rose Games indefinitely.

I agree about Bismarck hosting the Prairie Rose State Games indefinitely. I live near Fargo, but would rather drive to Bismarck for the games because they do a way better job and people there actually know the games are going on and it's a big deal for the city. Fargo apparently has too much other stuff going on to care. The track part of the games was disorganized and disappointing this year.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:20 am

ClassBEast wrote:

Bismarck has lots of hotel rooms, restaurants, best shopping in the state after Fargo, friendly people, great volunteers(and it takes a lot of them). Bismarck should also be considered to host the Prairie Rose Games indefinitely.

I agree about Bismarck hosting the Prairie Rose State Games indefinitely. I live near Fargo, but would rather drive to Bismarck for the games because they do a way better job and people there actually know the games are going on and it's a big deal for the city. Fargo apparently has too much other stuff going on to care. The track part of the games was disorganized and disappointing this year.

i think that could be said about anything in fargo that isnt bison football, not just the prairie rose games. looking at the sunday forum's sports page for example...the state class a legion tournament that fargo was hosting was on page 7 (if i remember right). on the cover, stories about how ndsu put together some comercials for the football team. i don't remember if they had anything about the b legion tournament.
Last edited by rep on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby bisonslayer » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:27 pm

rep wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:

i think that could be said about anything in fargo that isnt bison football, not just the prairie rose games. looking at the sunday forum's sports page for example...the state class a legion tournament that fargo was hosting was on page 7 (if i remember right). on the cover, stories about how ndsu put together some comercials for the football team. i don't remember if they had anything about the b legion tournament.

Yeah it was the same when bonds tied the record for homers. Bonds was lucky enough to make like page 7. They had big article on the bison taking up the whole cover page.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby opinionated » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:25 pm

Bismarck appreciates all the events they get, everyone knows they do a good just. Fargo has turned too Minnesotish. Nthing is important to them but West Acres and the Bison. I would like to pick-up there sports page and not read all AP stories, there is a lot going on their and you can find none of it in the paper.

Bismarck offers all the good things with the class B flavor and that is the appeal. It is why everyone wants to come here for sporting events. Nice, classy town with the best coaches in the state and the hardest working volunteers when it comes to sports. The taxes are out of control but the facilities are top notch.
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:37 pm

i do kind of wish bismarck had a better ticket area for the basketball tournament. especially on that opening day, it is wall-to-wall people when you walk in.

also, i wish they had more seats for media. especially at night games there is kind of a scramble for seats.

i don't know how they would do it differently though. in minot they have reporters row courtside across from the benches where in bismarck rr is behind the benches. newspapers are in one corner, which isn't great for seeing, but you can get out easily enough after games (which is the reasoning behind putting them in corner i'm guessing).

can't compare it to the dome in fargo...haven't been to a state basketball tourney there.
rep

Postby the mask » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:05 pm

concordia up in fargo is the best class b one i have to say i have ran on it the last three years and all my times have been faster their even on a cold day
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigballer71 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Did Carrington build a new one a few years back. whats that like?
bigballer71

Re:

Postby cutter90 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:01 pm

bigballer71 wrote:Did Carrington build a new one a few years back. whats that like?

its a pretty good facility the only downfall is that the throwers are quite a ways away
cutter90
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:43 am

opinionated wrote:There is NO BETTER place than the community bowl in Bismarck, Central location, great seating, [color=#BF0040]great concessions, tons of parking, tons of seating, great video board, great sound system, lots of space for tents, lots of bathroms, beautiful river views, [/color]

Great facility. I have been to state track meets there. A couple of problems. Concession lines. There are times it could take up to 20 -25 minutes to get food. No shade. When it is hot and sunny it is very hot. Let some trees grow and add concession space. Very doable.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Tracks - who has the best track facility in the state?

Postby flyguy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:02 am

bismarck always has wind great facility bad location
flyguy

Postby opinionated » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:31 am

The lines are long, cuz the food is good
We absolutley need trees, to cut down on wind and sun
throw in a complete sprinkler system and we have our winner.
I LOVE THE EIGHTIES!
opinionated
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stormtrooper » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Kole seiler does
Stormtrooper

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:44 pm

i like bismarcks..isnt state in gf this year? and idk about fessenden..havent ran there since junior high..thought it was cement. I dont like carringtons much. the track was too..idk squishy..haha. and it was cold when i ran there--nothin to do with the track but that might be why i didnt like it. my favorite is vc..but i hope they resurface it this year cuz it was cracking..and jamestowns is very nice..havent been to any class a tracks really.
ndsportsfan24

Postby track guy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:17 pm

Nope, state is in Bismarck this year.
track guy

Postby squeak63 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:30 am

ndsportsfan24 wrote:i like bismarcks..isnt state in gf this year? and idk about fessenden..havent ran there since junior high..thought it was cement. I dont like carringtons much. the track was too..idk squishy..haha. and it was cold when i ran there--nothin to do with the track but that might be why i didnt like it. my favorite is vc..but i hope they resurface it this year cuz it was cracking..and jamestowns is very nice..havent been to any class a tracks really.

jamestown's track may be nice but there facility is horrible... the throwing events are about a half mile away from the actual track! the only think i liked about jamestown's tack facility is the discuss area is pretty much down hill after 140 ft which makes normal qualifying throws look like bombs!
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby hurdler37 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:42 pm

well here again i could agree with everyone but bismarks track is nice, carringtons track is great for hurdles but because its so new the sprinters get screwed on it and well devils lakes track is hard as heck but its seems fairly fast not cool if you take a dive and of corse if your ever in valley city in not good because of disrepair due to the fact that the college doesn't have a track program and the high school doesn't cover it so it's open to the elements year round and the track meets there struggle for wheather
hurdler37

Postby janobilly20 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:11 pm

the Bismarck community bowl hands down
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hurdler37 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:40 pm

ok if fargo cant handle anything for state lets think about this everyone hates to go to the bismarck civic and also the dome can handle well over 30 wrestling mats and does for the freestyle nationals so think about that one cause the dome does a dang good job for wrestling and i'd love to see a 400meter track in there just for fun
hurdler37

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:11 am

hurdler37 wrote:ok if fargo cant handle anything for state lets think about this everyone hates to go to the bismarck civic and also the dome can handle well over 30 wrestling mats and does for the freestyle nationals so think about that one cause the dome does a dang good job for wrestling and i'd love to see a 400meter track in there just for fun

for one that would take away the integrity of the state meet because thats just a part of track the the weather can play a role...also i am not sure a 400 meter track would fit in the dome... i not not 100% sure on that but i know that usually 400 meter tracks go around 100 yard football fields and when the feild is in at the dome it takes up pretty much all of the floor space
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby PoleVault3508 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Im going to have to say that Fargo Souths Track is pretty fast, and not so terrible to hold a meet on, could never hold a state meet. But it beats most other class a tracks. Alot better than anything GF has and the same for Minot, although i heard they just resurfaced it.
PoleVault3508

Postby hurdler37 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 pm

you guys are right souths track blows for holding a state caliber meet but for region its alright, um the dome would just barely fit a 400meter track there only like 3 foot of extra room so it would be like the only indoor 400meter track meet which in my opion would be cool but also i do have season tickets for the bison games so i do know how much of the dome the field takes up oh and the dome is thinkin about adding on. seeing as no one is lookin for a indoor track that big it wont be thought of.
hurdler37

PreviousNext

Return to Track and Field