More Media Opportunities for ND??

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

More Media Opportunities for ND??

Postby stoaxc2004 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Is it just me or does any one else think that one of the major stations should find a high school sporting event every other week and televise it. Like during the winter, the station could chose a hockey or basketball game with a great matchup and televise it.

I know that the Fox Sports North station (ch. 33 on Cable One in Fargo) televises a decent or great matchup of high school hockey every week. I think that North Dakota needs to do the same thing; but include basketball into that idea.

Anyone else with comments on this???
stoaxc2004

Re: More Media Opportunities for ND??

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:45 pm

This would be a great idea, and some parts of the state are already doing this. BEK sports televises certain events throughout the year. And in the Southwest part of the state Consolidated (out of Dickinson) records games (football, volleyball, basketball) and plays them throughout the week on thier cable channel (Channel 18).
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:35 am

It comes down to viewership and sponsorship. When it comes down to it I wonder what percentage of residents care that much about high school sports?? My guess is that it's not enough to make it a marketable product for most commercial tv stations. Networks also frown on delaying their programming. It's an issue with our state tournament coverage..
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Eminence » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:00 pm

Couldn't they put it on Community Access Television (CATV) which I think is on channel 12 and is a nonprofit supported by the community. Why not televise games?
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 14>35 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:18 am

i see more high school sports coverage from minnesota than i do from here!
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby stoaxc2004 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:41 pm

14>35 wrote:i see more high school sports coverage from Minnesota than i do from here!

I know...that is why I brought this topic up!!
stoaxc2004

Return to Hot Topics