recruiting

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:01 am

we can talk about it here because it probably wont get locked then

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:04 am

i think moving to a better school is going to get you noticed by more colleges people are arguing with me so let's get that argument going i liked arguing that one

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:06 am

oh and from the other topic i do think knife will get 20 a game playing for bottineau they wont have much competition and could easily average 80-100 points per game especially with her style of play and the ways she can score she will dominate

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:42 am

why do some keep mentioning that ms. knife left belcourt for a certain reason, but then fails to say what the reason is?  I think if you act like you know the reason for her transferring, then you should just say it.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:55 am

hoop_fan1 wrote:why do some keep mentioning that ms. knife left belcourt for a certain reason, but then fails to say what the reason is?  I think if you act like you know the reason for her transferring, then you should just say it.

i am not going to act like i know but the person on here who would sais it is a family reason so i will believe that person

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:22 am

just wondering....but how come every topic you start is jsut an invitation to argue with you??  you even put it in the title, stuff like "lets hear yoru arguement"....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:33 am

baseball wrote:just wondering....but how come every topic you start is jsut an invitation to argue with you??  you even put it in the title, stuff like "lets hear yoru arguement"....

i like to argue most of all but mostly this one i would have left alone but they just moved the argument to a different topic after it got locked and i was being challenged and im not going to back down on a difference of opinion

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:58 am

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:just wondering....but how come every topic you start is jsut an invitation to argue with you??  you even put it in the title, stuff like "lets hear yoru arguement"....

i like to argue most of all but mostly this one i would have left alone but they just moved the argument to a different topic after it got locked and i was being challenged and im not going to back down on a difference of opinion

im not saying its bad or anything, i respect the fact that your gonna speak your mind and not care about what anyone thinks im the same way...just thought id mention that cuz ti seems like it but its fine
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:42 pm

So what are you trying to argue here with recruiting?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:21 pm

ndfan wrote:So what are you trying to argue here with recruiting?

i am not going to start a new argument be we had one going in the topic knife to bottineau so i thought we would continue it here instead of invading another topic

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:30 pm

[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:
ndfan wrote:So what are you trying to argue here with recruiting?

i am not going to start a new argument be we had one going in the topic knife to bottineau so i thought we would continue it here instead of invading another topic

o ok have fun
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mr. Me Too » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:49 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:why do some keep mentioning that ms. knife left belcourt for a certain reason, but then fails to say what the reason is?  I think if you act like you know the reason for her transferring, then you should just say it.

theres not some mentioning it...others have no clue why she left and only knife and family know...as being really close to shaunna i know the reason, and it's up to shaunna if she wants people to know...so if you really wanna know your gonna have to travel miles and miles to ask knife herself lol
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:19 am

CDUB believes that kids transfer so they can get more attention for college. 

The problem here is that cdub tried to explain that Shaunna Knife could expect to get better attention by transferring to Bottineau from Belcourt, since Bottineau would be a winning team, and Belcourt would not.

Then, someone mentioned that there were "other reasons" for the move, and cdub quickly embraced that, so he wouldn't be beaten like a rented mule over his comments on Knife.

Facts are that cdub claimed that Knife would get more attention from college coaches by transferring to Bottineau and getting some wins.  That's crap.  Knife would get more attention by staying in Belcourt and playing class A schools in the WDA.  CDUB claims that Knife's 20 points and 10 rebounds will look better on a winning team that appears to have more balance.  He completely missed the fact that Knife's 20 points and 10 boards will be much more impressive if he is on a team playing Mandan, Century, Bismarck High, and so on.

In other words, cdub started a new thread, but he failed to bring the last thread with him so we can show his misstep.  Can kids transfer to get more attention?  Sure, but that transfer would be from a small B to a large B or a B to an A, in each case, the media attention naturally increases.  This particular transfer we are discussing, Knife from Belcourt to Bottineau, has no potential to get Knife any additional attention from coaches.  This thread is nothing more than CDUB running from an argument he has lost.  So he has tried to change the context by starting over.

CDUB, you're not getting off the hook that easily.
fbinnd

Postby baseball » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:41 am

fbinnd wrote:CDUB believes that kids transfer so they can get more attention for college. 

The problem here is that cdub tried to explain that Shaunna Knife could expect to get better attention by transferring to Bottineau from Belcourt, since Bottineau would be a winning team, and Belcourt would not.

Then, someone mentioned that there were "other reasons" for the move, and cdub quickly embraced that, so he wouldn't be beaten like a rented mule over his comments on Knife.

Facts are that cdub claimed that Knife would get more attention from college coaches by transferring to Bottineau and getting some wins.  That's crap.  Knife would get more attention by staying in Belcourt and playing class A schools in the WDA.  CDUB claims that Knife's 20 points and 10 rebounds will look better on a winning team that appears to have more balance.  He completely missed the fact that Knife's 20 points and 10 boards will be much more impressive if he is on a team playing Mandan, Century, Bismarck High, and so on.

In other words, cdub started a new thread, but he failed to bring the last thread with him so we can show his misstep.  Can kids transfer to get more attention?  Sure, but that transfer would be from a small B to a large B or a B to an A, in each case, the media attention naturally increases.  This particular transfer we are discussing, Knife from Belcourt to Bottineau, has no potential to get Knife any additional attention from coaches.  This thread is nothing more than CDUB running from an argument he has lost.  So he has tried to change the context by starting over.

you are the man.......
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:23 am

fbinnd wrote:CDUB believes that kids transfer so they can get more attention for college. 

People do transfer schools sometimes to get more attention. Mr. Me Too who has very close ties to the Knife family says it was for other reasons. The fact of that matter is is that Bottineau is the most recognizable school when it comes to girls basketball and personally, the last two years, I'd take Bottineau against any class A school except Mandan. Bottineau is a better girls team then Belcourt. They just happen to be a smaller school.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mr. Me Too » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:13 am

baller01 wrote:

People do transfer schools sometimes to get more attention. Mr. Me Too who has very close ties to the Knife family says it was for other reasons. The fact of that matter is is that Bottineau is the most recognizable school when it comes to girls basketball and personally, the last two years, I'd take Bottineau against any class A school except Mandan. Bottineau is a better girls team then Belcourt. They just happen to be a smaller school.

Bottineau is one of the top girl teams in the state in both Class B and Class A...they are the top dawg in the Class B ranks and would above average in Class A...Knife didn't really need anymore exposure, she did that in her first 2 years at belcourt but mainly her first when nobody knew how to stop her...I can tell you why shaunna knife left Belcourt, She left because the coaching relationship with the players had became more buddy like and the girls really had no respect for there coach as a coach, they seen him as a friend...it's good to be friends when ur a coach, but you also have to realize being friends with your players isn't good...and also players were complaining about playin' time and it got parents involved and Shaunna was supposedly the main reason they weren't playin', well thats not shaunna's fault for them not playin' its there own and they didn't realize that, so shaunna and her family decided to give the kids parents what they wanted so there daughters could play and be the "STAR" for belcourt...and she never got any recognition from the school being awards, statiscally she was the best player on that team, statiscally she lead in just about ever stat belcourt had, and she got nothing, thats another reason why she left belcourt...but it didnt' really bother Shaunna, because who needs school awards when your being recognized by the whole state as a All-Region player and a darn close All-State player...
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:50 am

Whatever the deal with Knife, this thread, and my post in it, is about transferring for attention purposes.  Perhaps I can clarify my position with a list about what I'm thinking:

1.  Knife did not transfer to get attention from college coaches.  This would appear to have been confirmed by Me Too.

2.  CDUB suggested early that this transfer would lead to more college attention on Knife.  It will not.

3.  Kids that are good enough to play at the DI level do not need to play anywhere but where they play.  DI coaches will find them.

4.  If a person were to transfer for attention purposes, a transfer from Belcourt to Bottineau would not be the right direction. 

I don't care if Knife transferred because Bottineau's uniforms are prettier.  It was not to get attention from college coaches, there will be no added attention, and CDUB was flat out wrong.  Baller bailed him out, albeit unintentionally, by closing the original thread and allowing CDUB to start a new one with no background info.
fbinnd

Postby baller01 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:49 am

fbinnd wrote:Whatever the deal with Knife, this thread, and my post in it, is about transferring for attention purposes.  Perhaps I can clarify my position with a list about what I'm thinking:

1.  Knife did not transfer to get attention from college coaches.  This would appear to have been confirmed by Me Too.

2.  CDUB suggested early that this transfer would lead to more college attention on Knife.  It will not.

3.  Kids that are good enough to play at the DI level do not need to play anywhere but where they play.  DI coaches will find them.

4.  If a person were to transfer for attention purposes, a transfer from Belcourt to Bottineau would not be the right direction. 

I don't care if Knife transferred because Bottineau's uniforms are prettier.  It was not to get attention from college coaches, there will be no added attention, and CDUB was flat out wrong.  Baller bailed him out, albeit unintentionally, by closing the original thread and allowing CDUB to start a new one with no background info.

Ok it is pretty obvious to everyone on this site that you are a very sour parent who is extremelely worried about playin Bottineau next year. CDUB never said that Knife WAS transferring for attention. He just said some people do and that Knife MAY be transferring for that reason. You are correct when you say D1 coaches will find you no matter where you play if you are good enough. The fact is, playing at Bottineau would make it easier. I would much rather play for Bottineau then Belcourt if I was trying to get noticed. Belcourt very seldom gets any recognition because of where they are located and because they hardly ever make a state tournament. Bottineau has won state the last two years and when it comes to girls basketball in ND, Bottineau and Mandan are the two most recognizeable teams. You need to lay off CDUB and Knife for transferring. Instead of sitting on here complaining maybe you should have your girls working on there game so it won't matter who Bottineau has on there team next year...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:37 pm

hahahha one of the stupidest things i have ever read i started the thread to continue the argument elsewhere mr me too knows more about shaunna moving then every other person on the board so i am going to go with what he sais so i will embrace it because he is right but if you simply want to argue that she wont get more college exposure i will gladly argue with you about that let's see here knife would have played a good team four times a year in class a (bismarck and mandan) so class b might have close to as good as competition she will win state in class b wasn't going to happen in class a she will dominate class b more than she would in a all of these things are true so i do not see her getting better offers staying in class a and having good numbers on a team in the lower middle of the wda compared to dominating on the number 1 team in class b for the next 2 years if i am scouting a player i am not going to go look for the girl who is getting 20 a game on the team that is 2-9 that looks like she is part of the reason they lose by shooting too much (obviously that is not directed at shaunna knife because she is a very good player but i am talking about players in general) i am not sure which one of you argued with me about how coaches look at defense well she has great defense and they will realize that when they watch her in the state championship game next year they will see her leadership and all the other great qualities she has and more coaches are going to be watching a state championship game than a regular game at tmhs that's true isn't it wierd...i will take this argument 1 on 5 and i do not think i am going to lose

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fbinnd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:38 pm

Um......yeah, not a parent, of players or otherwise, (that means I don't have kids, Baller01, since you're a bit slower than the rest), and Bottineau is not an opponent that can be seen at any point of the season (that means class A Baller01, since you're a little slower than the rest).

As I said last post, I don't care about why Knife transferred.  But I do know that transferring gives you no further appeal to a college than if you stayed put.  If your big transfer is to Bottineau to gain college coaches favor, than the only thing big about the situation is your perspective.  Pat Summit doesn't care if you play for Blabon, Bowdon, Belfield, Bottineau, or Belcourt.  If you're putting up 20 and 10, her next question will be, "Can you do it in the SEC?"  If your 20 and 10 is against Dunseith, Westhope-Newberg, and Drake-Anamoose, it will not compare to 20 and 10 against Mandan, Century, and Bismarck High.  The defenses are too much better, and the shotclock makes an interesting bridge between high school and college.

I hate to say it, but if you're scoring 20 and 10 in a class B, and you move and do it in a class A, that would get you added attention.  Not the other way around.  No matter the reason, wins and losses, relationships with coaches, relationships between coaches and other players, whatever, EVEN IF THE TRANSFER IS TOTALLY LEGITIMATE, this will not reflect well with college coaches, as CDUB claimed.  It will be break even at best, probably a negative.
fbinnd

Postby cdub1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:40 pm

fbinnd wrote:Whatever the deal with Knife, this thread, and my post in it, is about transferring for attention purposes.  Perhaps I can clarify my position with a list about what I'm thinking:

point 1 you are right
point 2 you are not right
point 3 you are not right
point 4 i disagree with entirely how many players can you name from last year's belcourt team 1 or 2 now bottineau 5 or 6

i do not remember saying why knife transferred i said by transferring she will get increased attention playing on a great team (why do people transfer to mandan?????)

just by being good doesn't get a coach to come watch you coaches check out summer aau tourneys if you dont play aau noone will know about you from summer now for school coach a goes to watch elene delle donna play and you have a good game look at that you are going to go d1 somewhere because even if they don't want you they might call a buddy and have them take you (jordan from marist is an example of this i believe is his name) now let's say you are they player that went d1 by playing elena delle donne and doing good but you live in north dakota and you are playing against alex and sarah feeney a d1 coach probably isn't going to be at that game and let's say you still have the great game no coach was there to see it and you aren't going d1 so location does matter much more than you would think
Last edited by cdub1 on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:00 pm

I can think of a good example would have to be tyler fetting from HMB put up awesome numbers got killed in the lions game I can't really say how hes doing go college personally but a friend from the team told me hes not really doing so hot
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:09 pm

dominationSCS wrote:I can think of a good example would have to be tyler fetting from HMB put up awesome numbers got killed in the lions game I can't really say how hes doing go college personally but a friend from the team told me hes not really doing so hot

what exactly do you mean a good example of a player who what? was his team good give me some more details if you can

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:50 pm

fbinnd wrote:Um......yeah, not a parent, of players or otherwise, (that means I don't have kids, Baller01, since you're a bit slower than the rest), and Bottineau is not an opponent that can be seen at any point of the season (that means class A Baller01, since you're a little slower than the rest).

As I said last post, I don't care about why Knife transferred.  But I do know that transferring gives you no further appeal to a college than if you stayed put.  If your big transfer is to Bottineau to gain college coaches favor, than the only thing big about the situation is your perspective.  Pat Summit doesn't care if you play for Blabon, Bowdon, Belfield, Bottineau, or Belcourt.  If you're putting up 20 and 10, her next question will be, "Can you do it in the SEC?"  If your 20 and 10 is against Dunseith, Westhope-Newberg, and Drake-Anamoose, it will not compare to 20 and 10 against Mandan, Century, and Bismarck High.  The defenses are too much better, and the shotclock makes an interesting bridge between high school and college.

I hate to say it, but if you're scoring 20 and 10 in a class B, and you move and do it in a class A, that would get you added attention.  Not the other way around.  No matter the reason, wins and losses, relationships with coaches, relationships between coaches and other players, whatever, EVEN IF THE TRANSFER IS TOTALLY LEGITIMATE, this will not reflect well with college coaches, as CDUB claimed.  It will be break even at best, probably a negative.

So you are someone from Belcourt that is upset about Knife leaving and are taking it out on preps?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fbinnd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:14 pm

From about as far away from Belcourt as possible and still be in the state.  Not as far away, but not in Belcourt, not in the WDA, and not in a position to be hurt by Knife staying or leaving.

But keep digging.  In about, oh, a 100 years or so, you may come up with something.
fbinnd

Next

Return to Hot Topics