Jake Leingang

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Jake Leingang

Postby Body Blow » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:04 pm

Jake Leingang ran a 8:51.23 at Arcadia track meet. It shatters the old state record of 9:03.65 set by Williston great Corey Ihmels
Body Blow
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Jake Leingang

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Body Blow wrote:Jake Leingang ran a 8:51.23 at Arcadia track meet. It shatters the old state record of 9:03.65 set by Williston great Corey Ihmels

It doesn't shatter the State record...you can only break the State record AT the State Meet. I do know that it shatters Bismarck's School Record and its a State All-Time Record..but it cannot be a State Record outside of the State meet.

I would like to point out that this was also the case earlier this year with Leingang's 1600 meter run (4:12.32) is #2 All-Time in the State...better than the State Meet Record (4:12.76 by Rob Heen, Williston). #1 All-Time was set by Corey Ihmels, Williston 4:09.54 (no doubts Leingang will run better than that by the end of his JUNIOR season).
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Body Blow » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:27 pm

You are right run, sorry for the confusion should have stated he broke the all time record not the state record
Body Blow
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Body Blow wrote:You are right run, sorry for the confusion should have stated he broke the all time record not the state record

That's fine...just wanted to make sure there was any added confusion with future posts. Its too bad he won't have much (if any) competition at the State Meet. I still think he can get the state record at State (pending State Meet conditions)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby theman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:45 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Body Blow wrote:You are right run, sorry for the confusion should have stated he broke the all time record not the state record

That's fine...just wanted to make sure there was any added confusion with future posts. Its too bad he won't have much (if any) competition at the State Meet. I still think he can get the state record at State (pending State Meet conditions)

Keep in mind though that neither Heen nor Ihmels had competition at their state meets. It seems fitting that to break a state record like that, it should be done by yourself just like everybody else.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Track and Field