ND Coaching openings (Girls)

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

ND Coaching openings (Girls)

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:51 am

Guys , gals whoever can help me on this. I am orginally from ND played high school ball there as well as college football. Been teaching and coaching in AZ for the past 6 years. Came down right out of college. I had to get out of the snow and cold lol. Basketball is not life down here by any means, soccer and baseball come first so its a different envirment. Family is all still back in ND. Curious on websites or openings that may open up in ND. I am a girls coach in the largest division in AZ. We have 2500 students and play at the 5-A level. Believe it or not I only have 35 kids for 3 levels. I have flown my kids back to ND for xmas tournaments the past two seasons. Great experience and they got to play at my old high school in front of a packed house. But I need to be in a more competitive atmosphere. We play in front of 30 people each night . The good thing about AZ is that I can practice all summer long after the last day of school. So we actually have practice starting May 30th to get ready for summer tournaments etc.
Anyways I do have a couple connections back in ND but thought maybe someone on here could give me a website etc. We have won back to back region titles and went to state this season. We have been 17-0 the last two years in our region and 29-3 over my 4 years here in region play. Just some info if any of it matters. I am going to post this in another section also I hope that is ok. You don't get any better hospitality then ND people.
CHS

Re: ND Coaching openings (Girls)

Postby point/center » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:57 am

word at the Class A tourney was that West Fargo may have an opening but I don't think it was officially open yet.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:58 am

What field do you teach in???
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:04 pm

I teach PE and Health, I am an also the asst football coach on the varsity level , played 4 years at Valley City state, have coached JV baseball also.
CHS

Postby Baller » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:18 pm

CHS wrote:I teach PE and Health, I am an also the asst football coach on the varsity level , played 4 years at Valley City state, have coached JV baseball also.

Those are though classes to get into the FArgo system, but WF should have an opening and maybe North. Probably Devils Lake.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby CHS » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks Baller , ya those are tought teaching positions. One of my best friends Greg Ulland is the 1st asst on UND womans team also. I know how it is in ND, not sure they like to hire out of state . Seems they tend to hire someone already in the system from time to time.
CHS

Postby champ24 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:22 pm

jobsnd.com is the place to check. you can sign in as a guest and check openings around the state. Just go to search for jobs or job openings. Another place is Schoolspring.com. again, as a guest, search for jobs in ND. Hope this helps. I did a quick check. Carrington has an opening for Phy Ed and coaching possibilities.
champ24

Postby CHS » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:32 am

Thanks champ,ya I looked at the jobsnd site. THe thing is like many of these class A jobs may not even open to the public as many just hire someone in the system etc. I don't know if its a law that they have to post it or not. We will see I guess. Thanks
CHS

Postby HeisAlive » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:49 pm

Minot High will be looking for a girls coach, Good Luck on your search
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:49 pm

If you are desperate there are a ton of schools on the Minnesota side of the Red River, close to the North Dakota border. Of course it's not as good as North Dakota, but you can see it from there. :wink:
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby CHS » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Well I would be open to ideas, an update on this I talked to West Fargo's AD and I am sending my resume, He did say they have some candidates that are currenlty assistants also. My big thing is getting a teaching job in PE and Health. I also contacted Minot High and should hear back tommorow.
CHS

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:38 am

Looks like Porter and Shultis have applied for the NDSCS position. Finalists will be named next week.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:58 am

NDSportsFan mentioned teaching in Minnesota if you must...Remember their tax rates are MUCH higher and their state is broke. North Dakota has millions of dollars in our state coffers that we don't know what to do with! Our economy is ROCKIN!!!! :D Gotta love that $4 gas.. :?
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby bruins44 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:11 pm

Baller wrote:Looks like Porter and Shultis have applied for the NDSCS position. Finalists will be named next week.

neither one of those guys will get a sniff... I heard Shultis might want the North High Football job.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flying Wallenda » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:17 pm

bruins44 wrote:
Baller wrote:Looks like Porter and Shultis have applied for the NDSCS position. Finalists will be named next week.

neither one of those guys will get a sniff... I heard Shultis might want the North High Football job.

Porter coached Lake Region from the late 80's to about 1997. He won a few mon-dak conference championships as well as at least 1 state title. He was also named coach of the year a few times...don't be so sure he at least won't get a look.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hot Topics