Top Pole Vaulters, Shot Puters, Discus Throwers, And Javlin

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Pole Vaulters, Shot Puters, Discus Throwers, And Javlin

Postby Siouxalltheway » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:51 pm

The class b record at state is 62 2, and i think thats the overall record as well, held by none other than Jim Kleinsasser...
Siouxalltheway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thepistol » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:56 am

squeak63 wrote:
thepistol wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
squeak63 wrote:
longhornfan8 wrote:Seth Wistoff is a dude, he is going to probably take the Shot and for sure Disc, and knowing the kid, he will probably take the Jav for all we know

he must be class B because qvale and haugeberg are in a league of there own in A

i will update my post there and say that the are no longer in a league or there own...Tyler Fleckinstein had some bombs yesterday he ended up getting 54ft. but he scratched one that hit the base of the mats which were at about 56... keep in mind this was an indoor meet

first track practice seth wisthoff threw something like 56.5 indoor first throw. i hear he wants the record. thats pretty ambitious

what is the class B state record??? i dont know if for records they combine class A and B or what ... i know the class a record is 67ft and change

i thought the class A record was like 64ft .....but i was talking about kleinsassers record
"Facial"
thepistol
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:25 pm

the record at the state meet is 64 ft but the overal record is 67 ft
for everyone who is wondering about about records and such for state or just plain interested about some number the bhs throwers page is a great website to visit... it has all the past results for shot disc and jav in the state meet since like 1906 and and the same for the wda meet since like 1957 and it has past results of a lot of major meets in ND in the past 5 or 6 year Coach Leingang has done a great job with the site and some over you should go check it out...
heres a link...
http://www.bhs.bismarck.k12.nd.us/athle ... /throwers/
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby thepistol » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:11 am

Seth Wisthoff threw 57'6" and got first place in Moorehead at the indoor meet at Concordia. It was a class A meet. Qvale and Haugeberg were not at this one.(not to take anything away from seth)
"Facial"
thepistol
NDPreps Reserve

Postby earl » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:11 pm

Tyler Fleckinstein-54'10". :!:
earl

Postby longhornfan8 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:21 pm

thepistol wrote:Seth Wisthoff threw 57'6" and got first place in Moorehead at the indoor meet at Concordia. It was a class A meet. Qvale and Haugeberg were not at this one.(not to take anything away from seth)

When was this??
longhornfan8

Postby thepistol » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:03 pm

longhornfan8 wrote:
thepistol wrote:Seth Wisthoff threw 57'6" and got first place in Moorehead at the indoor meet at Concordia. It was a class A meet. Qvale and Haugeberg were not at this one.(not to take anything away from seth)

When was this??

Friday at Concordia
"Facial"
thepistol
NDPreps Reserve

Postby runner2010 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 am

Charlie Wellman could do pretty good at the shot put this year
Anyone can run 100 meters, its the next 4900 that count
runner2010
NDPreps Reserve

Postby earl » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:15 pm

T-fleck beat qvale and haugenbergenhousen at the minot indoor meet. I don't understand how a 190 lb kid can beat 300+lb beasts. That has to say something about the chs coaches.
earl

Postby janobilly20 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:17 pm

earl wrote:T-fleck beat qvale and haugenbergenhousen at the minot indoor meet. I don't understand how a 190 lb kid can beat 300+lb beasts. That has to say something about the chs coaches.

Give credit to the throwing coach, Murdoch. He's the best thrower's coach in the state. Also give credit to the kid and his hard work.
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Siouxalltheway » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Yeah he has had some good throwers under him the last decade or so. The last time the state meet was held in Grand Forks i think he had four of the nine in finals in girls discus and shot, possibly even five, not bad. How far did he throw to beat qvale and haugeberg?
Last edited by Siouxalltheway on Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siouxalltheway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:47 pm

Siouxalltheway wrote:Yeah he has had some good throwers under him the last decade or so. The last time the state meet was held in Grand Forks i think he had four of the nine in finals, possibly even five, not bad. How far did he throw to beat qvale and haugeberg?

54+ change... qvale was 53 and then some and haugeberg was 52"11' i believe
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby mc696 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:07 pm

On the subject of pole vaulters not touched much here the Class A looks like a seriously fun dual between Isakson from FS and Bennett from GFC seeing the edc indoor and both going over 14 was exciting and clearing 14 6 early in the year by Isakson was impressive, once Bennett gets used to a 15 foot pole this should get real good by state meet time. And I believe both these guys are jumping next year in College. Does definately seem to be a drop off after those 2 but a good exciting dual going that high is enjoyable.
mc696

Postby PoleVault3508 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:11 am

Thanks dude it was hella fun!!! More to come from both of us we should both be over 15 by the end of the year gunna be a crazy good time lol.
PoleVault3508

Postby kbking12 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:19 pm

wow! 14 feet and 1 inch just to be called top in state. Are u serious?! There is no difference from 14' 1'' to 14'. Try making 14' holding at 13', or even better holding at 13' 6'' and getting hips over 15'. just to let the 14' 1'' clearing pole vaulters know. Just wait for Friday in Minot.
kbking12

Postby basketetballfreak23 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Ryan drevlow threw 181 feet in a tourney this week i think he is leading both class A and B for javelin
basketetballfreak23

Postby ND_Coach » Tue May 06, 2008 10:39 pm

basketetballfreak23 wrote:Ryan drevlow threw 181 feet in a tourney this week i think he is leading both class A and B for javelin

His sister Jaime threw 131' and leads both class A and B as well
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Thirty » Sun May 11, 2008 5:20 pm

Qvale threw 57+ a couple times at some montana meets, which gives him the Williston Highschool all time record. I think he's able to throw at least 60 by the end of the year, which is coming pretty fast. Also, Cameron Hughes was throwing about 53 feet... but then he pulled his Hamstring or something at a meet and he might be out for state. But, I think Qvale is the best in the state, but I dont know much about anyone else, so my opinion is kinda bias I guess.
Thirty
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoAus8 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:28 pm

hey where can you go to see times and distances from this year
GoAus8
NDPreps Starter

Postby pepsi123 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:37 pm

kbking12 wrote:wow! 14 feet and 1 inch just to be called top in state. Are u serious?! There is no difference from 14' 1'' to 14'. Try making 14' holding at 13', or even better holding at 13' 6'' and getting hips over 15'. just to let the 14' 1'' clearing pole vaulters know. Just wait for Friday in Minot.

lol i think i sense some jealousy. i obvisouly doesnt take a rocket scientist to be able to tell that this is the man keith himself. You know i guess i would be jealous too if i couldnt ever win a meet cause someone who is clearly better than me always wins. and correct me if im wrong... doesnt going 14'1 mean he would get to jump behind captain underpants at state? lol my man if there is no differance between 14'1 and 14 why havent you cleared it?Just to be the best? your dang right and theres nothing wrong with it.
pepsi123

Postby Mod Bot » Mon May 12, 2008 11:09 pm

...and that is enough of that.

Topic closed.
Forum rules - Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.
Mod Bot
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Track and Field