Mandan Recruiting Part 2

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDdominator » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:49 pm

people are always going to hate the people on top but I think everyone can agree even mandan people that admundson may not openly recruit players but defintely has a hand in players coming to mandan he probably doesn't call up random good players though
NDdominator

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:02 pm

NDdominator wrote:people are always going to hate the people on top but I think everyone can agree even mandan people that admundson may not openly recruit players but defintely has a hand in players coming to mandan he probably doesn't call up random good players though

he is involved i would say but then i recently hear that dickinsons coach was talking to marlee also so does that make him a recruiter and also wut is wrong with recruiting?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Biff » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:46 pm

NDdominator wrote:people are always going to hate the people on top but I think everyone can agree even mandan people that admundson may not openly recruit players but defintely has a hand in players coming to mandan he probably doesn't call up random good players though

Very good point - people do always hate the people on top.  Amundson is a great coach and if I was a great player I would want to play for him.  The commitment that he makes to that team is unbelievable.  He gives those girls all of his free time and they respect him for the knowledge he has.  There are few coaches that sacrifice their family time to the extent that Amundson does.  Mandan girls basketball is a dynasty that many will always remember.
Biff
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:34 am

The boxed statements were taken directly from the Bismarck Tribune article "[font=comic sans ms]A FAMILY LEGACY[/font]" by Cindy Peterson of March 16, 2007.

[size=2]Jalen and his parents moved to Parshall last year after he attended school at Four Winds. Marlee lives with her grandmother, Lorraine Siegefield, in Mandan.[/size]
Marlee, a junior, has amassed more than 1,500 career points - most accrued at Four Winds.

Apparently the Finley family didn't move to Mandan at all, but rather Parshall.  Marlee was the only member of her immediate family to move to Mandan.;)

The Finley family moved to Parshall so that  Jalen, could play with his desired teammates - no mention of educational advantages or required job transfer.:shock:

[color=black][size=2]Playing ball with the Braves has been a perfect fit for Jalen. He wanted to play with the Packineau twins.[/size][/color]

So, it's not quite a reach to imagine that Marlee merely went to live with her Grandmother so that she could play in the premiere high school girls basketball program in the state. 

Full Bismarck Tribune article can be found at following link:

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/03/16/news/sports/local/130434.txt
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby belcourtfan07 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:47 am

tRUe!!! move on knife.  can't have a state team with jus 1 player workin in the off season.. go for it...live a little.:)
. ..*sK
belcourtfan07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bawlhogg701 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:50 am

That is a nice article on the Finley kids. Now Marlee's parents have two kids with state championships in the same year...wow. Right on. :D
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby finfam06 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:42 am

NDVBBB wrote:The boxed statements were taken directly from the Bismarck Tribune article "[font=comic sans ms]A FAMILY LEGACY[/font]" by Cindy Peterson of March 16, 2007.

[size=2]Jalen and his parents moved to Parshall last year after he attended school at Four Winds. Marlee lives with her grandmother, Lorraine Siegefield, in Mandan.[/size]
Marlee, a junior, has amassed more than 1,500 career points - most accrued at Four Winds.

Apparently the Finley family didn't move to Mandan at all, but rather Parshall.  Marlee was the only member of her immediate family to move to Mandan.;)

The Finley family moved to Parshall so that  Jalen, could play with his desired teammates - no mention of educational advantages or required job transfer.:shock:

[color=black][size=2]Playing ball with the Braves has been a perfect fit for Jalen. He wanted to play with the Packineau twins.[/size][/color]

So, it's not quite a reach to imagine that Marlee merely went to live with her Grandmother so that she could play in the premiere high school girls basketball program in the state. 

Full Bismarck Tribune article can be found at following link:

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/03/16/news/sports/local/130434.txt

NDVBBB, sounds like you are very envious of Marlee and Jalen Finley's accomplishments!!! The Bismarck Tribune also mentioned that people need to get over the recruiting issue and move on with their lives! What are you going to do about the Finley's going to different schools? Please read up on the NDHSAA rules and regulations, maybe you can get a petition started with all the wanna be State Champions!!!! GREAT SEASON TO BOTH THE PARSHALL AND MANDAN BRAVES!
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby finfam06 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:51 am

bawlhogg701 wrote:That is a nice article on the Finley kids. Now Marlee's parents have two kids with state championships in the same year...wow. Right on. :D

Thank you bawlhogg and to all the other fans for the nice words of encouragement! My nephew is a very humble person and I can guarantee that he is telling Marlee and Jalen to be gracious, humble, and thankful to the man above for blessing them with a warm supporting family and for everything they have! 
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cd » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:36 pm

cd writes:  congratulations to both of the Finley kids - they must be both flying high with the championships.  Marlee did a fine job for Mandan and Jalen for Parshall.  some people are so jealous of the win by Mandan and bring up the recruiting accusations and act like Marlee won the championship for Mandan and it wasn't fair.  BOO-HOO Marlee was a part of the team and the teamwork that won the championship.  This championship was open for any and all the teams in the WDA - Mandan's "hard" work paid off in the end.  All of the girls work mighty hard - Marlee has worked hard to earn that spot on the team, just as anyone else had to.

Way to go for both teams of the "BRAVES"

cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:56 pm

cd wrote:cd writes:  congratulations to both of the Finley kids - they must be both flying high with the championships.  Marlee did a fine job for Mandan and Jalen for Parshall.  some people are so jealous of the win by Mandan and bring up the recruiting accusations and act like Marlee won the championship for Mandan and it wasn't fair.  BOO-HOO Marlee was a part of the team and the teamwork that won the championship.  This championship was open for any and all the teams in the WDA - Mandan's "hard" work paid off in the end.  All of the girls work mighty hard - Marlee has worked hard to earn that spot on the team, just as anyone else had to.

Way to go for both teams of the "BRAVES"

Thats the key thing she was a new player just cause she was a huge sucess at four-winds doesn't mean anything to amundson if your not going to work hard you wont play. Nothing was handed to her she worked hard for that state championship. I don't think many schools have practices the way the mandan braves do those girls work for every inch on success they recieve.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:03 am

It looks like Mandan has a great feeder program, maybe that is the reason for much of their success, not recruiting.

http://www.mandanbackboard.com/

ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Diamond D » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:27 am

BOO-HOO Marlee was a part of the team and the teamwork that won the championship. 

I wonder how the FW girls felt about Marlee leaving them?  I think they won 2 games this past season.

It wasn't long after Marlee announced she was going to Mandan, that Coach Brady resigned as coach there either.....but I am sure they aren't related incidences....or are they?  :hush:
Diamond D

Postby smart source » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:14 am

cdub1 wrote:
finfam06 wrote:That would be great if Shauna Knife and Kayla Roemich both transferred to Mandan! Its a free country! Marlee Finley is related to Shauna Knife and both are from Fort Berthold! If this should happen, I suppose the WDA Coaches will be meeting again at the same time next year to complain about Mandan's program! WDA Coaches get a program and start working with your girls during the off season! 

i agree also RECRUITING DOES NOT VIOLATE ANY RULES people should figger that out eventually but it doesnt seem to happen so lets see shauna and marlee are cousins the roemichs and the kielpinskis are cousins that would be a good reason to move i also heard from a kielpinski that bottineaus coach told the roemmich boys they lost them a game and then stopped playing them so that is a good reason to leave also

steroids werent illegal about 10 years ago in pro baseball but people have a problem with the players that took them even before they were banned
smart source

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:20 am

Steroids may not have been a banned substance in baseball but they have been a controlled substance for longer than twenty years.  Which means that obtaining them involved an illegal act. 

Last edited by Wild Wolves on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:37 am

finfam06 wrote:That would be great if Shauna Knife and Kayla Roemich both transferred to Mandan! Its a free country! Marlee Finley is related to Shauna Knife and both are from Fort Berthold! If this should happen, I suppose the WDA Coaches will be meeting again at the same time next year to complain about Mandan's program! WDA Coaches get a program and start working with your girls during the off season! 

They should both go home to New Town and team with the Miller girl next year.  That team wouldn't be touched and would cruise to the Class B title.  Kinda neat to have an A and B title.  While we're on the topic, I have 2 kids who are not in HS yet but they are going to play for Four Winds HS no matter what.   I don't care if Warwick or DL or any other school had a nationally recognized programs and FW is in the cellar.  I have a strong bond to my community and it just doesn't seem right to me for kids to want to go or are pushed to attend a distant school for sports glory. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Diamond D » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:12 am

I have 2 kids who are not in HS yet but they are going to play for Four Winds HS no matter what.   I don't care if Warwick or DL or any other school had a nationally recognized programs and FW is in the cellar.  I have a strong bond to my community and it just doesn't seem right to me for kids to want to go or are pushed to attend a distant school for sports glory. 

That is probably one of the most respectible things I have heard one say.

:up:
Diamond D

Postby just a bb fan » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:47 am

Diamond D wrote:I have 2 kids who are not in HS yet but they are going to play for Four Winds HS no matter what.   I don't care if Warwick or DL or any other school had a nationally recognized programs and FW is in the cellar.  I have a strong bond to my community and it just doesn't seem right to me for kids to want to go or are pushed to attend a distant school for sports glory. 

DITTO!!!  well said!  there is something to be said for loyalty!
just a bb fan

Postby Y-not Daily » Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:00 pm

Kayla Roemmich refused to leave Bottineau and Shauna Knife has already transferred to Bottineau and will play there next year...so expect the Stars in next years state tourmnament.
Y-not Daily

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:38 am

just a bb fan wrote:
Diamond D wrote:I have 2 kids who are not in HS yet but they are going to play for Four Winds HS no matter what.   I don't care if Warwick or DL or any other school had a nationally recognized programs and FW is in the cellar.  I have a strong bond to my community and it just doesn't seem right to me for kids to want to go or are pushed to attend a distant school for sports glory. 

DITTO!!!  well said!  there is something to be said for loyalty!

That is good to hear NG!  A fella can respect that! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:43 pm

cdub1 wrote:

he is involved i would say but then i recently hear that dickinsons coach was talking to marlee also so does that make him a recruiter and also wut is wrong with recruiting?

Langdon has been been charged with recruiting violations, I told ya recruiting is illegal... but of course a mandan person would say it is legal
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:05 pm

Ming01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Langdon has been been charged with recruiting violations, I told ya recruiting is illegal... but of course a mandan person would say it is legal

i am a mandan person and i guess recruiting is illegal in north dakota which actually surprises me but i wonder wuz it illegal before the rule changes we had this year

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Hot Topics