Most clutch ND high school athlete

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:38 am

Who is Mr. Clutch when it comes to ND high school athletes?? Somebody who could make the big play when needed. Don't just give a name, tell why that person was clutch.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:14 am

First person that comes to mind for me recently is Landon Smith. State Championship bball game he hit the game winner, and in football the same year he had a huge game against Beulah the first time he played them in Beulah to come back and win. He had big catches down the stretch and had a huge interception to seal the game. Then in track, both his relay teams took 1st, in which the 400 relay he was the anchor and that race ensured a state track championship.
Last edited by ndsubisonfan on Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ndsubisonfan

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Didn't Smith also place in the shot and disc?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:57 pm

i have to go with both belohlavek and kick belohlavek for his williston games both this yeaer and last year he hit the shot to send it to ot and also tate kick with 2 game winners

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsubisonfan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:26 pm

Wild Wolves wrote:Didn't Smith also place in the shot and disc?

yeah he did
ndsubisonfan

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:14 pm

ndsubisonfan wrote:First person that comes to mind for me recently is Landon Smith. State Championship bball game he hit the game winner, and in football the same year he had a huge game against Beulah the first time he played them in Beulah to come back and win. He had big catches down the stretch and had a huge interception to seal the game. Then in track, both his relay teams took 1st, in which the 400 relay he was the anchor and that race ensured a state track championship.

Landon was actually anchor in the 800 relay and Brad Willer was anchor in the 400 relay, but probably most clutch recently with all he's done.
SportsAreLife

Postby klg_11 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:46 pm

I think Kick was pretty clutch, it seemed he was there all game but he just gave that extra 150% at the end to make sure they took the game. he made several game winning shots and he also made assists to game winning shots.
klg_11

Re: Most clutch ND high school athlete

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:11 am

Tanner Carpenter from North Border is definitely a clutch athlete. If you saw the Region II championship game last year, he was the reason NB pulled out the win. He also made countless clutch plays in football this past season. Although he had various other players step up around him he usually had a hand in the big plays down the stretch to win games for the eagles.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby riders » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:20 am

cdub1 wrote:i have to go with both belohlavek and kick belohlavek for his williston games both this yeaer and last year he hit the shot to send it to ot and also tate kick with 2 game winners

kick wouldnt have to be clutch if he played tougher defense
"Not to be cheered by praise, not to be grieved by blame, but to know thoroughly one's own virtues or powers are the characteristics of an excellent man."-Satchel Paige
riders
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:54 pm

What about Evan Bennefield from New Rockford in the closing moments of regulation in the championship game vs Bottineau. That baseline jumper to tie it was as clutch as you can get
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby D-Pain » Thu May 01, 2008 12:08 pm

John Fraase was the best clutch player ever in the history of north dakota sports.
D-Pain
NDPreps Starter

Postby janobilly20 » Sun May 04, 2008 3:49 am

D-Pain wrote:John Fraase was the best clutch player ever in the history of north dakota sports.

i guess you could look at him that way...
janobilly20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby whitemencanjump » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:20 am

jake erhardt definitly has to be considered.....he has hit countless big shots in his career including the buzzerbeater at the district 14 championship against trinity he made the game winning touchdown catch two years ago to beat lisbon in the state quarterfinals and he anchored the 4oo relay two years in a row on both of hazens state championship track teams....he aslo ran on the 1600 relay both years and they won both and he was third in the 200 at state this year....the man is clutch
whitemencanjump
NDPreps Rookie

Re:

Postby scruffy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:12 am

ndsubisonfan wrote:First person that comes to mind for me recently is Landon Smith. State Championship bball game he hit the game winner, and in football the same year he had a huge game against Beulah the first time he played them in Beulah to come back and win. He had big catches down the stretch and had a huge interception to seal the game. Then in track, both his relay teams took 1st, in which the 400 relay he was the anchor and that race ensured a state track championship.

I agree. Not only did he come up with big plays in every sport...he was the team leader that led the Titans to 3 state championships his senior year. Three championships in one season separates him from the rest of the names mentioned so far.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region 2 fan » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:39 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Tanner Carpenter from North Border is definitely a clutch athlete. If you saw the Region II championship game last year, he was the reason NB pulled out the win. He also made countless clutch plays in football this past season. Although he had various other players step up around him he usually had a hand in the big plays down the stretch to win games for the eagles.

I was also going to write in Tanner Carpenter. The kid was amazingly clutch. His junior year, they were playing Midway-Minto for the Region Championship and they were losing by about ten in the fourth and he made back-to-back three pointers and then kept driving the lane and getting to the free throw line where he didn't miss one, giving the Eagles the lead, and the trip to the State Tournament. This was only one instance in Tanner's great high school career..
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballdude101 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:19 pm

i would have to say tommy dwyer is pretty clutch he hit the game winner in bball not last bball season but the one b4 in the regional championship game to go to state and then hit another one in a key game against wilton this last year
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Walleye7 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 pm

I would have to say that Kevin Sanford is a pretty clutch player because without him i dont think that Watford City would have made it as far as they did this last year in basketball. He is also a really good baseball player who had a batting average of .550
Walleye7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAAsportsfan » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:30 am

Kevin Sanford also helped WC win the state FB title as the starting QB his Soph. year!!http://www.northdakotapreps.com/posting.php?mode=reply&f=32&t=2669&sid=d4d25b71bab02a7f45cddc53d62afdf3#
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Hot Topics