Best Chant???

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:17 am

baseball wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:
power-aid14 wrote:you guys are all wrong, the chant that defines the legacy of class B basketball is hearing everyone of a certain town start chanting..."yeS wE CAN, YES WE CAN"...but deep down you know half of the parents are like..yeaa umm no....we cant

yes you can what?

the only time ive heard that chant is in hockey, we started chanting "you cant do that" and they came back with "yes we can" but i have never heard it anywhere else and im not sure where it is used in basketball

"you cant do that" and "yes we can"....those arent really chant lines or even chant material. sounds more like a conversation to me.

ya thats right, especially since u are the one who initially said yes we can for best chant, and now its not a chant?

i think what he means is that its a conversation if its back and forth between the 2 crowds and a chant if its just one side.....the yes we can chant is used alot in basketball games when there is an underdog and it is within striking distance late in the game.  so if you only heard it one time at a hockey game you must not go to many sporting events because i have heard it in just about every sport ive ever watched

hmmm thats interesting, i havent heard it that much, good assumption, i must not go to many sporting events!!!!!!!  

on a non-sarcasm note: i like it when the two crowds are having this "conversation" i like when the two are chanting back and forth at each other, to me it gets the fans more involved.
klg_11

Postby Mr. Me Too » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 am

St. Mary's had a cool chant after the game when they beat a team...i've heard it quite a few times, but not this year atleast...
-->aMA[z]iNg<--
Mr. Me Too
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:16 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:St. Mary's had a cool chant after the game when they beat a team...i've heard it quite a few times, but not this year atleast...

and what was it.......
klg_11

Postby feeshattack » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:56 pm

one of the all time best that the DSU bluehawks use to do when they were good... it would be after the game when they would win agaisnt mayville or something

"mayville mayville dont be blue we kicked your man in football too" haha i thought that was great when i heard that
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:20 pm

Mr. Me Too wrote:St. Mary's had a cool chant after the game when they beat a team...i've heard it quite a few times, but not this year atleast...

scoreboard chant
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby klg_11 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:18 pm

Ming01 wrote:

scoreboard chant

always gotta rub it in a little, make the victory a little sweeter, especially on a team that ur supposed to lose to.
klg_11

Postby Ming01 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:29 am

klg_11 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:

scoreboard chant

always gotta rub it in a little, make the victory a little sweeter, especially on a team that ur supposed to lose to.

agreed, yeah it's awesome
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby feeshattack » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:10 pm

did they just yell "scoreboard"? or what was the chant
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:39 pm

feeshattack wrote:did they just yell "scoreboard"? or what was the chant

I remember reading it somewhere on this site, if you look around...i'm sure you can find it
project-pat

Postby Ming01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:24 pm

feeshattack wrote:did they just yell "scoreboard"? or what was the chant

jk i didn't post the chant.  but it starts out isn't this the winning side, then isn't that the losing side... blah blah blah, and a lot more stuff, it's pretty cool.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tu-Big » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:17 pm

dukefan32 wrote:I'm a big fan of Dickinson Trinty's "Olay Olay" chant. Any others???

I cant let this go on any longer...Trinity cannot take credit for that cheer, that cheer was originated in 2001 by the Killdeer Cowboy's cheering section, they used to do it whenever someone hit a 3, like in the movie The Replacements, that year Trinity beat Killdeer to go to state and used the cheer there, and have been taking credit for it ever since...its a flamashamockery that Trinity gets credit for that cheer
Tu-Big

Postby baseball » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:30 pm

Tu-Big wrote:
dukefan32 wrote:I'm a big fan of Dickinson Trinty's "Olay Olay" chant. Any others???

I cant let this go on any longer...Trinity cannot take credit for that cheer, that cheer was originated in 2001 by the Killdeer Cowboy's cheering section, they used to do it whenever someone hit a 3, like in the movie The Replacements, that year Trinity beat Killdeer to go to state and used the cheer there, and have been taking credit for it ever since...its a flamashamockery that Trinity gets credit for that cheer

o geez make up your mind...who created it...haha jk
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:15 pm

actually soccer fans started it
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:04 pm

Tu-Big wrote:

yeah...it was actually soccer fans that started the "olay olay" so your just taking credit for someone else's work, not cool man
project-pat

Postby Tu-Big » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:44 pm

project-pat wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:

yeah...it was actually soccer fans that started the "olay olay" so your just taking credit for someone else's work, not cool man
Im not taking credit for it, im saying that Trinity got the idea from the Killdeer fans way back, but the Killdeer kids got it from The Replacements with the Brittish kicker, Nigel Gruff. I am guessing it was made up by soccer fans, im just saying Trinity came up with the idea out of nowhere, they got it from Killdeeer though
Tu-Big

Postby project-pat » Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:49 pm

Tu-Big wrote:
project-pat wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:

Im not taking credit for it, im saying that Trinity got the idea from the Killdeer fans way back, but the Killdeer kids got it from The Replacements with the Brittish kicker, Nigel Gruff. I am guessing it was made up by soccer fans, im just saying Trinity came up with the idea out of nowhere, they got it from Killdeeer though

well you said killdeer "originated" it, so thats what it soudned like
project-pat

Postby feeshattack » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:16 pm

and i dont know if anyone from Trinity is taking credit for starting it... they just use it
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Tu-Big » Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:48 pm

project-pat wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:
project-pat wrote:
Tu-Big wrote:

well you said killdeer "originated" it, so thats what it soudned like
Yeah, my bad Pat, i shouldnt have said that. Here we go, Killdeer was the first team in Region 7 to use it, hows that sound for you guys?? haha sorry for the confusion
Tu-Big

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:27 pm

I heard it at state VB in 97 or 98.  So regardless you are stealing "cheers" from VB and soccer.  Proud.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby nd-ball41 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:31 pm

well I will tell you one of the one's that isn't very good at all, and shouldn't be said since there are freshman all over the state that play...but i have heard "he's a freshman" a few times when some freshman does something good in a varsity game.
nd-ball41

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Here we go Ep-ping, here we go *clap* *clap*
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:23 pm

nd-ball41 wrote:well I will tell you one of the one's that isn't very good at all, and shouldn't be said since there are freshman all over the state that play...but i have heard "he's a freshman" a few times when some freshman does something good in a varsity game.

im actually a fan of the "hes a freshman" chant, just not when he comes off hte bench late in a game and is just in the right place at the right time with a broken play layup.  but if hes a regular and starts breakin people down off the dribble and taking a game over i like it.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:08 pm

nd-ball41 wrote:well I will tell you one of the one's that isn't very good at all, and shouldn't be said since there are freshman all over the state that play...but i have heard "he's a freshman" a few times when some freshman does something good in a varsity game.

whenever teams did that to us (mainly BHS) we just came back and when like a senior scored we chanted "He's a Senior" clap, clap, clap clap clap...
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ahhhh » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:25 pm

i enjoy poking fun at the refs. even though they do a good job
ahhhh

Postby bball4life2010 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:34 pm

bishop ryan had a good one before we got in trouble.when the other team was losing we chanted the winning side,losing side, playing floor,score board, exit door..that was the best cheer ever! anybody from ryan might agree with me
~it's a bishop ryan thing~
Bishop Ryan Lions Boys Basketball Team*clap*
bball4life2010
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics