Tracks - who has the best track facility in the state?

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ClassBEast » Tue May 01, 2007 5:56 am

Where is everyone's favorite place to run? Who has the nicest track facility? And what makes a track "fast?"
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby carolina blue » Tue May 01, 2007 12:14 pm

ClassBEast wrote:Where is everyone's favorite place to run? Who has the nicest track facility?

Bismarck and Bismarck
What's Walmart, do they sell like wall stuff? - Paris Hilton
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby just a bb fan » Tue May 01, 2007 12:39 pm

That's too easy.  BISMARCK!
just a bb fan

Postby ClassBEast » Tue May 01, 2007 1:09 pm

just a bb fan wrote:That's too easy.  BISMARCK!

OK, let's try a Class B track then.

Also, is Bismarck's track considered "fast?" Why?
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby feeshattack » Tue May 01, 2007 2:29 pm

Beach just built a new track and it pertty nice... the only downfall of it is that it is in the middle of no where and has no wind support at all
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby carolina blue » Tue May 01, 2007 3:55 pm

ClassBEast wrote:
just a bb fan wrote:That's too easy.  BISMARCK!

hazen has a nice facility and so does bowman. but seating isnt the best for parents who want to watch their children long or triple jump or pole vault.

bismarck's track is also used for college so it has a college surface. its a smoother surface compared to a high school track. and also its easier to dig your spikes into the ground on a college track
Last edited by carolina blue on Tue May 01, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby ldrunner » Tue May 01, 2007 5:30 pm

carolina blue wrote:[quote="ClassBEast[/user] wrote: [/b]
[b][user=2858]just a bb fan"]That's too easy.  BISMARCK!

[/quote]

hazen has a nice facility and so does bowman. but seating isnt the best for parents who want to watch their children long or triple jump or pole vault.

bismarck's track is also used for college so it has a college surface. its a smoother surface compared to a high school track. and also its easier to dig your spikes into the ground on a college track
Ok, I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a "college surface" and a "high school" surface. The surface at the bowl in bismarck is very thin though, which could make it faster. I'm pretty sure the Fargo South track is made of a mondo surface, which is the fastest in the world. Look for the times at the classic to be fast.
Last edited by ldrunner on Tue May 01, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby carolina blue » Tue May 01, 2007 6:59 pm

ldrunner wrote:
carolina blue wrote:[quote="ClassBEast[/user] wrote: [/b]
[b][user=2858]just a bb fan"]That's too easy.  BISMARCK!

Ok, I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a "college surface" and a "high school" surface. The surface at the bowl in bismarck is very thin though, which could make it faster. I'm pretty sure the Fargo South track is made of a mondo surface, which is the fastest in the world. Look for the times at the classic to be fast.

[/quote]
well i'm just gonna base it on the fact that every high school track i have ran on is all the same except bismarck. all the college tracks that i have run on are very similar to bismarck. i'm probably wrong but its just something that i have noticed
Last edited by carolina blue on Tue May 01, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Wed May 02, 2007 6:25 am

UND had a nice track a "few" years ago when I ran and the state meet was held there every year. Is it still a nice track or why don't they host state anymore?

Oak Grove hosts their meets at Concordia in Moorhead -- also a nice track.

Casselton resurfaced their track last year and put a grandstand in, so it's becoming a nice place to hold a track meet as well.

NDSU's track facility leaves a lot to be desired. I wonder if they will ever upgrade?

ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rkmt » Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 am

ClassBEast wrote:UND had a nice track a "few" years ago when I ran and the state meet was held there every year. Is it still a nice track or why don't they host state anymore?

Casselton resurfaced their track last year and put a grandstand in, so it's becoming a nice place to hold a track meet as well.

NDSU's track facility leaves a lot to be desired. I wonder if they will ever upgrade?

I agree about NDSU's overall facility.  But the track itself, I know of kids who love to run on that track.  It's real circular  - a "no-corners" feel for full-lap races.  I've seen some very nice times run there.  But in Fargo-Moorhead, everyone will go to Fargo South for the big EDC meets, and also Concordia hosts a lot of meets, it's a good facility.  
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Wed May 02, 2007 8:37 am

ClassBEast wrote:UND had a nice track a "few" years ago when I ran and the state meet was held there every year. Is it still a nice track or why don't they host state anymore?

i think the big huff over moving state to bismarck was that the bowl was nicer and grand forks wasn't putting any money into their track to fix it up at all. also, if it is considered that the tracks are of equal quality, the switch might have just been for a central location. can't remember off hand if state track is scheduled to be moved out of bismarck in the near future.
rep

Postby carolina blue » Wed May 02, 2007 9:04 am

i think they moved it to bismarck because it is more centralized. they should just keep it in bismarck permanently.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd-ball41 » Wed May 02, 2007 10:37 am

The track in Grand Forks was really nice to run on...and also the track at Concordia is a pretty fast track & facility.
nd-ball41

Postby squeak63 » Wed May 02, 2007 2:49 pm

i heard the reason they were moving it to bismarck is because grand forks was going to make major upgrades to there track facility making it unable to host a huge meet like state... and also the centralized position is way better at the bowl.... being that they have a discuss ring that will accomodate every single wind is nice to
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby RB/LB 34 » Wed May 02, 2007 2:54 pm

I think Rugby's track is pretty nice. The field event areas are average, but I really like their track. It's kind of spongy and feels better to run on, at least for me.
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby carolina blue » Wed May 02, 2007 4:19 pm

nd-ball41 wrote:The track in Grand Forks was really nice to run on...and also the track at Concordia is a pretty fast track & facility.

i agree. i enjoyed running in grand forks. too bad it was coldy and rainy the only time i was able to run on it.
carolina blue
NDPreps Starter

Postby J-Rod34 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:37 pm

Bismarck is the nicest one in the state because of the facilities. It is a hard track which equals fast times. Other good ones are Devils Lake, UND, NDSU, Kildeer-very fast.
J-Rod34

Postby cdub1 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:51 pm

J-Rod34 wrote:Bismarck is the nicest one in the state because of the facilities. It is a hard track which equals fast times. Other good ones are Devils Lake, UND, NDSU, Kildeer-very fast.

i like minot's track

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby RB/LB 34 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:23 pm

J-Rod34 wrote:Bismarck is the nicest one in the state because of the facilities. It is a hard track which equals fast times. Other good ones are Devils Lake, UND, NDSU, Kildeer-very fast.

Killdeer is having their track redone this year. I really didnt like their track, but i have to admit, it was pretty fast. Hopefully the resurfacing will make it better but still keep it fast :)
RB/LB 34
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Fri May 04, 2007 9:35 pm

carolina blue wrote:hazen has a nice facility and so does bowman. but seating isnt the best for parents who want to watch their children long or triple jump or pole vault.

CHEA..reppin BOW tizzy TOWN haha, bowman does have a nice facility now with the new bleachers and their track is pretty nice too, and the grounds crew for the football field is outstanding.
project-pat

Postby just a bb fan » Tue May 08, 2007 10:36 am

What is your definition of a "few"?  I have never talked to one person who likes the state meet in grand forks.  the facility is terrible.  a two-stall bathroom, seating that you can't see the two outside lanes, and the weather not cool.  even grand forks people hate having state there.
just a bb fan

Postby flyguy » Mon May 14, 2007 5:48 am

Bismarck is the nicest facility. But not the fastest. There is always a wind up at the bowl. Mandan has a fast track to run at not good for field events. Fargo South has a good one. Fast and good for track. Dickinson's has alot of crack in the track surface.
flyguy

Postby basketball31 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:17 pm

I haven't been to that many tracks but the nicest of seen is in Fessenden...I've heard a couple coaches comment on how much they like it.
basketball31

Postby the mask » Sun May 20, 2007 4:12 pm

well for me as a runner and a jumper personally i like to run on concorida of fargo that track is the best one i have jumped on yet and im going to the state meet this year in triple jump and the 4x100 meter relay and i will tell you what one i like better bismarck or concordia
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2424 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:25 pm

everyone have talked to really likes the ndsu outdoor field....
"when in Rome"
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Track and Field