recruiting

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby fbinnd » Thu May 31, 2007 5:51 pm

Sorry, Baller01, life has been consumed by some stress right now.  Significant other in Peru (not the town in Nebraska, but the 3rd world nation in South America), and she actually thinks she is safe in that country.  I'm a freakin' wreck, monitoring every news website I can to make sure noone is getting bombed, stabbed, shot, strangled, or has fallen out of a plane.

Oh, it doesn't help when she calls to tell you that she changed money (dollars for Peruvian Soles, pronounced SOL' ays) in the streets of Lima, got taken for counterfeit money, and then, when she found out, decided to run after the douchebags that stole her money.  Changing money in the streets is crazy enough, now you're gonna risk your life trying to track down counterfeiters in South America????  You think I get irate and bitter about recruiting?  You should have heard me go off that night.

Anyway, I know I sound like a whining sally, but I've have been so completely stressed out over this deal that I have barely logged in to see what kind of activity has been going on on this board.  Right now, Trinity could go to 30 state tourneys in a row, and I couldn't possibly care less.  I just want my girlfriend back on american soil, which happens after one more plane trip at about 8 o'clock tomorrow morning.  I'm out to prove that a man can hold his breath for 10 hours.

In the end, I guess some things that you think really, really matter, don't.  Strange events can make for powerful lessons, and you really can learn things about yourself you never even suspected before.
Last edited by fbinnd on Thu May 31, 2007 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fbinnd

Postby cdub1 » Thu May 31, 2007 8:47 pm

fbinnd wrote:Sorry, Baller01, life has been consumed by some stress right now.  Significant other in Peru (not the town in Nebraska, but the 3rd world nation in South America), and she actually thinks she is safe in that country.  I'm a freakin' wreck, monitoring every news website I can to make sure noone is getting bombed, stabbed, shot, strangled, or has fallen out of a plane.

Oh, it doesn't help when she calls to tell you that she changed money (dollars for Peruvian Soles, pronounced SOL' ays) in the streets of Lima, got taken for counterfeit money, and then, when she found out, decided to run after the douchebags that stole her money.  Changing money in the streets is crazy enough, now you're gonna risk your life trying to track down counterfeiters in South America????  You think I get irate and bitter about recruiting?  You should have heard me go off that night.

Anyway, I know I sound like a whining sally, but I've have been so completely stressed out over this deal that I have barely logged in to see what kind of activity has been going on on this board.  Right now, Trinity could go to 30 state tourneys in a row, and I couldn't possibly care less.  I just want my girlfriend back on american soil, which happens after one more plane trip at about 8 o'clock tomorrow morning.  I'm out to prove that a man can hold his breath for 10 hours.

In the end, I guess some things that you think really, really matter, don't.  Strange events can make for powerful lessons, and you really can learn things about yourself you never even suspected before.

i actually agree wit wut u said this time definately a first and most likely a last haha

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby linksman » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:18 pm

The FACTS are this for the record.   The only school up on charges for recruiting is a PUBLIC school.   Thats NOT OPINION!!!
linksman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fbinnd » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:49 am

"More crooks than honest men have taken shelter behind habeas corpus." 

Abraham Lincoln
fbinnd

Postby BBall dominator » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:03 pm

Good you can quote Lincoln....but I no matter what you say a private school is not being investigated while a public school is
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:24 am

You are exactly right, which shows the ignorance and the bias of the HSAA.  And if you're a private school backer, I'd be shaking meekly in the corner right now.  This will set a precedent.  All it takes now is a letter from a member school claiming someone else took their players, and the HSAA is going to investigate.  Parochials will have to keep their noses clean or face investigation and suspension from the HSAA.
fbinnd

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:52 am

fbinnd wrote:You are exactly right, which shows the ignorance and the bias of the HSAA.  And if you're a private school backer, I'd be shaking meekly in the corner right now.  This will set a precedent.  All it takes now is a letter from a member school claiming someone else took their players, and the HSAA is going to investigate.  Parochials will have to keep their noses clean or face investigation and suspension from the HSAA.

but it doesnt look like any school are accusing them of recruiting.......just you??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby fbinnd » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:26 am

No school has really formally ever accused anyone of recruiting until Cando vs. Langdon.  I wonder how many of these letters the HSAA will have to deal with come October's General Assembly meeting.
fbinnd

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:07 am

that could also be another problem.....so many schools send letters with little or no evidence and just a "rumor".  so after seeing so many of these letters the NDHSAA could just go back to the theory of o well they probably just sent it to get the team in trouble when they did nothing wrong....and then once a team does do something wrong, like Langdon, they wouldnt know how to treat the situation
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:46 pm

scc wrote:
baseball wrote:that could also be another problem.....so many schools send letters with little or no evidence and just a "rumor".  so after seeing so many of these letters the NDHSAA could just go back to the theory of o well they probably just sent it to get the team in trouble when they did nothing wrong....and then once a team does do something wrong, like Langdon, they wouldnt know how to treat the situation

I'll admit the NDHSAA may have their faults, but they're not THAT bad.

im not saying they would just throw the letter out the window.....its just like crying wolf or something, after so many false alarms they wont take them as serious as they should when there actually is a violatoin taking place
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:18 pm

I go to a private school and i am thanking all of you who go to public schools that are sticking up for us. because this stereotype that fbinnd has is the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. i can say that as a player in a private school it is nice to see that there are people that will stick up for us and people who know what the truth really is.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:33 am

Let us know when that scholarship runs out and you have to transfer back to the public school.
fbinnd

Postby baseball » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:42 am

fbinnd wrote:Let us know when that scholarship runs out and you have to transfer back to the public school.

seriously man, whats your deal??  did you get beat out of a tournament by a private school when you were in high school and cant let go or something??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:59 am

fbinnd wrote:Let us know when that scholarship runs out and you have to transfer back to the public school.
I really hope that this comment wasnt towards me or anyone that goes to my school. because not only me but everyone i hang out with and talk to CHOOSE to go to that school, and the reason we choose to go there is we like the smaller school and dont want to be just another number like we would be at a large public school.  it sounds like someone is a little bit bitter that private schools are having some success. LET IT GO you are wrong about the recruiting issue so GIVE IT UP! alll of a sudden private school wins something and they recruit? why dont any of the public schools get questioned about recruiting(and i am not saying they do either) when they have a history of winning.
Last edited by baseball4life on Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:00 am

baseball wrote:

seriously man, whats your deal??  did you get beat out of a tournament by a private school when you were in high school and cant let go or something??

k now this is starting to get old you have shown time and time again in arguments that happen over and over that YOU have no evidence of ANY private school recruting OTHER than the fact that they produce good teams   get SOME evidence before you do this again please

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:09 am

fbinnd = not worth your time. like a small child, do not encourage him by paying any attention.
rep

Postby baller01 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:21 am

Hey FBINND I saw a commercial on TV today that stated "Steele was a great town to visit or move to located 30 miles east of Bismarck with a great park, great people, and A GREAT SCHOOL.  I'm just wondering FBINND if you consider that recruiting or not. Because I know if Shiloh did that, or any other private school, you would think it was recruiting. I'm not saying that Steele is trying to recruit kids into there school because they aren't. I just thought about how I'm sure you would take that as recruiting becasue they stated they have a great school.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4life » Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:26 am

baller01 wrote:Hey FBINND I saw a commercial on TV today that stated "Steele was a great town to visit or move to located 30 miles east of Bismarck with a great park, great people, and A GREAT SCHOOL.  I'm just wondering FBINND if you consider that recruiting or not. Because I know if Shiloh did that, or any other private school, you would think it was recruiting. I'm not saying that Steele is trying to recruit kids into there school because they aren't. I just thought about how I'm sure you would take that as recruiting becasue they stated they have a great school.
Baller 01 GREAT EXAMPLE THERE. i give you props for that post. except i know that fbinnd wont because they have such a strong hatred of private schools. anyway i cant wait to see the response you get from fbinnd
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:40 pm

Denial is an ugly thing.  It must be required reading at Trinity.
fbinnd

Postby baseball » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:03 pm

baseball4life wrote:
baller01 wrote:Hey FBINND I saw a commercial on TV today that stated "Steele was a great town to visit or move to located 30 miles east of Bismarck with a great park, great people, and A GREAT SCHOOL.  I'm just wondering FBINND if you consider that recruiting or not. Because I know if Shiloh did that, or any other private school, you would think it was recruiting. I'm not saying that Steele is trying to recruit kids into there school because they aren't. I just thought about how I'm sure you would take that as recruiting becasue they stated they have a great school.
Baller 01 GREAT EXAMPLE THERE. i give you props for that post. except i know that fbinnd wont because they have such a strong hatred of private schools. anyway i cant wait to see the response you get from fbinnd

i hope your not saying steele has a strong hatred for private school cuz they dont....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:32 pm

fbinnd wrote:Denial is an ugly thing.  It must be required reading at Trinity.

I haven't argued with you in awhile but I can see you still haven't gotten any better with your comebacks...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:33 pm

fbinnd I have read most of your posts on thread and on the Langdon recruiting thread.  You seem like a bitter old woman.  There are so many more important issues than recruiting.  You make all these qualms about how private schools recruit.  Until there is evidence, everything that you are saying is ACCUSATIONS!!!!!!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4life » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:37 pm

nope that isnt what i am saying, i was saying fbinnd had the strong hatred! and Fbinnd nice try but i dont go to trinity but if i lived in dickinson i would without a doubt go to trinity.                by the way congrats on the 2000 posts haha
Last edited by baseball4life on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fbinnd » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:54 am

I think we all know that a town attempting to bring families in is completely different than Trinity trying to win region title after region title.  I love the way the parochial backers can skew the facts in their favor, when common knowledge points to conclusions that are otherwise. 

Hey, if you want to justify your parochial school recruiting athletes by pointing the finger at towns bringing in families, I guess you'll do whatever you can to sleep at night.
fbinnd

Postby Baller » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:16 am

fbinnd wrote:I think we all know that a town attempting to bring families in is completely different than Trinity trying to win region title after region title.  I love the way the parochial backers can skew the facts in their favor, when common knowledge points to conclusions that are otherwise. 

Hey, if you want to justify your parochial school recruiting athletes by pointing the finger at towns bringing in families, I guess you'll do whatever you can to sleep at night.

You need to let us in on this common knowledge that you speak of...
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics