Private Schools Shouldn't be Class B!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby roughrider125 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:05 pm

Carl08 wrote:Class A JV teams would beat many class B teams just becuase they get to play against better competition everyday. They practice against their varsity players in practice that are just in another league than most Class B schools.

I'm pretty sure Mandan girls could beat most Class B boys teams
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:06 pm

roughrider125 wrote:
Carl08 wrote:Class A JV teams would beat many class B teams just becuase they get to play against better competition everyday. They practice against their varsity players in practice that are just in another league than most Class B schools.

i wouldnt say most but there are prolly a couple

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby propel23 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:16 pm

roughrider125 wrote:

girls basketball is a "Gong Show" so no one cares
propel23

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:18 pm

im curious now has it been agreed that there are some a jvs that could go to state in b?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:31 pm

what is so hard for you people to understand class b would stuggle with any class a team bcuz class a plays DEFENSE and not a pathetic zone they play hardcore in your face man defense or a tricky zone that has traps...most players in class b have never seen anything like what class a runs and for that reason most class b teams would struggle with class a teams
smart source

Postby SWsportsfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:56 pm

I believe that Class A JV teams could compete at the Class B level, but in no way could Mandan's girls team beat MOST Class B boys teams. Maybe a few (Like four or five), but no way MOST. Then again that's just my opinion, it's the right one to have, but it's still an opinion.
Last edited by SWsportsfan on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SWsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NorthDakota11 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:24 pm

roughrider125 wrote:

Roughrider.... I hope you are kidding on this one... BIGGER, Faster, Stronger... Thats what boys are...They may be the class of Girls Basketball in the state of North Dakota but I'll use this arguement...

You take the best girl in Class A basketball and put her against an average ball player from any class B school in North Dakota and he beats her everytime... We're using a men's ball of course because if she thinks she's good enough to beat a guy she can play with the ball he plays with too...
"Why did you go for two?"

"Because I couldn't go for three..." - Woody Hayes
NorthDakota11
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:11 pm

SWsportsfan wrote:I believe that Class A JV teams could compete at the Class B level, but in no way could Mandan's girls team beat MOST Class B boys teams. Maybe a few (Like four or five), but no way MOST. Then again that's just my opinion, it's the right one to have, but it's still an opinion.

I think there are four or five teams mandan could beat just because of their defense you need a good point guard to get through that press if you have anyone over 6 2 who has can make a left and right handed layup you would win

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby roughrider125 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:56 pm

okay...so i exaggerated a little, but after watching both class B districts and class A state this weekend...class A is just another level.  I will be watching class B state this weekend and hope to be suprised, but after class A state it just won't be that entertaining

P.S. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET A SHOT CLOCK!!!
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:57 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2474]roughrider125[/user] wrote:
okay...so i exaggerated a little, but after watching both class B districts and class A state this weekend...class A is just another level.  I will be watching class B state this weekend and hope to be suprised, but after class A state it just won't be that entertaining

</span>

AMEN
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:48 pm

are you kidding me.....class a on another level...give me a break......and NO GIRLS TEAM would ever beat a boys team.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby smart source » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:58 pm

DUDE CLASS A IS ON ANOTHER LEVEL THATS THE POINT!!! if you put the class a state champions against whoever will win the class b champions i guarentee the class a team wins by o ill go on the lower end and say 20....as i've been trying to say 95% of class b players havnt seen the size speed strength and defense that class a teams would throw at them...they dont ever see the full court man to man in your face press or the full court press with traps that falls into an attacking zone defense...class b players wouldnt know how to handle it and then if the class b team went and sat in those crappy 2-3 zones they would get eaten up bcuz the class a players would simple just shoot from the outside and dominate...now that being said by no means am i saying that all class a players are better than class b player bcuz for instance those twins from parshall i would butcher their last name but they could play for any class a team in the state but as a whole from class a to class b there is no comparison at all and i will willingly argue that fact with any person that wants to
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 pm

The Schwab wrote:are you kidding me.....class a on another level...give me a break......and NO GIRLS TEAM would ever beat a boys team.

i laugh when i see that because i know players from my school boys who couldnt take rogers 1 on 1 last year she made a BOY fall so i am pretty sure there are some boys teams that would lose to girls

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:53 pm

good example...New England. Their varsity(minus 2 players) got killed by a c squad.
project-pat

Postby propel23 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:08 pm

roughrider125 wrote:okay...so i exaggerated a little, but after watching both class B districts and class A state this weekend...class A is just another level.  I will be watching class B state this weekend and hope to be suprised, but after class A state it just won't be that entertaining

keywords "Class B Districts" and "Class A State" you cant compare state and districts because obviously state is going to be better.....duh....because there is still worthless teams in districts that are no good and should get the hint to stop playing.....
propel23

Postby smart source » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:54 pm

ok i watched some of the class b games 2day and i watched some of the class a games and its not even a comparison class a is much better...they shoot better dribble better pass better they are bigger and stronger and finally they PLAY DEFENSE!
smart source

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:56 pm

smart source wrote:ok i watched some of the class b games 2day and i watched some of the class a games and its not even a comparison class a is much better...they shoot better dribble better pass better they are bigger and stronger and finally they PLAY DEFENSE!

FW doesn't count haha
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:06 am

Here's a lil more on someone's opinion on three class system.

http://www.areavoices.com/bakken/?blog=7154
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:10 am

cdub1 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:are you kidding me.....class a on another level...give me a break......and NO GIRLS TEAM would ever beat a boys team.

i laugh when i see that because i know players from my school boys who couldnt take rogers 1 on 1 last year she made a BOY fall so i am pretty sure there are some boys teams that would lose to girls

difference between a 1 on 1 game and a 5 on 5 game.  i know for a fact there are girls who can beat boys but i have to agree that the girls TEAM will never beat a boys TEAM.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 am

baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

difference between a 1 on 1 game and a 5 on 5 game.  i know for a fact there are girls who can beat boys but i have to agree that the girls TEAM will never beat a boys TEAM.

i was tryin to make a point but i dont think i can get the mandan girls team to play hmb or a bad team like that but after watchin them both play numerous games i think mandan wins by more than 10

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:52 am

baseball wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

and just since u said girls team let me take the class a lions all stars against hmb and the lions all stars would win by about 20 or so not only having a height advantage with steffan and kielpinski but more skilled guards

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 am

Have any of you seen the sports stories that involve college students (males) scrimmaging against the women's team of various schools.

I know a few guys that do this at NDSU.  The guys aren't bad players most started for their HS teams but generally they weren't recruited to play college BB.  They beat the women's team consistently.  They are quicker and stronger.  The women are generally better shooters.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby helloyall » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:47 pm

i agree with you 100%

[user=178]the dynasty[/user] wrote:
I strongly disagree with you.  There is no advantage at all.  The schools that you mentioned are not any bigger then the average class B school.  The students dont go there for athletics or to be class B, they go there for the Religious based education.  
go twins
helloyall
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Alumni » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:45 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:So when Dickinson Trinity went and got Kimball Fouatea if thats how you spell his name out of the correctional facility a few years ago to play football for the Titans was he going there for Religious Reasons....I'll say that I believe these schools do belong in class B still but they do have advantages at times...

You should check your facts before posting. Kimball was only allowed to finish his high school career at Trinity and was on a sort of a "probation". He had to walk to and from school everyday only being allowed rides from facility officers if the weather was bad. If he messed up he would be kicked out immediately. Trinity actually did him a favor by allowing a person in a correctional facility to attend a private school.
Alumni
NDPreps Rookie

Postby grizz » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:47 pm

Alumni wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:So when Dickinson Trinity went and got Kimball Fouatea if thats how you spell his name out of the correctional facility a few years ago to play football for the Titans was he going there for Religious Reasons....I'll say that I believe these schools do belong in class B still but they do have advantages at times...

You should check your facts before posting. Kimball was only allowed to finish his high school career at Trinity and was on a sort of a "probation". He had to walk to and from school everyday only being allowed rides from facility officers if the weather was bad. If he messed up he would be kicked out immediately. Trinity actually did him a favor by allowing a person in a correctional facility to attend a private school.

He actually had to move here from Hawaii because he got in some pretty big trouble down there. Yeah Kimbal was on a very strict schedule. He stopped at Subway once (its on the way to the correctional facility) and I think they even threatened to send him home.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hot Topics