BEST ALL-AROUND ATHLETE IN NORTH DAKOTA?

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: BEST ALL-AROUND ATHLETE IN NORTH DAKOTA?

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Jamie Mauch of Hankinson is the best athlete in class B this year. A great football and basketball player. He also placed in state track&field.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby digger » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:24 pm

I agree that Mauch is probably right at the top, Class A or B. I just don't see how you can go with anyone but Zac Elgie however. They guy has done it in every sport he plays at the highest level for 3+ years. I was courtside at the state championship game against North his sophmore year. The battle he and Nathan Dehne (North's best athlete that year) had on both ends of the court was amazing. Dehne was a senior playing on one wheel, and Elgie as a sophmore was the heart of the Magi team. You could just tell Elgie was something special and he hasn't disapointed.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:12 pm

digger wrote:I agree that Mauch is probably right at the top, Class A or B. I just don't see how you can go with anyone but Zac Elgie however. They guy has done it in every sport he plays at the highest level for 3+ years. I was courtside at the state championship game against North his sophmore year. The battle he and Nathan Dehne (North's best athlete that year) had on both ends of the court was amazing. Dehne was a senior playing on one wheel, and Elgie as a sophmore was the heart of the Magi team. You could just tell Elgie was something special and he hasn't disapointed.

SOY Eric Erdmann??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby digger » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:49 pm

baseball wrote:
digger wrote:I agree that Mauch is probably right at the top, Class A or B. I just don't see how you can go with anyone but Zac Elgie however. They guy has done it in every sport he plays at the highest level for 3+ years. I was courtside at the state championship game against North his sophmore year. The battle he and Nathan Dehne (North's best athlete that year) had on both ends of the court was amazing. Dehne was a senior playing on one wheel, and Elgie as a sophmore was the heart of the Magi team. You could just tell Elgie was something special and he hasn't disapointed.

SOY Eric Erdmann??

Eric Erdmann was obviously North's best player, best in the state that year. Dehne was North High's best athlete, speed, strength, quickness, 6'2", a great competitor. Didn't mean to take anything away from Erdmann, he was terrific, having a nice career at Mary.
digger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:51 pm

alright i get what your saying
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:23 pm

how many state championship teams has elgie been on?
Stormtrooper

Postby smart source » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:35 am

Stormtrooper wrote:

how many state championship teams has elgie been on?[/quote

that would depend on what you include if you include summer ball starting at all star teams such as in call ripken then from cal ripken he would have been in 8 total winning 5 and if you just go from high school age and on it would be i think 5 total winning 3....i think also 8 west region championships from high school age on but those are both including legion baseball
smart source

Postby Pdubs » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:38 pm

The best all-around athlete in ND has to be Zach Wentz hands down.
Pdubs

Postby tjschobinger » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:09 am

What about Taylor Bruhschwein of DHS? been at state for tennis forever, started as a frosh for bball i believe, was on state record 4X400 relay team as a soph, took like 3rd in the 400 open at state last year, placed for hurdles, he placed in other sprints and sprint relays too but i just dont remember w/ very good accuracy..... and not to mention, last year at state track he felt like absolute crap the whole time..
what do you guys/ gals think?
tjschobinger

Postby i_see_it_all » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:23 pm

tjschobinger wrote:What about Taylor Bruhschwein of DHS? been at state for tennis forever, started as a frosh for bball i believe, was on state record 4X400 relay team as a soph, took like 3rd in the 400 open at state last year, placed for hurdles, he placed in other sprints and sprint relays too but i just dont remember w/ very good accuracy..... and not to mention, last year at state track he felt like absolute crap the whole time..

im sure he's earned a lot of "participation" awards in his day. but im taking this post as someone trying to make a joke. the only reason im commenting on this is because i've always been impressed with the athletes the town of dickinson has put out over the years. that town always seems to have good teams (except in hockey, lol.)
i_see_it_all
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:21 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:
tjschobinger wrote:What about Taylor Bruhschwein of DHS? been at state for tennis forever, started as a frosh for bball i believe, was on state record 4X400 relay team as a soph, took like 3rd in the 400 open at state last year, placed for hurdles, he placed in other sprints and sprint relays too but i just dont remember w/ very good accuracy..... and not to mention, last year at state track he felt like absolute crap the whole time..

im sure he's earned a lot of "participation" awards in his day. but im taking this post as someone trying to make a joke. the only reason im commenting on this is because i've always been impressed with the athletes the town of dickinson has put out over the years. that town always seems to have good teams (except in hockey, lol.)

How is Taylor Bruhschwein a joke? He is very good at tennis. He won state basketball as a junior, and is a 3 year starter, and the best shooter in the state. He is the number 1 seed in 300 hurdles, number 2 or 3 in the 400 meter dash, and he runs a leg on the 400 and state record holding 1600 relays.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby tjschobinger » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:43 pm

i_see_it_all wrote:

WHAT? you cant be serious right now... im not even kidding, he's one of the best athletes in the state. If you haven't heard of him you're oviously not on top of things when it comes to North Dakota sports/academics anyways. hh, if you call being a crucial part of a couple state championship teams "participation" awards,, then yea, i guess he's won a few. i can be alright with you not agreeing,,,, but saying that he's a joke? thats just not right.
tjschobinger

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:51 am

ok ok, let's respect others opinions, even if we don't agree.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:52 am

I think Ethan Kline deserves to be in this topic.......extremely athletic
demon_fan14

Postby theDIRTYdub » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 am

what about Patrick Wolf of new town, ND? The Kid is the 2 time state cross country champion, he dominates every year in state in most events (3200, 1600, 3200 relays, 800, could run 400) he is an all region basketball player with plenty of game, and he played football when he was a junior but due to chance of injury for track or basketball decided to stay out and rightfully so, he has options to run all over including but not limited to schools like minnesota.
There's no "I" in team...But there is in "win"...
theDIRTYdub
NDPreps Reserve

Postby billy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:56 am

In the Track and Field board I believe someone said that Patrick Wolf broke his ankle playing in a basketball tournament. That is a shame considering how good he is in the distance events.
billy

Postby track guy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:31 am

I believe Zach Wentz is the best athlete in the state. First team all state for football, one of the best pitchers in the state, if not the best. This kid is just a stud. He will be a great addition to NDSU's football and baseball team.
track guy

Postby D-Pain » Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:19 pm

track guy wrote:I believe Zach Wentz is the best athlete in the state. First team all state for football, one of the best pitchers in the state, if not the best. This kid is just a stud. He will be a great addition to NDSU's football and baseball team.

He is pretty good too but dont forget about zach elgie.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby janobilly20 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:32 pm

zach wentz
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby D-Pain » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:14 am

janobilly20 wrote:zach wentz

Yes but you are forgetting that Elgie is getting a scholarship to go to Kansas and Wentz is walking on at NDSU. They are both decent athletes though...
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby janobilly20 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:05 pm

D-Pain wrote:

Yes but you are forgetting that Elgie is getting a scholarship to go to Kansas and Wentz is walking on at NDSU. They are both decent athletes though...

actually, no i am not forgetting about that. you are forgetting that wentz is trying out both baseball and football, and he is better in both
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby D-Pain » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:23 pm

janobilly20 wrote:
D-Pain wrote:

actually, no i am not forgetting about that. you are forgetting that wentz is trying out both baseball and football, and he is better in both

No, im not forgetting about that either. Elgie was the west region football player of the year and is a great basketball player, not to mention his best sport...Baseball. No offense to wentz, but what did he do this winter? Oh yeah....NOTHING! This is a thread about athletes and not people who pick and choose when they want to play. Try to keep your Century jaundice point of view away from ND preps. Thx.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Lighten up D-pain. People are entitled to their opinions. That's what this forum is all about. We're all jaundiced towards our home teams.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby janobilly20 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:12 pm

D-Pain wrote:
janobilly20 wrote:
D-Pain wrote:

No, im not forgetting about that either. Elgie was the west region football player of the year and is a great basketball player, not to mention his best sport...Baseball. No offense to wentz, but what did he do this winter? Oh yeah....NOTHING! This is a thread about athletes and not people who pick and choose when they want to play. Try to keep your Century jaundice point of view away from ND preps. Thx.

uhh he only lifted, look at wentz' football stats to elgies....they're twice as better if not more. and i believe in baseball the other day, wentz' struck out elgie twice...good way to prepare for kansas, and the only reason wentz didnt play hockey like he did his sophomore year is so he doesnt injure is ACL again. why not concentrate on the sports he's going to do and not risk injury? plus wentz doesnt cry and whine like elgie does in every game he plays, hes an athlete that respects his opponents and is classy. so try to keep your minot jaundice point of view away from ND preps.
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:26 pm

How about we throw some props out to our boys and still respect others opinions? That's what ND preps is about.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics