fourwinds

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sportsmart » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:27 am

Ok I listened to everyone talk up Fourwinds and picked them to win in all and lost out on the poll because of it.  Just show you should never listen to people talking thier team up so much!! Thanks Fourwind fans!!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:34 am

I'm not necessarily a 4 Winds fan, but that is a needless comment....of course they thought they are good....they are, they just happened to lose in a state tournament....pretty impressive they made it two years in a row, they just ran into a buzzsaw right now in DT.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:37 am

sportsmart wrote:Ok I listened to everyone talk up Fourwinds and picked them to win in all and lost out on the poll because of it.  Just show you should never listen to people talking thier team up so much!! Thanks Fourwind fans!!

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::blahblah::bye:-----> FW

good post man
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:44 am

a one loss team that was ranked no. 1 in the state...four winds is a decent team...speaks all the higher of what trinity did, especially with what that team looked like early in the season (from everything i've heard anyway).

grinny for coach of the year.
rep

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:45 am

rep wrote:a one loss team that was ranked no. 1 in the state...four winds is a decent team...speaks all the higher of what trinity did, especially with what that team looked like early in the season (from everything i've heard anyway).

grinny for coach of the year.

i 2nd that nomination
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Tigger » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:50 am

with trinity beating four winds (my pick...oops) and ryan way up on bcn...does this mean we're going to get a renewed arguement over whether parochial schools belong in class b?  i hope not.  congrats to four winds on making it...but only one team can win it all so there's nothing to be ashamed of
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:52 am

Tigger wrote:with trinity beating four winds (my pick...oops) and ryan way up on bcn...does this mean we're going to get a renewed arguement over whether parochial schools belong in class b?  i hope not.  congrats to four winds on making it...but only one team can win it all so there's nothing to be ashamed of

looks like trinity has a easier game tomorow, could be a state repeat? 
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:54 am

jetblue12 wrote:
Tigger wrote:with trinity beating four winds (my pick...oops) and ryan way up on bcn...does this mean we're going to get a renewed arguement over whether parochial schools belong in class b?  i hope not.  congrats to four winds on making it...but only one team can win it all so there's nothing to be ashamed of

yea they should win the game tommorow and i think will face a tough Parshall team in the finals
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldmanBBall » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 pm

Anyone else not impressed with Ironheart?
OldmanBBall

Postby whitemencanjump » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:31 pm

i missed the game can anyone tell me what happened to four winds
Last edited by whitemencanjump on Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whitemencanjump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:32 pm

OldmanBBall wrote:Anyone else not impressed with Ironheart?

didnt step up once when they needed him the most.  to bad for him, hes had a nice career.
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby jetblue12 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:35 pm

whitemencanjump wrote:yeah i didnt watch the game can anyone fill me in

trin started hot and fw was lazy, had a 13? point lead in the 1st quarter.  didnt look back after that, with good shot selection and nice ball control.  fw looked very sloppy and flat footed on d.  trin deserved the win and got it...  fw had a couple runs but not enough...
jetblue12
NDPreps Starter

Postby whitemencanjump » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:36 pm

sounds kind of like how they beat hazen and thanks for the info
whitemencanjump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rumbles » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:40 pm

jetblue12 wrote:
whitemencanjump wrote:yeah i didnt watch the game can anyone fill me in

trin started hot and fw was lazy, had a 13? point lead in the 1st quarter.  didnt look back after that, with good shot selection and nice ball control.  fw looked very sloppy and flat footed on d.  trin deserved the win and got it...  fw had a couple runs but not enough...
yea getting down early was terrible for FW it was 21-7 at the end of the first quarter they pulled the lead down to 4 at the half but trinity controlled the second half the whole way through
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:40 pm

whitemencanjump wrote:sounds kind of like how they beat hazen and thanks for the info

they were actually the ones losing in the 1st quarter when they played Hazen, they were down 14-2, then went on a 20-2 run and just kept going from there.

I THIRD THE NOMINATION FOR GRINSTEINNER.
project-pat

Postby whitemencanjump » Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 pm

but at the hazen game when they came back their ball control was a big factor in the win
whitemencanjump
NDPreps Rookie

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:07 pm

jetblue12 wrote:

Totally disagree tommorow's game with Bishop Ryan will be a good game with the Lions coming out on top, did you see them play today?? They were very impressive.  And I would also like to add Four Winds is not that good of a team, very overrated in my opinion. Do they even run an offense, sure didn't look like it, very undisciplined!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:31 pm

I think Trinity's defense will be able to shut down Minot-Ryan and their quick guards. Trinity's tough defense should take them to them to the championship.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby crete00 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:38 pm

From what I've been hearing all year it seems that Four Winds played their worst game at the wrong time.  They seemed to play pretty sloppy.  But was that their own play or can we credit that to the Trinity D?
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Edward III » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:52 pm

Basketball is a game  of angles and Trinity both on offense and defense are in a position to either cut off or throw off an offense and on offense every time the ball is reversed the Titans get in a better position to get the ball or get a shot off.
Edward III
NDPreps Reserve

Postby crete00 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:57 pm

Three parochial schools in the State B and another one within 2 points of making it.  Must be nice to recruit.
"In life, as in a football game, the principle to follow is: Hit the line hard!"

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:59 pm

crete00 wrote:

Three parochial schools in the State B and another one within 2 points of making it.  Must be nice to recruit.

shiloh recruits?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:00 pm

crete00 wrote:

Don't even start

They made it to state, give credit where credit is due, it's called hard work.
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:03 pm

project-pat wrote:
crete00 wrote:

Don't even start

They made it to state, give credit where credit is due, it's called hard work.

i think this can help end this four winds has ONE player ONE player who is one of the best in his class Morey and you cant exactly recruit a freshman if they had kick fridley baker jahner bruhscwhein bakkum and lorenz u could complain not when they have ONE freshman

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby crete00 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:12 pm

When I was in HS we had a private school in our region that had two brothers on the team that were from Florida, FLORIDA!  Oh yeah they each happened to be in the 6'6" - 6'8" range.  But i suppose there are many high school students in Florida that dream of playing basketball in North Dakota.

Theodore Roosevelt
crete00
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Hot Topics