Not Being Able To Paint Up

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Not Being Able To Paint Up

Postby ND Z Scout » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:02 pm

Whatever happened to the good ole days when kids could paint up for high school games? I think schools are starting to become ridiculous about rules and regulations. Any ideas why the Board did this and how it has effected spirit?
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Not Being Able To Paint Up

Postby baller01 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:18 pm

ND Z Scout wrote:Whatever happened to the good ole days when kids could paint up for high school games? I think schools are starting to become ridiculous about rules and regulations. Any ideas why the Board did this and how it has effected spirit?

Tell me about it. Girls volleyball regionals couple of guys and I did it. Guy made us put our shirts back on.We put in a lot of work painting our stomachs and chests and couldn't even do it. Plus the paint itched the whole time we sat there, haha.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:22 pm

must be something about just high schoolers cant do it cuz i remember going to games and little kids were lined up on the baseline spelling the schools nickname. i guess when kids do its cute but when high school students do it its immature and disgusting...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby im lovin it » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:23 pm

i have heard that students cant do it because they would spell "not very nice" things. I also heard that some parents didnt like it because some of the kids were a little bigger and showing a little more then what they wanted to see.
im lovin it

Postby baseball » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:38 pm

im lovin it wrote:i have heard that students cant do it because they would spell "not very nice" things. I also heard that some parents didnt like it because some of the kids were a little bigger and showing a little more then what they wanted to see.

discrimination????

so not every kid has a perfect body with a rock hard 6 pack....that means they cant show school spirit? and if the parents didnt want to see them how about they watch the game instead of the student section...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby im lovin it » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:10 pm

discrimination????

so not every kid has a perfect body with a rock hard 6 pack....that means they cant show school spirit? and if the parents didnt want to see them how about they watch the game instead of the student section...[/quote]
I agree with you 100% i think it is a very bogus rule! if the student is willing to show of his or her body like that why not?
im lovin it

Postby baseball » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:17 pm

as long as its just the shirt that they dont have it should be fine, but once they start showing up in just a thong that might be a little too far haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rkmt » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:00 pm

ND Z Scout wrote:Whatever happened to the good ole days when kids could paint up for high school games? I think schools are starting to become ridiculous about rules and regulations. Any ideas why the Board did this and how it has effected spirit?

Good or bad, it's NDHSAA rules
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:01 am

I think it all goes back to 2006 and at the state boys basketball games a kid from MPCG who was a very large young man took his shirt off and had the letter "O" painted on it for Patriots. They showed him once a little too much for it to be continued. And after seeing it banned and in his case it was a good idea.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:12 pm

i think school spirit shouldnt be squashed under rules..this seemingly pointless rule follows with the no cut off t shirt under bb jersey rule too...ok rules in some cases but again kinda pointless
ndsportsfan24

Postby PA42 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Why was it a good idea in his case cubsfan?
PA42

Postby pandabearfleece » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:21 pm

I don't think they should have an out right ban, just an alteration to the rule: no fatties
pandabearfleece
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:37 pm

pandabearfleece wrote:I don't think they should have an out right ban, just an alteration to the rule: no fatties

whos gonna be the guy to go up and say your too fat put your shirt on....?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pandabearfleece » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:04 pm

No no no, nobody would actually go up in front of everyone and tell someone they are too fat to take their shirt off, there will just be a massive scale at the entrance where everyone will be weighed and judged before being allowed to remove their shirt.
pandabearfleece
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Mustanghero » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:20 pm

If they're trying to prevent students from putting "vulgar" or "spelling dirty words" then they obviously haven't thought out the fact that they can make shirts...I myself am a bit on the heavy side but I don't care what people think about me when I have my shirt off, they should be proud of us for having school spirit, having a great self esteem, and admire our courage for putting ourselves out there...that's y I like professional & college games, they let us do stuff like that
Find a sport you love, and you'll never practice a day in your career
Mustanghero
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:34 pm

I laugh everytime i see the big guys dance at the Bulls games. obviously they dont care what people think of them being a bit bigger, but they do it to support their team. nothing is wrong with it...just politically incorrect people trying to same big people are ugly to look at without a shirt.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller030 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:11 am

i saw some guys from westhope they wore shirts cut off at there chest and painted there stomachs
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Yeah there were quite a few people painted up at the Region 8 tournament, so maybe it just depends on what the security or tournament hosts feel like allowing...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NorthDakota11 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:53 pm

We did this for five straight years when I was in high school... Big games whether it was basketball or volleyball everyone in the stands loved it! And I love to hear what the guys from Westhope did... kids aren't dumb... the saying goes "rules were meant to be broken"... but instead of breaking the rules these kids found a loop hole... it's always amazing to me that the NDHSAA spends more time dealing with things like this instead of bigger issues... like transfers and summertime drinking... They are stifling kids that are just having good CLEAN fun!
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hot Topics