2023 season

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2023 season

Postby vikingman » Sat May 06, 2023 6:37 am

Some video of Packers Relay (May 5) on Youtube channel '4K Fargo Spring Sports'

Girls https://youtu.be/JHg6eiCH_Ik

Boys https://youtu.be/SiWfv6wuor0
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: 2023 season

Postby vikingman » Tue May 23, 2023 11:05 am

who are the favorites for Boys and Girls class B this year to win state?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Tue May 23, 2023 11:32 am

I haven't looked at it closely but I'm guessing Bowman County in boys and Central Cass in girls.

BC has too many solid distance runners and they'll place high in the 4x400 and most likely win the 4x800.

CC will get a lot of points from Wisnewski in the sprints and they always have a lot of depth to compete in the relays. I'm sure they have some solid field events too.

edit: I looked closer and I'm not as convinced CC wins. They don't have a lot outside of Wisnewski. I have no idea who the favorite would be if they don't win though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue May 23, 2023 2:01 pm

NRS will put up 40 points from Belquist alone. If they get any extra points from other events, they might be able to pull it off.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue May 23, 2023 2:14 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:NRS will put up 40 points from Belquist alone. If they get any extra points from other events, they might be able to pull it off.

I thought of her. I looked through the qualifiers to see where they might get some additional points. They could potentially get some in the javelin and maybe the relays. They have quality relay times, but it will be tough to replace Belquist on those.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Tue May 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Flip wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:NRS will put up 40 points from Belquist alone. If they get any extra points from other events, they might be able to pull it off.

I thought of her. I looked through the qualifiers to see where they might get some additional points. They could potentially get some in the javelin and maybe the relays. They have quality relay times, but it will be tough to replace Belquist on those.

Relays will be run without her now though...so that makes things interesting in predicting them
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Tue May 23, 2023 9:03 pm

My Predictions for Top 5 Teams

Girls - Class A: Fargo Davies, Bismarck, GF Red River, Minot, West Fargo

Girls - Class B: Central Cass, Hatton-Northwood, New Rockford-Sheyenne, Oak Grove, Lisbon

Boys - Class A: Legacy, Century, Bismarck, GF Red River, Fargo South

Boys - Class B: Kindred, Bowman County, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Dickinson Trinity, Carrington

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby vikingman » Fri May 26, 2023 9:22 am

Last year it was Paul Olsen winning the state high jump in his first year of competing in track, this year it's Dane Hagler of North Star doing the same. He only went to two meets before the region, and jumped 6 inches higher at state than any previous meet. I imagine the majority of his time is spent on the baseball field, so track practice probably wasn't much of a priority.
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Sat May 27, 2023 8:55 am

vikingman wrote:Last year it was Paul Olsen winning the state high jump in his first year of competing in track, this year it's Dane Hagler of North Star doing the same. He only went to two meets before the region, and jumped 6 inches higher at state than any previous meet. I imagine the majority of his time is spent on the baseball field, so track practice probably wasn't much of a priority.

I noticed he jumped 6'6" that is an impressive jump. I didn't know he just went out for track and had limited experience.

Was Decontee Smith healthy this spring? I noticed she didn't run many open events this year.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sat May 27, 2023 10:16 am

Flip wrote:
vikingman wrote:Last year it was Paul Olsen winning the state high jump in his first year of competing in track, this year it's Dane Hagler of North Star doing the same. He only went to two meets before the region, and jumped 6 inches higher at state than any previous meet. I imagine the majority of his time is spent on the baseball field, so track practice probably wasn't much of a priority.

I noticed he jumped 6'6" that is an impressive jump. I didn't know he just went out for track and had limited experience.

Was Decontee Smith healthy this spring? I noticed she didn't run many open events this year.

Remember she had a heart concern before basketball season

But she qualified for State in the 100 and 200 along with both sprint relays

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Sat May 27, 2023 11:08 am

I remember she sat out at the beginning of basketball because of it, but I don't know what it was, how it affected her, or if she was 100% recovered or not.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby WalkingStick » Sat May 27, 2023 1:21 pm

Flip wrote:I remember she sat out at the beginning of basketball because of it, but I don't know what it was, how it affected her, or if she was 100% recovered or not.

Didn't do the 400 much this year...but she has been FAST in the sprints still...Wisnewski's dominance now has overshadowed Smith's times this year.

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WalkingStick » Sat May 27, 2023 8:01 pm

WalkingStick wrote:My Predictions for Top 5 Teams

Girls - Class A: Fargo Davies, Bismarck, GF Red River, Minot, West Fargo

Girls - Class B: Central Cass, Hatton-Northwood, New Rockford-Sheyenne, Oak Grove, Lisbon

Boys - Class A: Legacy, Century, Bismarck, GF Red River, Fargo South

Boys - Class B: Kindred, Bowman County, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Dickinson Trinity, Carrington

Actual
Class A Girls: Fargo Davies, GF Red River, Bismarck, West Fargo, Century
Class B Girls: Central Cass, Central McLean, New Rockford-Sheyenne, Bowman County, Carrington

Class A Boys: Century, Legacy, Bismarck,, Fargo South, Fargo Davies
Class B Boys: Kindred, Bowman County, Hillsboro-Central Valley, Carrington, Shiloh Christian

WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Track and Field