2019 General Discussion

A and B
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby vikingman » Wed May 22, 2019 5:48 pm

SOMEONE must have recorded those races, right? Are they on youtube?
vikingman
NDPreps All-State
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby Flip » Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 pm

theman wrote:
vikingman wrote:do I have this correct -- in 2010 Milbrath was a Freshman and Roesler was a senior?


It's a weird coincidence that you mention this particular meet, because last week I was thinking to myself "what's the best race I've ever witnessed?" and decided to type up a story about it. I have it here:
(shameless self-promotion again)
http://northdakotarunner.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-greatest-race-ive-witnessed-state.html

So Milbrath ran a 53.31 400 as a HS freshman and her best at NDSU was a 53.22.

theman, did you see the 2000 300h race between Coles and Klein? Coles had taken 2nd in the 300h in 98 and 99 to Klein, but she beat in Klein 2000. 42.52 to 42.55

I've spent a lot time looking at NDSU's top 10.
https://gobison.com/sports/2013/5/6/474 ... ath=wtrack
Flip
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 3921
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:35 am

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Class B Girls Long Jump in 2006 was fun to watch between Kristen Killoran (Maple Valley-Enderlin) and Whitney Carlson (Carrington). Killoran would break the State record only to have Carlson break it after her on 2nd jumps of finals and then again on final jumps; 19’ 5.5” to 19’ 4.5”
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14694
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby NodakQ2 » Wed May 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Flip wrote:
theman wrote:
vikingman wrote:do I have this correct -- in 2010 Milbrath was a Freshman and Roesler was a senior?


It's a weird coincidence that you mention this particular meet, because last week I was thinking to myself "what's the best race I've ever witnessed?" and decided to type up a story about it. I have it here:
(shameless self-promotion again)
http://northdakotarunner.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-greatest-race-ive-witnessed-state.html

So Milbrath ran a 53.31 400 as a HS freshman and her best at NDSU was a 53.22.

theman, did you see the 2000 300h race between Coles and Klein? Coles had taken 2nd in the 300h in 98 and 99 to Klein, but she beat in Klein 2000. 42.52 to 42.55

I've spent a lot time looking at NDSU's top 10.
https://gobison.com/sports/2013/5/6/474 ... ath=wtrack


Flip..Thanks for the link, and speaking of Klein, I was AMAZED at the number of All-Time top 10’s that Carrington Girls Track Athletes hold for the Bison. I came up with 17 between Carlson, Klein, Retzlaff, Rosenau, and Hochalter.
NodakQ2
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby theman » Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 pm

Flip wrote:
theman wrote:
vikingman wrote:do I have this correct -- in 2010 Milbrath was a Freshman and Roesler was a senior?


It's a weird coincidence that you mention this particular meet, because last week I was thinking to myself "what's the best race I've ever witnessed?" and decided to type up a story about it. I have it here:
(shameless self-promotion again)
http://northdakotarunner.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-greatest-race-ive-witnessed-state.html

So Milbrath ran a 53.31 400 as a HS freshman and her best at NDSU was a 53.22.

theman, did you see the 2000 300h race between Coles and Klein? Coles had taken 2nd in the 300h in 98 and 99 to Klein, but she beat in Klein 2000. 42.52 to 42.55

I've spent a lot time looking at NDSU's top 10.
https://gobison.com/sports/2013/5/6/474 ... ath=wtrack

I was only 7 at the time, so no! I think I'd add watching Hunter Lucas and Leif Everson duke it out in the 1600 and 3200 at state a few years ago as well.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby Mailman_25 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 am

For my money, Whitney Carlson was the best I saw with Roesler a close 1A. And Blake Bowers from Kenmare-Bowbells for the boys. Terrible accident left him unable to compete as a senior.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:39 am

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby 5-time state chump » Sat May 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:For my money, Whitney Carlson was the best I saw with Roesler a close 1A. And Blake Bowers from Kenmare-Bowbells for the boys. Terrible accident left him unable to compete as a senior.


I agree on all of this.

I believe Bowers had the states fastest times in the 100, 200, 400, 800 and 1600 in 2006.

He had the overall record for the 400. 48.19. He got in a car accident on the way home from helping work on a car with a friend.

He went on to run for I think the Gophers, but never returned to form.
5-time state chump
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby theman » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:33 am

Where are graduating seniors going to college this next year?
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: 2019 General Discussion

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:35 am

theman wrote:Where are graduating seniors going to college this next year?


Dawson Schroeder (Northern Lights) - NDSU - Throws
Austin Widmer (Oak Grove) - NDSU - Disc/Hammer
Isaac Huber (Edgeley-Kulm) - NDSU - Distance
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores at yahoo
Follow ND HS Scores (NDScores) on Twitter
Find Scores/Schedules/Standings: http://www.northdakota-scores.net
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 14694
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Fargo

Previous

Return to Track and Field

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron