Weather and Track

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby always a sports season » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:34 am

Is there anyone able to have track meets outdoors or is it only the SE that is stuck with snowy weather?
always a sports season

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:09 am

in the SW every single outdoor meet has been cancelled/postponed. i think that goes with the rest of the state...
ndsubisonfan

Postby ldrunner » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:02 pm

Yeah, all of the meets in the central part of the state have been cancelled too. Hopefully it's nice enough to run the Karlgard meet in Bismarck on this Saturday! I need to race soon!
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:01 pm

I think next week is supposed to be fine. I heard 60+ for temp. That is about the perfect temp and then all it needs is a little breeze or just no wind at all. Im drooling just thinkin about it :drool:
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:18 am

FYI - track meet scheduled for tomorrow in Hazen and Lisbon
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby YOUNGWONDER911 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:48 am

how is the meet in bismarck on sat. looking? considering the studs are goin to rapid.
YOUNGWONDER911

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:49 am

Are you talking about the Denton relays next weekend?
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby iceman3 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:55 am

[font=georgia]i think he is talking about the dude karlgaard meet, only wda teams are allowed in it. so far i believe it is.[/font]
iceman3

Postby ldrunner » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:27 pm

YOUNGWONDER911 wrote:how is the meet in bismarck on sat. looking? considering the studs are goin to rapid.

It looks like the Sat. Bismarck meet is on; forecasts have varied from 60-65 degrees and little wind...finally an outdoor meet!:banana:

And who's going to Rapid?
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SportsAreLife » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:54 pm

grizz wrote:FYI - track meet scheduled for tomorrow in Hazen and Lisbon

I'm so happy that we finally have a track meet. I'm sick of running all these weeks with no track meets. Praise Jesus!
SportsAreLife

Postby nd-ball41 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Can't wait for this track meet tmrw in bismarck!! hopefully some good weather will accompany it.
nd-ball41

Re: Weather and Track

Postby hurdler37 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:23 pm

the EDC has been hit hard for weather im kinda wondering if the WDA has had the same if so we should almost be on a level playing field
hurdler37

Postby squeak63 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:55 pm

hurdler37 wrote:the EDC has been hit hard for weather im kinda wondering if the WDA has had the same if so we should almost be on a level playing field

yes we have... cold windy and then the one day thats its actually warm out it rains
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby 14>35 » Sat May 10, 2008 11:39 am

minot classic was cancelled yesterday. it was maybe 40 degrees, rain, wind. just a mess
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby track guy » Sat May 10, 2008 2:37 pm

I don't think the minot classic should have been cancled. I was up there and sure it was cold and wet, but when WDA and state rolls around they wont be postponing those meets due to rain and wind. We should have ran in it.
track guy

Postby 14>35 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:14 am

i agree. at this point in the season i think you run a meet in that situation. there aren't too many left until regionals and state
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby squeak63 » Sun May 11, 2008 2:35 pm

agree to disagree but i think the only good thing thats gonna come out of that meet if it is ran is someone is going to get hurt...personally i wouldn't have felt safe going out and sprinting on that track on saturday... and why rist it for a meet that doesn't even matter... yes it may be like that during wda and state but at least those 2 meets mean something
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby janobilly20 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:18 pm

track guy wrote:I don't think the minot classic should have been cancled. I was up there and sure it was cold and wet, but when WDA and state rolls around they wont be postponing those meets due to rain and wind. We should have ran in it.

yes track guy,
it would prepare runners for WDA and state if it is the same weather, but i would say RUNNING at those meets would be way better. Everyone probly would've gotten sick with pneumonia or something, or pulled/torn a muscle which would've resulted in not running at the biggest meets of the year. i believe not running was the way to go because now i can run at WDA and state
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Track and Field