Soph/Fresh Track

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:59 am

is there any sophmores or freshmen that have a chance in makeing it to the class A state meet this year?

Hurdles-

Sprints-

Distance-

Throws-
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby bcourtbraves » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:59 am

Distance- Clayton St. Claire sophmore and shaunna knife will have another chance as an underclass(girl)
Last edited by bcourtbraves on Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:46 am

jacobson qualified in hurdles last year so he will then a lot of distance runners qvale in shot eric klein could qualify in shot also challis williams in the 400 could get there

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:49 pm

Laura Roesler and Lauren Wilson are just freshman for South
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:46 pm

qvale or klein any good in discus?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby froggy » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:14 am

ya...all those other events are good but who will be good in the jumps? cuz we all know that jumpers are the most athletic. class a track rules
Last edited by froggy on Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
froggy

Postby cdub1 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:14 am

jumpers are not always the most athletic some are jus tall and in high jump it doesnt matter  how high you can jump it is all about form

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:31 am

cdub1 wrote:jumpers are not always the most athletic some are jus tall and in high jump it doesnt matter  how high you can jump it is all about form
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby froggy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:47 am

[font=georgia]no way, it is all about how high or far you can jump. they are by far the most athletic of a track team, well i would say hurdlers and jumpers are the most athletic. they are what make the track team a team. some of it is form but most of it is how much ability you have. polevaulters are up there to cuz they are strong and fast. but out of all the three jumpers. peace[/font]
froggy

Postby froggy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:59 am

[font=georgia]jumpers also get all the ladies:D:D:D[/font]
froggy

Postby NDSUbison! » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:07 am

Hey jumpers arent always the ones who are the most athletic and get all the ladies. How bout them pole vaulters! Jumpers and vaulters are about just as equally awesome.
NDSUbison!

Postby froggy » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:11 am

[font=georgia]ndsu bison, i take back what i said. you are absolutely right. pv and jumpers are definetly the best and most athletic on the team. they both get the ladies equally because the girls like to watch them. holla[/font]
froggy

Postby cdub1 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:09 am

froggy wrote:[font=georgia]no way, it is all about how high or far you can jump. they are by far the most athletic of a track team, well i would say hurdlers and jumpers are the most athletic. they are what make the track team a team. some of it is form but most of it is how much ability you have. polevaulters are up there to cuz they are strong and fast. but out of all the three jumpers. peace[/font]

i know it isnt about how high you can jump cuz i doubt peabody jumps higher than leutz for example

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby froggy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:39 am

apparently he can jump higher than luetz...alot higher. i watched the class a high jump at state and luetz had amazing form as peabody had just terrible form but he came out on top and won it. almost broke the state record.
froggy

Postby Deuce » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:55 am

You must mean the state meet record of 6'10.25.  Charles Pokladnik from BHS I know jumped 7' and I think Mark McDonald from Munich also jumped 7' back in the late 80's for the state record.

But I concur, jumpers rule.
Last edited by Deuce on Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby froggy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:10 am

[font=georgia]well i meant the state record at the state meet. peabody was 2 inches less than that but ya its still alot. haha well jumpers do rule. i like duece. it is not all about form either, it is about how well you can jump.[/font]
froggy

Postby Deuce » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:24 am

So does that mean golf is for snoobs?  Or did I get too many o's?
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:18 am

froggy wrote:apparently he can jump higher than luetz...alot higher. i watched the class a high jump at state and luetz had amazing form as peabody had just terrible form but he came out on top and won it. almost broke the state record.

i was watching the exact same one as you and i dont think he can jump higher i think he has a huge advantage in being 6 8 where leutz is about 6 2 that is what i was sayin if you are tall you will usually be a good high jumper katelyn steffan is another good example of that

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:47 am

I was just having some fun but you're right in that a taller person has somewhat of an advantage in that they don't need as high of a verticle and they just make it look easier.  But they'll probably have more mass to propell so maybe that evens out.  I was jumping in college against this guy from Chadron State who was 6'11 and when we were at 7' it was barely above his head.  On the other hand for me being 6'2 it was almost a foot above my head.   So maybe its a phychological advantage.

But the greatest high jumper of all time, Javier Sotomayor was only 6'4.  He's the only person to have cleared 8' and 17 of the top 24 all time jumps are by him.
Last edited by Deuce on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:25 pm

I was just making a joke on your noobs comment.  You see if you remove one of the o's, snoobs becomes snobs. ;)
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:26 pm

Deuce wrote:So does that mean golf is for snoobs?  Or did I get too many o's?

i dont wanna hear another smart remark about golf like that again
Last edited by project-pat on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:37 pm

the only track and field news you ever see on ESPN now a days is just about steroid busts.
project-pat

Postby froggy » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:21 pm

[font=georgia]i like steriods. steriods make me happy and make me rage out in a angirly manner. i like to rip things apart and then eat them. if i didnt have steriods then i wouldnt be as big as i am today. hip hip hooray for steriods. i am the king of steriods:dude:[/font]
froggy

Postby squeak63 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:07 am

i thought we were talking about sophmore and freshmen athletes not steroid and best athletes?
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:01 am

ya that is true devin huizenga will qualify in a couple evens and joash osoro will qualify too...

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Track and Field