2009 Points of Emphasis

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2009 Points of Emphasis

Postby hp fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Dear NDHSAA,

Next season would you please make a "Point of Emphasis" in your bball meetings that Technicals will be strictly enforced for players/Coaches that constsntly complain. But more importantly would you please address crowd control. Could we have the AD/Official/School official please take a tougher stand on some unruly, and usually uneducated, fans.

I am looking for some suggestions of how to deal with this!!! I see it on this sight to be a major problem. I see it in the games I watch to be a major problem. I have to say that the players and coaches are becoming the best behaved people in the gym. I am afraid it is a only a matter of time before the athletes/coaches become as assinine as the fans. WHERE IS THE SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!!!!!

SOrry I had to vent
hp fan

Re: 2009 Points of Emphasis

Postby tellmeaboutit » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:32 pm

There are already guidelines in place to give technicals to players/coaches that "always complain". The officials often just need to "grow a pair" and make the call.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:53 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:There are already guidelines in place to give technicals to players/coaches that "always complain". The officials often just need to "grow a pair" and make the call.

I agree 100%. When I think about a coach who constantly complains there's only one that comes to my mind. He did finally get a technical in one of the games and heard he also got t'd up in 2 other games. IMO the officials put up with way to much from the coaches and should start dishing out the technicals.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old lineman » Thu May 08, 2008 6:40 pm

HOW ABOUT THE FLOP
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hp fan » Sun May 11, 2008 1:53 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:There are already guidelines in place to give technicals to players/coaches that "always complain". The officials often just need to "grow a pair" and make the call.

I know there are already "guidelines". That is why it is called a point of emphasis. To emphasize that some players/coaches are crossing the line, and they should be punished for it.
hp fan

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun May 11, 2008 7:14 pm

hp fan wrote:

I know there are already "guidelines". That is why it is called a point of emphasis. To emphasize that some players/coaches are crossing the line, and they should be punished for it.

What exactly is your point?
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Mon May 12, 2008 9:28 am

i think his point is that it needs to be called more often. officials put up with too much from some coaches and players and need to make the call when it happens.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Hot Topics