Dickinson Trinity - 7 Region TItles in a Row

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ND-SportsFan » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:21 pm

We all know how hard it is to win one region title! Now they win 7 in a row! What do we make of this???
ND-SportsFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby lurkinmid » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:26 pm

I think it just goes to show the talent and dedication of the Titan coaching staff.
lurkinmid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:33 pm

i give it 6 posts til someone bashes them aobut being private.  i personally find it amazing they can be dominant year after year when graduating the kinds of players they do
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:51 pm

Amazing and its even nicer we don't see DT fans talking their team up like their gods like other teams fans
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BBall dominator » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:51 pm

Amazing and its even nicer we don't see DT fans talking their team up like their gods like other teams fans
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:59 pm

Trinity should be class A cause they can recruit!  :D  Naw just kidding.  I thought since I was the 6th poster I would make the prediction a reality.  I really don't think they should be class A and I congratulate Trinity on their great run.  I hope you lose to FW tho so we can stop hearing how region 7 is so good.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:28 pm

Stromer wrote: I hope you lose to FW tho so we can stop hearing how region 7 is so good.

How does that prove that Region 7 wasn't great? Look at Hazen, Beulah, Trinity and Killdeer and take away their losses to each other. Just because R7's rep. doesn't win the first round doesn't mean the region wasn't the best in the state.

How is that so hard to see? I'll give R4 their credit they have three top notch teams, but Richardon-Taylor is a team that might have went to state in some regions, maybe even Region 2 or 3. They went 14-7 and were getting votes at one point, but didn't make regionals because of the big four.
Last edited by Wildcat on Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:02 pm

I got bored. Hazen, Trinity, Killdeer, Richardton-Taylor and Beulah are the top five teams just in District 14.

Taking away games played against each other, they're a combined 70-6 against the rest of the state.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:43 am

Congratulations!  It's a great run that will be hard to be duplicated......
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:58 am

It's one heck of a run that goes down as one of the greatest in the history of Class B bball.  It's even more impressive that they came out of a very tough region.  I just wish a new team would come out of that region so there are some fresh stories at the state B.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:11 am

everybody talks about mandan girls due to their 4 straight state titles...impressive no doubt...but when you look at Class B basketball how many other teams in the history of class b bb can say they went to state 7 years in a row?????? Schools located in the largest cities in ND should not be class b....end of story...no need to talk about private..recruiting......the main issue is open enrollment......these schools have the largest selection of businesses/jobs and largest selection of athletes that can choose(no recruiting) to go to. The class b tournament has declined and will continue to decline when Dickinson, Minot, Bismarck are representing class b as well as class A tournaments......Dickinson Trinity has 7 Class B Region Champ trophy's....too bad they will always be tarnished when everybody knows Dickinson Trinity use to be Class A and use to compete on the Class A level....maybe mandan girls should come down to class B and run the table and be proud of their accomplishments.....would be somewhat of a hollow victory not? Same thing about Dickinson Trinity....7 region titles in a row and still want to be at Class B...thats a confusing issue also...why wouldn't you want to compete at Class A level...you have been the most dominating class b team in the history of b basketball..and thats not being a smart.*$$ but confirming your dominence....but like I said, maybe its time to take your dominance to a level that is more appropriate....like you use to be....Class A.....
bigpoppakdog

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:17 am

Not to start a big controversy here....but I've heard Trinity turns away students so they can stay under the enrollment cap for Class B.  It's something I've heard from a lot of people down in that corner of the state.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Claz B Fan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:22 am

I guess i would believe that in that they always stay at the 149 mark but Ill give there student athletes and coaches alot of credit for making that program so succesful and wish them best of luck at state
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:29 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:everybody talks about mandan girls due to their 4 straight state titles...impressive no doubt...but when you look at Class B basketball how many other teams in the history of class b bb can say they went to state 7 years in a row?????? Schools located in the largest cities in ND should not be class b....end of story...no need to talk about private..recruiting......the main issue is open enrollment......these schools have the largest selection of businesses/jobs and largest selection of athletes that can choose(no recruiting) to go to. The class b tournament has declined and will continue to decline when Dickinson, Minot, Bismarck are representing class b as well as class A tournaments......Dickinson Trinity has 7 Class B Region Champ trophy's....too bad they will always be tarnished when everybody knows Dickinson Trinity use to be Class A and use to compete on the Class A level....maybe mandan girls should come down to class B and run the table and be proud of their accomplishments.....would be somewhat of a hollow victory not? Same thing about Dickinson Trinity....7 region titles in a row and still want to be at Class B...thats a confusing issue also...why wouldn't you want to compete at Class A level...you have been the most dominating class b team in the history of b basketball..and thats not being a smart.*$$ but confirming your dominence....but like I said, maybe its time to take your dominance to a level that is more appropriate....like you use to be....Class A.....
I am not from trinity and i graduated from a rival region 7 school. Personally i think that Trinity is good for class b basketball and region 7 basketball in general. Whenever Trinity plays the place usually fills up because people want to see if david can knock off goliath. It is one of the reasons region 7 is so tough. Teams know that for them to have success they will need to compete at the same level as DT.
letsgosox

Postby Jwall512 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:50 am

TRINITY SHOULD BE CLASS A NO DOUBT IN MY MIND IF THEY HAVE WON 7 REGION TITLES IN A ROW THEY SHOULD GO CLASS A. AALONG WITH RYAN AND SHILOH AND OAK GROVE
Stupid is as Stupid does

-Forrest Gump
Jwall512
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:56 am

If we capped our enrollment, why would we set the cap number 150 under the limit.  That would make no sense!  There are a few uninformed people who believe that and then there are those uninformed who believe we recruit!  I don't think you can have it both ways! By the way bigpappadog Mott, Bowman, Standing Rock, Hettinger and Watford City used to be Class "A" as well and I don't think any titles they have won since are tarnished.....
Last edited by scruffy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby crossover » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:08 am

Jwall512 wrote:TRINITY SHOULD BE CLASS A NO DOUBT IN MY MIND IF THEY HAVE WON 7 REGION TITLES IN A ROW THEY SHOULD GO CLASS A. AALONG WITH RYAN AND SHILOH AND OAK GROVE

why is it when a schools has a good program right away people want to move them to class A.  get a better arguement.

crossover
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:04 am

yes, check the census for their towns the last 10 years and check the census for Dickinson.....plus Trinity CAN control their enrollment....but my point it is Dickinson Trinity is located in Dickinson ND....hard to believe that Dickinson, bismarck, Fargo, Minot should ever be in Class B discussion....recruiting not an issue with me.....the population that these schools have to select from is larger than 20 class b towns combined....that is my issue.....not equitable when a town has 40-50 guys to choose from while another town has thousands......
bigpoppakdog

Postby Watcher 007 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:06 am

It isn't because they have a bunch of good years that people think they should be Class A. It is because these schools are located in a large population where they can recruit kids from a Class A school and turn away kids that they don't want. That is the problem. Every school in a Large Town that has a Class A school in it, should be Class A. They should bump their enrollment up and make it fair for everyone.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby freak722 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:48 am

Watcher 007 wrote:It isn't because they have a bunch of good years that people think they should be Class A. It is because these schools are located in a large population where they can recruit kids from a Class A school and turn away kids that they don't want. That is the problem. Every school in a Large Town that has a Class A school in it, should be Class A. They should bump their enrollment up and make it fair for everyone.

Name someone Trinity has recruited from dickinson high, name someone they turned away......THEY NEED KIDS, THEY WANT MORE KIDS TO KEEP THAT SCHOOL GOING.....BELIEVE IT OR NOT TRINITY MIGHT NOT BE AROUND IN A FEW YEARS IF THEIR ENROLLMENT KEEPS DECREASING LIKE IT IS. STOP WHINING. GIVE FULL CREDIT WHERE FULL CREDIT IS DUE.
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fruit snack » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:53 am

freak722 wrote:
Watcher 007 wrote:It isn't because they have a bunch of good years that people think they should be Class A. It is because these schools are located in a large population where they can recruit kids from a Class A school and turn away kids that they don't want. That is the problem. Every school in a Large Town that has a Class A school in it, should be Class A. They should bump their enrollment up and make it fair for everyone.

Name someone Trinity has recruited from dickinson high, name someone they turned away......THEY NEED KIDS, THEY WANT MORE KIDS TO KEEP THAT SCHOOL GOING.....BELIEVE IT OR NOT TRINITY MIGHT NOT BE AROUND IN A FEW YEARS IF THEIR ENROLLMENT KEEPS DECREASING LIKE IT IS. STOP WHINING. GIVE FULL CREDIT WHERE FULL CREDIT IS DUE.

r u trying to intimidate people with that tuff looking pic
fruit snack

Postby freak722 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:02 am

fruit snack wrote:
freak722 wrote:

r u trying to intimidate people with that tuff looking pic
no, does it intimidate u fruit snack boy
freak722
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:07 am

i congratulate DT on yet another region title....quite amazing......and as for the topic of class b private schools.....my mind is still out on if they recruit or not......but since they are private they have the option to turn away students where public schools have to accept everyone......but none the less.....congrat's to Coach Grinnstiener (spelling) and the Trinity Titans on their 7th in a row......should be a great first round matchup
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:10 am

Wildcat wrote:
Stromer wrote: I hope you lose to FW tho so we can stop hearing how region 7 is so good.

How does that prove that Region 7 wasn't great? Look at Hazen, Beulah, Trinity and Killdeer and take away their losses to each other. Just because R7's rep. doesn't win the first round doesn't mean the region wasn't the best in the state.

How is that so hard to see? I'll give R4 their credit they have three top notch teams, but Richardon-Taylor is a team that might have went to state in some regions, maybe even Region 2 or 3. They went 14-7 and were getting votes at one point, but didn't make regionals because of the big four.

I am not saying that region 7 is not good, just that it isn't head and shoulders above all of the other regions.  Yes you have a lot of top notch teams, but Region 4 has 3 legit contendors as well.  It might not settle the issue if FW beats Trinity but it will put to an end all of the talk that Region 4 will be playing in the afternoon.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:28 am

freak722 wrote:

Give me a break.....Trinity has more kids 9-12 than a lot of schools have TOTAL K-12. 
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Hot Topics