Langdon recruiting

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby fbinnd » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:37 am

When anyone brings suspicion and scrutiny to the world of high school athletics, the atmosphere is tarnished.  Now, when anyone wins a state title, the first thing we'll be looking for is who shouldn't be on the team, or how the players ended up there.  There will be a measure of suspicion of everyone because of Langdon.

A one-year suspension cannot give our state's athletics their integrity back.  It takes a harsher sentence to prove that schools shouldn't take chances like Langdon did.  Without that sentence, the fans will regard the penalty for recruiting as handslapping.  That's not what we needed.
fbinnd

Postby cubsfan » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:56 am

fbinnd wrote:When anyone brings suspicion and scrutiny to the world of high school athletics, the atmosphere is tarnished.  Now, when anyone wins a state title, the first thing we'll be looking for is who shouldn't be on the team, or how the players ended up there.  There will be a measure of suspicion of everyone because of Langdon.

A one-year suspension cannot give our state's athletics their integrity back.  It takes a harsher sentence to prove that schools shouldn't take chances like Langdon did.  Without that sentence, the fans will regard the penalty for recruiting as handslapping.  That's not what we needed.

fbinnd I totally agree with you.  Langdon got let off easily.  But the NDHSAA has made their decision and that is final.  I believe you have gotten your point across loud and clear.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:12 am

fbinnd wrote:When anyone brings suspicion and scrutiny to the world of high school athletics, the atmosphere is tarnished.  Now, when anyone wins a state title, the first thing we'll be looking for is who shouldn't be on the team, or how the players ended up there.  There will be a measure of suspicion of everyone because of Langdon.

your entire arguement about sanctions is subjective to what you feel is 'just' punishement

This is like arguing about how a 3 class system will save Valley City High School sports or if NDHSAA makes decisions in some backroom.

As I've said, if you dont' agree with it you should run for the board(where you can impact future decisions) not post on this board(which may psychologically make you feel better).
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:20 am

point/center wrote:

your entire arguement about sanctions is subjective to what you feel is 'just' punishement

This is like arguing about how a 3 class system will save Valley City High School sports or if NDHSAA makes decisions in some backroom.

As I've said, if you dont' agree with it you should run for the board(where you can impact future decisions) not post on this board(which may psychologically make you feel better).

Its just really hard to take what FBINND says seriously hes taking this and making it seem as if ND HS sports is the biggest deal and if I'm wrong about that point then why are you on here every other day writing paragraphs about it?? He probably thinks hes really smart and feels he is making amazing points but he is not. 

What whould be a just punishment?? banning the students from post-season play because their coach recruited I agree the coach cannot say he didn't know he was recruiting it was wrong a year suspencion is fine it should've been along the lines of not being able to coach for a couple more I think but banning the school and athletes is not the way to go about it. 
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:27 am

Ok first i dont know everything about this situation, but what has NDHSAA done to prevent this from happening again, NOTHING in my opinion, so now when another school does this will they get probation and the coach gone for a year. I BET NOT!!!!! They will punish the future athletes!!!! And that would be wrong if they did after not doing so the first time, but the NDHSAA is not even handed. If there is certain school(s) that do this u know it will be year out of post season. As much as i hate to see a kid lose a chance at post season , they needed to put the hammer down now. Who will pay some kids from another school when it happens, cuz they eventually will have to put the hammer down. Cuz it wont stop with this type of punishment. here is my edit part , lol, i c that the girls from munich cant play in Langdon unless they move, so that is somewhat of a compromise, and maybe the right way to go, but it is a tough topic to make a decision.
Last edited by magic715 on Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
magic715

Re: Langdon recruiting

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:04 pm

so I am out of the loop but obviously the girls were allowed to have a season if they are in the state tournament. Could someone fill in the blanks for me? thanks
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:07 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:so I am out of the loop but obviously the girls were allowed to have a season if they are in the state tournament. Could someone fill in the blanks for me? thanks

The NDHSAA said they could have their post season if they fired their coach...so they did
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 9manfootballmom » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:34 pm

THanks BAller I get it now. What a mess.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:35 pm

Saw Langdon play today. I've changed my mind on part of this. They deserve to be at state. Great team, huge defense, very balanced offensively, and now riding an 11 match winning streak.

That being said, I still think the original coaches should serve a 3 year ban in ND. Who would even think about committing a recruiting violation with a team like that? You don't need anymore weapons.
fbinnd

Postby cubsfan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:29 pm

fbinnd wrote:Saw Langdon play today. I've changed my mind on part of this. They deserve to be at state. Great team, huge defense, very balanced offensively, and now riding an 11 match winning streak.

That being said, I still think the original coaches should serve a 3 year ban in ND. Who would even think about committing a recruiting violation with a team like that? You don't need anymore weapons.

fbinnd WOW!! You just changed your mind in one day about something you have been preaching for the last 6 months. That just doesn't make sense to me. But I am guessing this might be your last post so have a nice day.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fbinnd » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:28 pm

Ah come on! You can't get banned for that!
fbinnd

Postby ndfan » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:33 pm

fbinnd wrote:Ah come on! You can't get banned for that!

Couldn't find anything banable but i did delete the hot part, don't need this subject to get about if some girl is hot or not. sorry
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Hot Topics