COUGARS or RAPTORS???

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Which nickname would you pick??

Cougars
35%
Raptors
38%
Broken Toasters
26%

Total votes : 34

Re: COUGARS or RAPTORS???

Postby baseball » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:42 am

project-pat wrote:FINALLY...tally one up for the toasters haha

i might be willing to go to a game to see you run around dressed as a toaster...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:44 am

baseball wrote:

i might be willing to go to a game to see you run around dressed as a toaster...

alright im down, get the suit and i'll be happy to wear it haha
project-pat

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:22 pm

baseball wrote:every school is gonna have the same nickname as somebody else...Pirates, Comets, Cardinals, Lions. the only one i can think of out there being only is the Firebird of Central Praire unless someone can tell me another one, then again what else would ya get when you mix an Oriole with a Cardinal.

with that said...go Broaken Toasters, that will be the only one in the state and i will be willing to match any bet that its the only one in the country haha

I bet there is only one team named the "Squirrels!" :?
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:30 pm

i would say Maroons too but it doesnt count when its just a color.... whats the mascot for a color?? a tree i guess since tahts what Stanford uses
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:11 am

baseball wrote:i would say Maroons too but it doesnt count when its just a color.... whats the mascot for a color?? a tree i guess since tahts what Stanford uses

Stanford is the Cardnials, no idea why they have a tree
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:18 am

baseball18 wrote:
baseball wrote:i would say Maroons too but it doesnt count when its just a color.... whats the mascot for a color?? a tree i guess since tahts what Stanford uses

They aren't the Cardinals...it's actually just the Cardinal...not plural....cardinal for the color red....
project-pat

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:56 pm

project-pat wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

They aren't the Cardinals...it's actually just the Cardinal...not plural....cardinal for the color red....

yes, it is just Cardinal
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby MrFearing » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:20 am

baseball wrote:every school is gonna have the same nickname as somebody else...Pirates, Comets, Cardinals, Lions. the only one i can think of out there being only is the Firebird of Central Praire unless someone can tell me another one, then again what else would ya get when you mix an Oriole with a Cardinal.

with that said...go Broaken Toasters, that will be the only one in the state and i will be willing to match any bet that its the only one in the country haha

Midgets
Magicians
Coyotes maybe
MrFearing

Postby Olgrz » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:38 pm

baseball wrote:
project-pat wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

yes, it is just Cardinal

Stanford has no official mascot, but the Stanford Tree, a member of the Stanford Band wearing a self-designed tree costume, appears at major Stanford sports events. The Tree is based upon El Palo Alto, a redwood tree in neighboring Palo Alto that appears in the Stanford seal and athletics logo.
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:10 am

Olgrz wrote:
baseball wrote:
project-pat wrote:
baseball18 wrote:

yes, it is just Cardinal

Stanford has no official mascot, but the Stanford Tree, a member of the Stanford Band wearing a self-designed tree costume, appears at major Stanford sports events. The Tree is based upon El Palo Alto, a redwood tree in neighboring Palo Alto that appears in the Stanford seal and athletics logo.

there you have it....a school with only a color as the nickname has no mascot haha. just curious what does Divide County use, if anything?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby WhiteSnake » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:30 am

Ok, just wanted to throw this out there

Glen Ullin Hebron BEARCATS

I havent looked up bear cat on national geographic but I highly doubt there a half bear half cat runnin around some where

Sounds like it belongs in an episode of south park with Al Gore
(ManBearPig Exists!)
You're either first, or you're last
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stormtrooper » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:27 pm

baseball wrote:

haha, this is a funny topic. broken toasters haha, i can see it now, the bismarck broken toasters haha. thats a funny name. plus they have like 4 votes.
Stormtrooper

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:50 pm

WhiteSnake wrote:Ok, just wanted to throw this out there

Glen Ullin Hebron BEARCATS

I havent looked up bear cat on national geographic but I highly doubt there a half bear half cat runnin around some where

Sounds like it belongs in an episode of south park with Al Gore
(ManBearPig Exists!)

source is wikipedia....

A "Bearcat" is another name for a binturong, a sloth-like mammal from Southeast Asia.Image
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby WhiteSnake » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:46 pm

baseball wrote:
WhiteSnake wrote:Ok, just wanted to throw this out thereGlen Ullin Hebron BEARCATSI havent looked up bear cat on national geographic but I highly doubt there a half bear half cat runnin around some whereSounds like it belongs in an episode of south park with Al Gore(ManBearPig Exists!)
 source is wikipedia....A "Bearcat" is another name for a binturong, a sloth-like mammal from Southeast Asia.Image
Well I appreciate your research my friend, musta been time consumingbut I will say this... I just trapped me some BINTURONGS in western north dakota a few weeks ago.wiley little critters I tell you h'what.
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:35 pm

yea.....tough research. bout 30 second haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby WhiteSnake » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:18 pm

baseball wrote:yea.....tough research. bout 30 second haha

your mother should be proud
and im glad you can sense sarcism just from reading text :|
WhiteSnake
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:35 pm

I was just in a tournament where one of our players had a great nickname for our team....With Ourselves
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby riders » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:47 am

nobody said "Off Constantly" as a possible nickname?
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:53 pm

upcoming 3on3 team name......"Teardrops on your guitar"

DOES IT GET SWEETER?? hahah
project-pat

Postby riders » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:22 am

whats so great about that 3on3 name? im thinking it does get sweeter actually.
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Hot Topics