Private Schools Shouldn't be Class B!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:55 am

point/center wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:This is why I think ND finally needs to go to a three class system.  Put the large A schools in the top division.....the smaller A schools, the private schools, and the larger B schools in a second division.....and the rest in a third. 

what about just moving private schools from Class A towns into Class A?
I like that idea, would never happen though.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballcrasher » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:02 am

How about this three class system:

Class A: as is now

Class B: current minus Beulah and Hazen

Class Whiners: Beulah and Hazen: these are the two schools who are most adamantly backing the three class system...give them what they want, then every year, one of them will be a state champ.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballcrasher » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:15 am

grizz wrote:
bballcrasher wrote:Sorry, not a Murphy, never went to Trinity, never paid Tuition, as I'm pretty certain ALL students at trinity do.

All students DO pay tuition. There is a work study program to help out kids who want to go to Trinity but can't afford the costs. I don't think there has ever been a kid who went to Trinity and hasn't paid their tuiton.  

Yes, I said I didn't pay tuition because I didn't attend Trinity. Then I said I'm certain all Trinity students DO pay tuition. Please do not read between the lines.
Mediocrity always discriminates excellance.
bballcrasher
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:48 am

bballcrasher wrote:
grizz wrote:
bballcrasher wrote:Sorry, not a Murphy, never went to Trinity, never paid Tuition, as I'm pretty certain ALL students at trinity do.

All students DO pay tuition. There is a work study program to help out kids who want to go to Trinity but can't afford the costs. I don't think there has ever been a kid who went to Trinity and hasn't paid their tuiton.  

Yes, I said I didn't pay tuition because I didn't attend Trinity. Then I said I'm certain all Trinity students DO pay tuition. Please do not read between the lines.

I was supporting your statement
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:50 am

ndlionsfan wrote:This is why I think ND finally needs to go to a three class system.  Put the large A schools in the top division.....the smaller A schools, the private schools, and the larger B schools in a second division.....and the rest in a third. 

So basically, every school in the top class would go to state every year. There are only 16 teams in class A right now, and its easy enough for them to make it to state. Why would anyone want to make it any easier?
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby cityleaguer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:06 pm

grizz wrote:

So basically, every school in the top class would go to state every year. There are only 16 teams in class A right now, and its easy enough for them to make it to state. Why would anyone want to make it any easier?

I like the fact that you make it seem soo easy to make it to state in class A and there are 18 teams. Just because there's only 16 in the region tournaments doesn't mean 8 going to state is easy.  Before Dickinson won their first title in 2003, they hadn't been to state since 1989.  The fact is, a team needs to win 2 out of 3 in the WDA or EDC against high quality class A teams.  If you have to play Minot Bismarck and Williston you can see where it's no walk in the park....like playing BEACH HETTINGER or PARSHALL or something!

Oh and a side note for those that think any Class B team could compete in class A, Trinity would probably be one of the 2 teams left out for WDA or EDC, and guys like Tony Ironheart or whoever, would have their tails between their legs averaging maybe 6 or 7 a game! I think Belcourt could roll through Class B this season probably undefeated.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dukefan32 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:12 pm

YOUNGWONDER911 wrote:it is definatley the school size that matters, shiloh, might be big enough, however Dickinson trinity is definitly not

I agree, also Minot Ryan is way too small.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:56 pm

the only reason class B state is so popular is cause everyone knows everyone and the whole town comes to watch.  It's not the bball cause if it was everyone would have a big party before state A and go watch those games...they're just at another level

I can't wait for the replies to this one!:D
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:49 pm

Wouldn't you rather go watch someone you know?

Calss B isn't as enjoyable when the private schools go because the rest of B world doesn't have a connection.  Of course it is social, i had an uncle who went to 27 consecutive state B tourneys.  He was from minot .
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby propel23 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:13 am

TNT wrote:Don't some private schools give so called free rides to kids that are good in sports?

with all do respect that is probably the dumbest thing ive heard today.....you give me one name and ill believe you but chances are you wont think of anyone....and so you guys are also saying our redeemers should be class A??? yea ok... the only reason you guys want Ryan and Trinity in A is because they are good and can win which obviously from the sounds of you guys your struggling with that and you need something to blame it on....wow thats sad. theres no reason Trinity or Ryan should be class A because it goes by enrollment not talent. so think about that.
propel23

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:35 am

cityleaguer wrote:
grizz wrote:

I like the fact that you make it seem soo easy to make it to state in class A and there are 18 teams. Just because there's only 16 in the region tournaments doesn't mean 8 going to state is easy.  Before Dickinson won their first title in 2003, they hadn't been to state since 1989.  The fact is, a team needs to win 2 out of 3 in the WDA or EDC against high quality class A teams.  If you have to play Minot Bismarck and Williston you can see where it's no walk in the park....like playing BEACH HETTINGER or PARSHALL or something!

Oh and a side note for those that think any Class B team could compete in class A, Trinity would probably be one of the 2 teams left out for WDA or EDC, and guys like Tony Ironheart or whoever, would have their tails between their legs averaging maybe 6 or 7 a game! I think Belcourt could roll through Class B this season probably undefeated.
It makes it a heck of alot easier.....you only have to win 2 games when your "regionals, or whatever you wanna call them" to make it to state......in class B you have to win 2 games at least to make regionals, 3 in a row to make it to state against good teams......how many times in the last 10 years has a team with a loosing record made it to state A....my guess is more then triple the number of teams that have had a loosing record in class B......The competition at state class B is so much better, because most of the teams in the field on a normal year have less than 5 losses.......but that's right...class A is way better.......GOOD ONE.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:34 am

The Schwab wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
grizz wrote:

It makes it a heck of alot easier.....you only have to win 2 games when your "regionals, or whatever you wanna call them" to make it to state......in class B you have to win 2 games at least to make regionals, 3 in a row to make it to state against good teams......how many times in the last 10 years has a team with a loosing record made it to state A....my guess is more then triple the number of teams that have had a loosing record in class B......The competition at state class B is so much better, because most of the teams in the field on a normal year have less than 5 losses.......but that's right...class A is way better.......GOOD ONE.

Are you really arguing that class B is better than A. Try again. And I really don't think a team with a losing record has gone to state in the last 10 years, I could be wrong though. Granted I do believe it is harder for a team in class B to win a title, they have to win at least 8 of 9 games and the last 6 in a row to be champs. However, in class A you have to win 5 of the last 6 games to win a title which isn't easy either, when you're dealing with huge schools like Fargo and Bismarck.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby propel23 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:11 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
grizz wrote:

Are you really arguing that class B is better than A. Try again. And I really don't think a team with a losing record has gone to state in the last 10 years, I could be wrong though. Granted I do believe it is harder for a team in class B to win a title, they have to win at least 8 of 9 games and the last 6 in a row to be champs. However, in class A you have to win 5 of the last 6 games to win a title which isn't easy either, when you're dealing with huge schools like Fargo and Bismarck.

that doesnt make sense some small towns have just as good as teams. good point schwab on what you said before that other guy 
propel23

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:24 pm

propel23 wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
cityleaguer wrote:
grizz wrote:

that doesnt make sense some small towns have just as good as teams. good point schwab on what you said before that other guy 

what doesn't make sense? And which team are as good as who? Your statement doesn't make sense!

cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:12 pm

there have been alot of instances where the state champion for b would beat the state champion for a.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:20 pm

The Schwab wrote:there have been alot of instances where the state champion for b would beat the state champion for a.

the only ones that would've ever had a chance were the MPCG teams of the late 90's, and not the one in 2003!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:30 pm

1. 1988 Edinburg
2. 1995 Carrington
3. 1996 MPCG
4. 1997 MPCG
5. 2000 or 2001 I cant remember the exact year North Border
6. 2002 MPCG
7. 2003 MPCG
8. 2005 New Rockford
9. 2006 Trinity
10. Who ever wins it this year.

GO CLASS B
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:39 pm

The Schwab wrote:1. 1988 Edinburg
2. 1995 Carrington
3. 1996 MPCG
4. 1997 MPCG
6. 2002 MPCG
7. 2003 MPCG
8. 2005 New Rockford
9. 2006 Trinity

GO CLASS B

I just wet my pants laughing, who are you, a birthday clown? a comedian? what? Trinity played DHS in the preseason of last year and were pounded by over 20, and that's just what the trinity players told me, plus DHS didn't even go to state last year. MPCG in 2003 is also a joke. DHS' team that year won state and had 4 guys at or above 6'5"!

Can anyone including other Class B fans that are not out of their minds back me on this! There's no way a sane person can think Class B has had better teams for the last 10 yrs in a row!

people need to take a moment to gather themselves before they write stuff like this on this site! SCHWAB if you're near a phone, dial 911, and tell them you're having some sort of a crisis in your life.....PLEASE, help yourself!
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:57 pm

I hear all these people wine about how they killed by DT so they should go class A and then hear the same exact people say how class b can beat class A no the talent level is much deeper our top players are as good as the top A players most years but our top teams would be average is Belcourt came down they would be a tough not an amazing class b team just as beulah did a bottom class A team....granted any team can beat any team on a given night but saying that those teams could for sure beat a class a champ is absurd because we'll never know granted those were very good teams though
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wrestler » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:26 pm

cityleaguer wrote:
The Schwab wrote:1. 1988 Edinburg
2. 1995 Carrington
3. 1996 MPCG
4. 1997 MPCG
6. 2002 MPCG
7. 2003 MPCG
8. 2005 New Rockford
9. 2006 Trinity

GO CLASS B

I just wet my pants laughing, who are you, a birthday clown? a comedian? what? Trinity played DHS in the preseason of last year and were pounded by over 20, and that's just what the trinity players told me, plus DHS didn't even go to state last year. MPCG in 2003 is also a joke. DHS' team that year won state and had 4 guys at or above 6'5"!

Can anyone including other Class B fans that are not out of their minds back me on this! There's no way a sane person can think Class B has had better teams for the last 10 yrs in a row!

people need to take a moment to gather themselves before they write stuff like this on this site! SCHWAB if you're near a phone, dial 911, and tell them you're having some sort of a crisis in your life.....PLEASE, help yourself!

The schwab is stumped.  No way in the past 100 years would the class b champ beat the class A champ.  Not even close.

You need to quit nippen on that corn cider your brewin.  I watch your perrenial powerhouse Trinity every year and their level of play is not like class A.    

Hey, guess why class B records are good at state tourney time.  Cuz they don't have any competion til they get to state. 

The Randy Moss avatar makes more sense now.
Last edited by Wrestler on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wrestler
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:46 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1628]cityleaguer[/user] wrote:
The Schwab wrote:there have been alot of instances where the state champion for b would beat the state champion for a.

the only ones that would've ever had a chance were the MPCG teams of the late 90's, and not the one in 2003!
</span>

I agree that the late 90's MPCG teams are class B's best CHANCE, but they still would have to be able to beat Nick Jacobson and Shanley to prove the point those years. Not an easy feat.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:41 am

shs01240 wrote:<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1628]cityleaguer[/user] wrote:

</span>

I agree that the late 90's MPCG teams are class B's best CHANCE, but they still would have to be able to beat Nick Jacobson and Shanley to prove the point those years. Not an easy feat.

good point, and if I'm not mistaken.......Valley City with Jeff Boschee?
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:39 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=12]SCC[/user] wrote:
Yeah, but MPCG did beat Shanley one of those years when both teams won their respective state titles.  It DID happen.  Would it happen all those years that were listed above?  No.
</span>

Was jacobson on that team that lost that game?
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:49 am

Alright....I know that i got a little bit carried away with my list....but i'm sick and tired of saying that Class A would crush Class B......But two of those teams on my list are legit....1996 and 1997 MPCG Patriots IMO were the greatest bball team to ever come out of ND A or B.....and yes they did beat Shanley in the Shanley Holiday Tourney.....and if i'm not mistaken it was pretty convincing.........and that team started all 5 guys 6'5 or taller.....a team like that only comes arround once in a great while in the history of ND.....so I wish that all of the people who bash class b would just lay off........
Last edited by The Schwab on Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby cityleaguer » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:05 am

Like I said, I give credit to those MPCG teams, but other than that it's hard to convince me. Just like it's hard to go from watching the class A championship on TV, then the next week watch a Class B tournament.
cityleaguer
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics