Top Pole Vaulters, Shot Puters, Discus Throwers, And Javlin

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Orr4 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:01 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:
minotfan wrote:mitch haugeberg from minot is the best shot putter

Still thinking that? Brent Qvale is a beast

that was said before the season started.... who knew that a guy that big and strong would not improve.... sounds to me like someone needs to learn how to spin
There was no question that Brent would win. Look at him....he's huge and by the time he is a senior he is gonna set a new record.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby squeak63 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:22 pm

Orr4 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

that was said before the season started.... who knew that a guy that big and strong would not improve.... sounds to me like someone needs to learn how to spin
There was no question that Brent would win. Look at him....he's huge and by the time he is a senior he is gonna set a new record.

i am sorry he is huge but there is no way he will break the shot record in shot... especially if he doesn't learn how to spin....he might get to 60 ft... but the shot record is 67 ft... 13 ft farther then he threw this year
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby sports101 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:01 pm

sqeak63 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

i am sorry he is huge but there is no way he will break the shot record in shot... especially if he doesn't learn how to spin....he might get to 60 ft... but the shot record is 67 ft... 13 ft farther then he threw this year

the record is 64'7'' but yea i think he will get to 60 feet and may have a shot to break the record
sports101

Postby squeak63 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:51 pm

sports101 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
Orr4 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

the record is 64'7'' but yea i think he will get to 60 feet and may have a shot to break the record

thats the state meet record not the best throw ever in the state of nd.... the best in nd ever is 67'11"... check out this website for conformation

http://www.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athletics/bhsboystrack/misc/boysrecords.html
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gtowngamers » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:35 am

If Qvale is gonna keep moving up hes gonna have to hit the weights... and his form will have to improve, on his best throw he got his foot under him good but other than that he was kinda throwing from the bucket. Same with Haugeberg... that kid is a beast, if he figures out how to get his leg into it he might give Qvale a run for his money.
Offense wins games, defense wins championships...
Gtowngamers
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:27 am

Brent Qvale is a beast. I think by the time he is a Senior he will break the record. He's only a junior this year and he can improve a lot in a year.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan1989 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:07 am

Gtowngamers wrote:If Qvale is gonna keep moving up hes gonna have to hit the weights... and his form will have to improve, on his best throw he got his foot under him good but other than that he was kinda throwing from the bucket. Same with Haugeberg... that kid is a beast, if he figures out how to get his leg into it he might give Qvale a run for his money.

What do you mean hit the weights? The kid already benches like 380? If he wants to break the record he'll need to work on his technique
sportsfan1989

Postby cdub1 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:39 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
Gtowngamers wrote:If Qvale is gonna keep moving up hes gonna have to hit the weights... and his form will have to improve, on his best throw he got his foot under him good but other than that he was kinda throwing from the bucket. Same with Haugeberg... that kid is a beast, if he figures out how to get his leg into it he might give Qvale a run for his money.

What do you mean hit the weights? The kid already benches like 380? If he wants to break the record he'll need to work on his technique

oh my god so strong..... tell me when he gets to 450 i was actually wondering what he could bench

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsfan1989 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:34 pm

cdub1 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

oh my god so strong..... tell me when he gets to 450 i was actually wondering what he could bench

Oh my god you don't have to bench 450 to be a great shot putter..I think if he works on his technique he'll be on his way..
sportsfan1989

Postby cdub1 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:18 pm

sportsfan1989 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
sportsfan1989 wrote:

Oh my god you don't have to bench 450 to be a great shot putter..I think if he works on his technique he'll be on his way..

i wasnt being sarcastic i was being serious   does anyone know what he maxes out at probably around 400 pounds i think its impressive

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:51 pm

haha any way you put it the kid is a beast not matter what... personal opinion is that the shot put record will never be broken and if it ever it its gonna be a guy qvale or haugeberg's size that can spin perfectly...and i dont see that happening with either or them... if they could get the spin down tho man oh man that would be amazing to watch
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Re: Top Pole Vaulters, Shot Puters, Discus Throwers, And Javlin

Postby B_Baller » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:59 am

Ummm.. Mark Whack from Maddock.....did he graduate this year???
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby track guy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:37 pm

Mike Hurkes will win state in the disc.
track guy

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:51 pm

track guy wrote:Mike Hurkes will win state in the disc.

highly doubtful... someones gonna step up and be 10 ft. above everyone else... its gonna be easy to do this year because to be 10 ft above everyone else your only gonna have to throw it about 160
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby champs0607 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Kelsey Thompson, cavalier, amazing javlin thrower. went down to austrailia and dominated her age group. she's a junior this year
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby longhornfan8 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:31 pm

Seth Wistoff is a dude, he is going to probably take the Shot and for sure Disc, and knowing the kid, he will probably take the Jav for all we know
longhornfan8

Postby squeak63 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:01 am

longhornfan8 wrote:Seth Wistoff is a dude, he is going to probably take the Shot and for sure Disc, and knowing the kid, he will probably take the Jav for all we know

he must be class B because qvale and haugeberg are in a league of there own in A
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby champ24 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:33 am

FYI, Wisthoff threw further than both Qvale and Haugeberg at the state meet last year. He also threw further than Tuck, the Class A champion in the discus. So before you make a judgement statement, check your facts. Ive seen them all throw and trust me when I say that Wisthoff is in "their league"
champ24

Postby squeak63 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

champ24 wrote:FYI, Wisthoff threw further than both Qvale and Haugeberg at the state meet last year. He also threw further than Tuck, the Class A champion in the discus. So before you make a judgement statement, check your facts. Ive seen them all throw and trust me when I say that Wisthoff is in "their league"

i wasn't saying hes not as good as them i was saying at the state A meet last year they were in there own league so i find it hard to believe that someone new from class A would be able to come and and overthrow them... thats why i asked if he was class B... i was never saying he cant throw as far as the class A people
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby PoleVault3508 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:40 am

Just to let all you guys know Paul Hoplin Graduated last year and is now throwing at the U of M where he is their best Jav thrower and they are teaching him to throw the hammer and weight for indoors. And Amanda Mohes graduated last year and is now throwing at NDSU. Also class A and B Pole Vault as a whole is a Joke this except for a few stand outs
PoleVault3508

Postby squeak63 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:43 pm

squeak63 wrote:
longhornfan8 wrote:Seth Wistoff is a dude, he is going to probably take the Shot and for sure Disc, and knowing the kid, he will probably take the Jav for all we know

he must be class B because qvale and haugeberg are in a league of there own in A

i will update my post there and say that the are no longer in a league or there own...Tyler Fleckinstein had some bombs yesterday he ended up getting 54ft. but he scratched one that hit the base of the mats which were at about 56... keep in mind this was an indoor meet
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:52 pm

T. fleckstein has great explosion and tech.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby JDK23 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:04 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
iceman3 wrote:[font=georgia]for class b polevault it is going to be pretty open. with only 3 returning qualifiers. i think jacob leer of rugby will win it this year not going over 13-6. so i think if you qualify you place high.[/font]

I agree. There is going to be a lot of new faces in it. Can't wait to see what height wins it.

Jacoby graduated
JDK23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thepistol » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:42 pm

squeak63 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

i will update my post there and say that the are no longer in a league or there own...Tyler Fleckinstein had some bombs yesterday he ended up getting 54ft. but he scratched one that hit the base of the mats which were at about 56... keep in mind this was an indoor meet

first track practice seth wisthoff threw something like 56.5 indoor first throw. i hear he wants the record. thats pretty ambitious
"Facial"
thepistol
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:33 pm

thepistol wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:

first track practice seth wisthoff threw something like 56.5 indoor first throw. i hear he wants the record. thats pretty ambitious

what is the class B state record??? i dont know if for records they combine class A and B or what ... i know the class a record is 67ft and change
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Track and Field