State A Indoor

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:21 am

So 6 west teams did not show up.....First of all, the meet was scheduled to start at 1:00 and the west teams requested it be moved back so that they didn't miss so much school.  Fine!  But then RAIN is what prevents you from getting here.  At least mandan has enough gall to show.  I think that is pretty weak by the west!!

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/161317
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:15 am

Dickinson got 12 inches of snow, roads were closed in the SW corner and the radio was forecasting rain turning to freezing rain.  Radio also stated that there was a high potential for power lines to break and fall.

I have been told the meet was originally scheduled at the same start time and then was moved up and then back again.  School time has nothing to do with it as the only west team that would have been able to go to any school was Jamestown.  I would guess that leaving from Dickinson/Williston and Minot at 5-6 am would be a factor. I doubt Bismarck, Mandan kids would have or did attend any more than a single class.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Carl08 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:53 am

No West Teams = No competition for South:dude:
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:Dickinson got 12 inches of snow, roads were closed in the SW corner and the radio was forecasting rain turning to freezing rain.  Radio also stated that there was a high potential for power lines to break and fall.

I have been told the meet was originally scheduled at the same start time and then was moved up and then back again.  School time has nothing to do with it as the only west team that would have been able to go to any school was Jamestown.  I would guess that leaving from Dickinson/Williston and Minot at 5-6 am would be a factor. I doubt Bismarck, Mandan kids would have or did attend any more than a single class.
OKAY...did not know about snow...that gives excuses to Dickinson and Williston.  Where were the Bismarck teams and don't give some lame excuse because Mandan was there.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:06 pm

I have been told mandan's AD was out of the office.  I would guess that is why he didn't stop Mandan.  Also the facility at Mary was available so the Bismarck schools may have just had a dual (triangular if St.Mary's went) versus taking a chance on the weather.  Also heard Minot made it to Carrington and turned around. 

I don't think there is much real emphasis put on the indoor season even if it is called the State Indoor.  Also think that had it been held in Bismarck or Minot not many east teams would have made the trip.

Are there any full results available?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon201 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:45 pm

The state indoor is a meaningless tuneup to the outdoor season that's only in place because the weather in March is so unpredictable that it would give the teams several weeks of practice without a meet. 

The boys meet would have been another breeze-to-a-win by Bismarck if they'd been there.  The roads were too risky to chance sending a bus of kids to a meet that doesn't matter.  I imagine if Mandan's AD (a smart guy, by the way) would have given it some serious thought.  Kudos to the other west teams for being safe, and to Mandan for getting there to represent the west, even a little bit.

Here's to the official start of the REAL track season - wind, rain, and SPF 45.

demon201
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Carl08 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:25 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:I have been told mandan's AD was out of the office.  I would guess that is why he didn't stop Mandan.  Also the facility at Mary was available so the Bismarck schools may have just had a dual (triangular if St.Mary's went) versus taking a chance on the weather.  Also heard Minot made it to Carrington and turned around. 

I don't think there is much real emphasis put on the indoor season even if it is called the State Indoor.  Also think that had it been held in Bismarck or Minot not many east teams would have made the trip.

Are there any full results available?

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=161316
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Return to Track and Field