Who Gets the Most Sports Coverage

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Who Gets the Most Sports Coverage

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:36 pm

I know they used to but not if they still do or when they stopped..but fox used to broadcast the edc tournament did they not? cant complain about that coverage since most other schools only chance of tv games are state.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Re:

Postby senditin » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:27 pm

Baller wrote:I am tired of hearing about the small minnesota teams.  I would love to hear more about North Dakota teams in the Fargo area. 

I'm with you on that one.
senditin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eggman » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:20 pm

point/center wrote:thing about the east is they also have to cover MN towns/teams, and throw that in with the numbers it all gets watered down. given the wwww i'm pretty happy with sports coverage in general
why do they have to cover MN? They are ND papers and tv stations aren't they? Thats why Minnesota has their own papers and tv stations. I can see maybe covering moorhead but really with the size of Fargo, moorhead should get its own paper and tv.
eggman

Postby Flip » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:12 pm

eggman wrote:why do they have to cover MN? They are ND papers and tv stations aren't they? Thats why Minnesota has their own papers and tv stations. I can see maybe covering moorhead but really with the size of Fargo, moorhead should get its own paper and tv.

They don't have to cover MN, but if you take out the FM area I would say most of the viewers are from MN. If you think the Fargo area is big enough for its own paper and tv stations how many papers and tv stations should the major metro areas have?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby theman » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am

It is kind of funny, because Minot boys swimming had won 11 straight titles. West Fargo upends and dominates them, and it just gets an "O by the way" in the sports, because Bison football was more important during the winter.
[url]northdakotarunner.blogspot.com[/url]
theman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 am

Class B teams never get coverage out of Fargo unless they are at state. The only class b team that gets coverage in Fargo is Oak Grove. The only times other schools get coverage is when they play Oak Grove. i also noticed that when it comes to legion baseball the only teams that get covered are Class A or division 1 teams and the only B team that gets noticed is the Bombers on the North Dakota side.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby WalkingStick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:24 pm

gobison#6 wrote:Class B teams never get coverage out of Fargo unless they are at state. The only class b team that gets coverage in Fargo is Oak Grove. The only times other schools get coverage is when they play Oak Grove. i also noticed that when it comes to legion baseball the only teams that get covered are Class A or division 1 teams and the only B team that gets noticed is the Bombers on the North Dakota side.

I actually beg to differ slightly...yes Oak Grove gets alot of coverage out of Fargo...but so does Central Cass (not as much but more than you think). Also Central Cass would get noticed once and a while in baseball this year and not just when playing the Bombers.

P.S. I am not from Casselton...I am just a sports observer!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:25 am

WalkingStick wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:Class B teams never get coverage out of Fargo unless they are at state. The only class b team that gets coverage in Fargo is Oak Grove. The only times other schools get coverage is when they play Oak Grove. i also noticed that when it comes to legion baseball the only teams that get covered are Class A or division 1 teams and the only B team that gets noticed is the Bombers on the North Dakota side.

I actually beg to differ slightly...yes Oak Grove gets alot of coverage out of Fargo...but so does Central Cass (not as much but more than you think). Also Central Cass would get noticed once and a while in baseball this year and not just when playing the Bombers.

P.S. I am not from Casselton...I am just a sports observer!

Ok. You are correct on the fact that Casselton/Central Cass does get some attention probably the second most of Class B teams in the Fargo area after Oak Grove. Although most of the coverage is during regional or state tournaments not regular season games.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hot Topics