Valley City

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Valley City

Postby EDC » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:23 pm

What is happening with VC sports? Is Valley City Class A or B and where is it heading? Does VC have a choice?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Valley City

Postby EDC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:04 pm

EDC wrote:What is happening with VC sports? Is Valley City Class A or B and where is it heading? Does VC have a choice?

Sorry Valley City, nobody cares what you do? Maybe you should finish 2nd in AA football. That seems to gather attention.
Last edited by EDC on Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:58 pm

Has anyone been to Valley City lately?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:07 am

EDC wrote:Has anyone been to Valley City lately?

i went to the pizza corner restaraunt in like...eh...september or so. good stuff.
rep

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:06 pm

Wondering - time on my hands. I have driven past VC a thousand times and the only times I have stopped was for a sporting event. I have never just stopped in for gas or food. VC has had many great athletes - some them just recently. Enrollment is down and going further down. Maybe part of VC's problem is they are too close to Fargo. How can a business in VC thrive if the town is considered just a drive by.

Question is: Does anybody stop in VC for gas, food or to shop other than for a sporting event? Do you just drive by VC until you get to either Jamestown or Fargo?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:42 pm

EDC wrote:Wondering - time on my hands. I have driven past VC a thousand times and the only times I have stopped was for a sporting event. I have never just stopped in for gas or food. VC has had many great athletes - some them just recently. Enrollment is down and going further down. Maybe part of VC's problem is they are too close to Fargo. How can a business in VC thrive if the town is considered just a drive by.

Question is: Does anybody stop in VC for gas, food or to shop other than for a sporting event? Do you just drive by VC until you get to either Jamestown or Fargo?

I only go there for college baseball games, other than that not at all. I wouldn't mind Valley City coming down to class B because they are not good at all.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:43 pm

EDC wrote:Wondering - time on my hands. I have driven past VC a thousand times and the only times I have stopped was for a sporting event. I have never just stopped in for gas or food. VC has had many great athletes - some them just recently. Enrollment is down and going further down. Maybe part of VC's problem is they are too close to Fargo. How can a business in VC thrive if the town is considered just a drive by.

Stopped to go to the bathroom...knew I couldn't make it home to Fargo or even to Casselton.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:50 pm

rep wrote:

i went to the pizza corner restaraunt in like...eh...september or so. good stuff.

Is this the place that makes the frozen pizza that my neighbor kid sold for a fund raiser? It was great. Do they have a restaurant in VC? If so, I now have a reason to stop.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby point/center » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:45 am

the pizza pie at the restaurant is the bomb. better than the frozen and the best ever. i'm partial to the deep dish spoiler. mmmmm

indeed the only reason to spend 60 minutes in VC.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:57 am

Don't for get about the North Dakota Winter Show! Its home is in VALLEY CITY!!! 8)
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:35 am

scruffy wrote:Don't for get about the North Dakota Winter Show! Its home is in VALLEY CITY!!! 8)

feeling you. A day trip to the NDWS with din-din at Pizza Corner. Nice daily double.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:49 pm

When out east we quite often stop at Pizza Corner. The frozen version is good but doesn't do the real thing justice. Plus the kids can have a ball in the playground room.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:58 pm

I spent 2 years there, 91-93, got a B.S. from VCSU. (in addition to my degree from NDSU) anyway...........

I thought it was a pretty cool town back then. If you are from a small town in North Dakota there is enough things to do there to keep you interested. My focus was mainly on my friends, my schoolwork, and working out at Osmon fieldhouse. The town seemed to combine some of the amenities of bigger cities and the relaxed atmosphere of a typical small town. It's definetly not for everyone, especially those looking to escape living in the middle of nowhere. I'd previously lived in a suburb of Minneapolis for a year, and was tired of the bigger city attitudes that I was used to.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby EDC » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:57 pm

VC just got blown out by Maple Valley in girls basketball. What is going on with VC sports?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:29 am

EDC wrote:VC just got blown out by Maple Valley in girls basketball. What is going on with VC sports?

which just proves VC will need 6 classes added to make the State Tourneys' playoffs. Doesnt this make the VC AD realize that it's about coaches and programs than the number of classes that make a team competitive?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby MrFearing » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:47 pm

rep wrote:

Oh man

Pizza Corner's Manhandler pizza is prolly the best pizza I have ever tasted........ever
MrFearing

Postby baseball » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:02 pm

i usually hit up the tesoro station in Valley on my way through, gas, bathroom, lil snack and a beverage. but the last time i was there for a day was a basketball team camp in the summer of 05.

i wonder how many people stop at the rest area about 6 miles east of Valley as compared to the actual town when driving by haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sports guy » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:20 am

Valley is one pretty crappy town. The good thing is the Pizza Corner pizza.
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:41 am

What town do you live in? It must be pretty sweet.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:14 am

Good point Admin...I'd say it this way...there is no such thing as a bad town to live in in North Dakota. A few better than others...but our worst town is better than about the best any other state has.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsmart » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:03 pm

The taco pizza there is the best!!!!! Tons of chips tomatos, lettuce...Best around
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Moritz21 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:26 pm

EDC wrote:
EDC wrote:What is happening with VC sports? Is Valley City Class A or B and where is it heading? Does VC have a choice?

Sorry Valley City, nobody cares what you do? Maybe you should finish 2nd in AA football. That seems to gather attention.

nobody cares? i believe we are 2nd in the State for AA football right now...and we had a couple bad years. but thats all cleared up now
Moritz21
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Hot Topics