Track 2007

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:42 pm

Haha I was just givin you crap. But come on, thats just like a given.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:46 pm

grizz wrote:Haha I was just givin you crap. But come on, thats just like a given.

I know. Just playin along. Nobody had put him so I figured I would do the honors and put him on. Also the only other person I could think of would be Blake Bowers and he's not running.
SportsAreLife

Postby grizz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:50 pm

Yeah I know. Blake was one of my favs to watch run cuz he was just an animal, but I guess that isn't the case anymore. I feel bad for the kid.....
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby SportsAreLife » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:56 pm

grizz wrote:Yeah I know. Blake was one of my favs to watch run cuz he was just an animal, but I guess that isn't the case anymore. I feel bad for the kid.....

Mine too. The way he runs that's just going out and leaving everything you have on the track. That is how everybody should compete.
SportsAreLife

Postby nd-ball41 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:47 pm

flyguy wrote:Who do u guys think are some of the top athletes in the state that will qualify in many events?

Sam Larson of Jamestown
nd-ball41

Postby anderson16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Collin parrish will qualify in the mile and 2 mile for sure, since he usually wins them neway. Well unless Sam larson is at that meet.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby anderson16 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:59 pm

Ben Jackson from Central is really good at jumps and he will more than likely be a top contender in triple and long.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:02 pm

anderson16 wrote:Collin parrish will qualify in the mile and 2 mile for sure, since he usually wins them neway. Well unless Sam larson is at that meet.

Meaning he shouldnt have been brought up anyway because he will lose to Sam at the state meet.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:06 pm

Scott Murphy of DT should have an pretty good year. I was watching him long jump the other day in practice and it was his first time this season. He jumped a little over 20 ft even though he just got done with knee surgery. Once his leg starts getting stronger again, he should be well over 21 or close to 22 ft.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:07 pm

grizz wrote:Scott Murphy of DT should have an pretty good year. I was watching him long jump the other day in practice and it was his first time this season. He jumped a little over 20 ft even though he just got done with knee surgery. Once his leg starts getting stronger again, he should be well over 21 or close to 22 ft.

haha scott murphy, thats funny.....u no wut im talking bout grizz!!
fruit snack

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:07 pm

grizz wrote:Scott Murphy of DT should have an pretty good year. I was watching him long jump the other day in practice and it was his first time this season. He jumped a little over 20 ft even though he just got done with knee surgery. Once his leg starts getting stronger again, he should be well over 21 or close to 22 ft.

so that explains why he wasn't on the basketball court this season, what happened?
project-pat

Postby grizz » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:11 pm

fruit snack wrote:

haha scott murphy, thats funny.....u no wut im talking bout grizz!!

haha yeah dawg. starts with a M, ends in a Y.

In the football game vs Bott, he cranked his knee on the opening kick off. I think he tore some ligaments in his knee or something and then to make it worse, it started to heal by folding under the knee.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby anderson16 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:30 am

grizz wrote:
anderson16 wrote:Collin parrish will qualify in the mile and 2 mile for sure, since he usually wins them neway. Well unless Sam larson is at that meet.

Meaning he shouldnt have been brought up anyway because he will lose to Sam at the state meet.

IDK dude you just wait. Collin is pretty dang good.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:07 am

Yeah I just looked at the state meet times last year and there was a couple people who graduated in front of his 5 place finish. He will take 2nd or 3rd this year, which isnt bad at all. I don't think he could take Larson though.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby koopa » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:50 pm

no one could touch larson his junior year. this year'll be a walk in the park for him. the only one who i could see being competition for him is joash osoro from bismarck, and hes younger and less experienced than larson
koopa

Postby SportsAreLife » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:16 pm

grizz wrote:Yeah I just looked at the state meet times last year and there was a couple people who graduated in front of his 5 place finish. He will take 2nd or 3rd this year, which isnt bad at all. I don't think he could take Larson though.

I honestly think nobody will touch Larson this year. He's just to good.
SportsAreLife

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:16 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
grizz wrote:Yeah I just looked at the state meet times last year and there was a couple people who graduated in front of his 5 place finish. He will take 2nd or 3rd this year, which isnt bad at all. I don't think he could take Larson though.

I honestly think nobody will touch Larson this year. He's just to good.

Yeah, Larson is an animal, even Osoro had a tough time keeping up with him in XC. I remember at state, he crossed the finish line, not even winded, the kid is amazing.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:22 pm

Jeez those are pretty good lengths after a knee injury, he's gonna be insane when he's fully healed.
project-pat

Postby ldrunner » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:12 pm

Osoro is a sophomore, but he is 17 years old, and turns 18 in August, which is not much younger than a lot of seniors. Plus, i'd say he has the genetics working for him if you know what i mean...i bet osoro will give larson a very tough race in the 3200m this spring.
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:33 pm

Did he fail a grade or what??? Wow..... 17 year old soph
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby ldrunner » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:54 am

No, he did not really fail a grade. He moved here from kenya about one and a half years ago. When he started school here he had to take some kind of placement test,  and as a result he ended up going into the 9th grade(last year) when he was 16 years old.
"Dont worry about people telling you to stop doing too much and that you will burn out. Burning out is mental, and if you are tough you can do anything." -Dathan Ritzenhein
ldrunner
NDPreps Reserve

Postby koopa » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:40 am

isnt there an age limit on how old you can be till you cant participate in high school athletics? i know hes not past it yet but what about his senior year?
koopa

Postby grizz » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:09 am

I think its only 21 years old. He will only be 19 when he graduates. He's gonna have a big advantage over his competition though.....
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby flyguy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:08 pm

anderson16 wrote:
grizz wrote:

IDK dude you just wait. Collin is pretty darn good.

Collin is good runner. He wins the East meets but once he runs against the west he will be maybe in the top 5. Behind Larson, Osoro, Reichenberg
flyguy

Postby anderson16 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:54 pm

Collin has worked really hard this off season and i think he will be a lot better then what you guys think. All you guys do is look at last season and past times and results, but you need to look at NOW and THIS year.
anderson16
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Track and Field