2024 Season

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2024 Season

Postby bingobangobongo » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:52 pm

Practice starts today!

It always seems too early when it gets going, but we might have a nice, long outdoor season this year if this weather keeps up. Baseball and softball might not have to condense their season into 3 weeks in May! Truly remarkable weather we've been having.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2024 Season

Postby bingobangobongo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:58 am

Any outstanding performers in the indoor meets / early bird outdoor meets? Things are really picking up now with this weather. Feel really bad for Kelsie Belquist missing her senior year, and selfishly, am sad I won't get to see her in person at a meet. Any other standouts to keep on eye on? I think Elise Wisnewski at Central Cass will be fun to watch. It would be fun to see Riley Sunram from Kindred and Ethan Thomas at GF Central go head to head in the shot put.

Anyone know if Sunram was being recruited for track at any colleges? The 2 sport athlete is rare at the highest levels of college, but if anyone could do it, I could see an offensive lineman being likely to do it, doubling up as thrower in the spring. Lift heavy stuff and get extremely explosive for both sports, and I would think the footwork taught to shot putters and discus would have a direct benefit to an offensive lineman.
bingobangobongo
NDPreps Starter

Return to Track and Field