track and field

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:06 pm

So who's throwin' down this year? Which team's field events can carry them to a team title? Everyone looks at the high profile sprints, but looking back over the past few years it's easy to see in overall team performance that a strong group of throwers can carry the team.

Look at what Trinity has...excellent tradition of strong throwers. Bismarck High and Grand Forks Red River look to have a great field season.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:55 pm

point/center wrote:So who's throwin' down this year? Which team's field events can carry them to a team title? Everyone looks at the high profile sprints, but looking back over the past few years it's easy to see in overall team performance that a strong group of throwers can carry the team.

Look at what Trinity has...excellent tradition of strong throwers. Bismarck High and Grand Forks Red River look to have a great field season.

the east is horrible for throwers haugeberg and qvale are the best returners for shot and AJ tuck is for disc
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:09 pm

Kid from Minot had a qualifying throw in the jav. in Bis. today.  I think a couple of other Minot kids got close. 

Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby always a sports season » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:36 pm

Jon Evenson from Lisbon qualified in both shot put and javelin today.
always a sports season

Postby squeak63 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:25 pm

haugaberg and schmitkutz were the only 2 who qualified in shot the rest of the people didn't really even get close... 42 ft. got you into finals... YUCK.. Aj tuck was the only person to qualify in the disc for boys to with a throw of 156-10  and 115 got you into finals....for the west there the wda meet will be what makes people qualify its sad how bad (with the exception of a few) the throwing is this year.... we could possibly see 130 place in disc and 46 place in shot AT STATE!
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:20 am

How many kids have gotten to throw outside prior to this meet?  Also a 9th grader threw 125 in the JV Disc. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd-ball41 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:58 am

Rob Field of Bismarck put up a pretty darn good showing yesterday in the 400 meter dash. He blew away the field.

Oh and weston leutz finally made it 6-8 in high jump.
nd-ball41

Postby squeak63 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:44 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:How many kids have gotten to throw outside prior to this meet?  Also a 9th grader threw 125 in the JV Disc. 

like i have said before bruce in an animal!!!
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:15 pm

It was Brian K. from Mandan.  I don't think Govig threw disc yesterday.  Also I think the results from the BHS web site are from prelims.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ldrunner » Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:58 pm

nd-ball41 wrote:Rob Field of Bismarck put up a pretty darn good showing yesterday in the 400 meter dash. He blew away the field.

Oh and weston leutz finally made it 6-8 in high jump.

Rob Field is pretty amazing. I'm not sure if anyone is going to stop him this year in the 400! And with that quarter speed, how fast can he go in the 800? He ran 1:59 last year, but I bet he goes way faster this year like maybe 1:55-1:56? If he does, will he beat Larson? 

Plus, watch out for Bismarck's 3200 relay team... 
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby squeak63 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:08 am

Wild Wolves wrote:It was Brian K. from Mandan.  I don't think Govig threw disc yesterday.  Also I think the results from the BHS web site are from prelims.

sorry about that long arms tall i can see 125 out of him... he he gets some muscle he could be a really good thrower with some coaching... kind of like peabody was but peabody had no coaching once so ever!
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby feeshattack » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:51 am

point/center wrote:So who's throwin' down this year? Which team's field events can carry them to a team title? Everyone looks at the high profile sprints, but looking back over the past few years it's easy to see in overall team performance that a strong group of throwers can carry the team.

this years trinity wont get many pts from the throwers, there jumpers will be carrying the field events, murphy in the long and triple and high will be getting the titans a lot of pts and i believe pladson is one of the only throwers that might get pts and that is in the javelin and discus... overall i think it will be trinitys distance runner and midrange runners that will get the job done for the titans!
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby iceman3 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:58 am

i agree. the titans 1600 and 3200 relay teams place 2nd at state last year. they have 2 returnin placers in the 800 and a great 16000/3200 runner. along with a decent 400 runner who ran a 51 spilt in the 1600 relay in hazen this past friday
iceman3

Postby grizz » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:28 pm

ldrunner wrote:Rob Field is pretty amazing. I'm not sure if anyone is going to stop him this year in the 400! And with that quarter speed, how fast can he go in the 800? He ran 1:59 last year, but I bet he goes way faster this year like maybe 1:55-1:56? If he does, will he beat Larson? 

Why the heck doesn't he run the 800? I don't understand why coaches don't make them run the 800 if they are that good in the 400. They go hand-in-hand. I remember Mitch Kuderna of DHS ran the 800 for ONE MEET and was like .1 or .2 away from qualifying. He could have worked on that and done some damage at the state meet if they would have needed some points.

P.S - No, he will not beat Larson. Larson will take gold at every individual event he runs this year.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby KevO42 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:18 am

Dusty Yates from dickinson high is a returning qualifier in the javelin this year, he has looked strong so far
KevO42

Postby KevO42 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:18 am

Dusty Yates from dickinson high is a returning qualifier in the javelin this year, he has looked strong so far
KevO42

Postby ldrunner » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:48 pm

grizz wrote:
ldrunner wrote:Rob Field is pretty amazing. I'm not sure if anyone is going to stop him this year in the 400! And with that quarter speed, how fast can he go in the 800? He ran 1:59 last year, but I bet he goes way faster this year like maybe 1:55-1:56? If he does, will he beat Larson? 

Why the heck doesn't he run the 800? I don't understand why coaches don't make them run the 800 if they are that good in the 400. They go hand-in-hand. I remember Mitch Kuderna of DHS ran the 800 for ONE MEET and was like .1 or .2 away from qualifying. He could have worked on that and done some damage at the state meet if they would have needed some points.

P.S - No, he will not beat Larson. Larson will take gold at every individual event he runs this year.

Rob Field does run the 800, he was fourth at state in it last year(1:59.23). The reason he doesn't run it very much is because he is such a talented athlete...last year he qualified in the 200, 400, 800, 300 hurdles, 4 by 200, 4 by 400, and 4 by 800! With quality ability in all of those events he doesn't really focus on just one or two events, and therefore won't run the 800 open very many times this year.

Larson will be hard to beat, but I would have to say the greatest opportunity for him to be beaten would be in the 800. Field is really the only competitor that has more pure speed than Larson. But, I would have to agree that Larson should win every event he runs at state.
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:06 pm

What did he place at state? He had plenty to choose from so I hope he had some high places.
Last edited by grizz on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu May 03, 2007 6:07 pm

Just was informed that Brian Kielpinski threw the disc 147 + today in a freshman meet.  Can you qualify at a freshman meet?  What were the conditions and is this amazing or was this expected?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Thu May 03, 2007 6:27 pm

i think you can qualify at any meet no matter what and also on that you have to take into consideration that there was a 40 mile and hour head wind they they were throwing into... not taking anything away from him he has a great throwing body tall long arms ect...but with that kind of a wind a normal say 130 thrower would be in the mid 150's... it talked to a throwing coach in bismarck today and he said that his guys were all throwing 15-25 ft farther with the wind
Last edited by squeak63 on Fri May 04, 2007 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Return to Track and Field