Fan Sportsmanship?

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Deuce » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:28 am

grizz wrote:
Tiger Pride wrote:Chicago area schools spend over a half million dollars on security,  They play games during the school day so that students not on the team can't come to the games. 

What are they going to do, there is an idea already in place.  Sound like part of the game. playing in front of mom dad and that is it.  Keep thinking that there is no recourse.  Someday you too could be searched before you enter a basketball game.

do you realize how boring basketball games would be to play?? it would feel like your playing a city league with no students there. and i could care less if they search me. its not like im going to be bombing a gym anytime soon. that would be more benificial to everyone than hurt us.

It actually wouldn't be boring.  I go to Dakota Wizards games all the time which are very entertaining and they don't have student sections chanting some lame and annoying phrase over and over and over and over that they've seen on ESPN. 

Last edited by Deuce on Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:05 am

I agree.  Making fun of someone's shot, an airball, or a traveling violation is one thing, but of the actual individual - that should be intolerable. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:37 pm

demonfan74 wrote:I agree.  Making fun of someone's shot, an airball, or a traveling violation is one thing, but of the actual individual - that should be intolerable. 

Exactly, theres nothin wrong with yelling AIR BALL!! because it obviously was a bad shot. But getting into their heads by calling them fat or pretty boy is not right.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:05 pm

i think AIR BALL is acceptable haha and alot of other things. i also think telling someone is fat might be bad, but it happens. their is alot worse someone could say.
Weezy Baby

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:06 pm

YOU ARE ALL IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please read below

So what was your initial reaction?  Wow what a great sport? Not

Sportsmanship has nothing to do with talking smack, leave it on the playground. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:49 pm

berry186 wrote:tschosik has always been that way especially he is always one sided when he refs for linton  he just says he is from bismarck for he can ref for linton like in regions. 

Good one Berry...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:03 pm

baller01 wrote:
berry186 wrote:tschosik has always been that way especially he is always one sided when he refs for linton  he just says he is from bismarck for he can ref for linton like in regions. 

Good one Berry...

Berry has a point there
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:04 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Good one Berry...

Berry has a point there

You guys are sad... One sided for Linton, ya, I'm sure thats why they always win...
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:06 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Good one Berry...

Berry has a point there

You guys are sad... One sided for Linton, ya, I'm sure thats why they always win...
I don't mean it like that, I just dont think that people who are orginally from a town should be a ref during districts and regional tournaments.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:09 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Good one Berry...

Berry has a point there

I don't mean it like that, I just dont think that people who are orginally from a town should be a ref during districts and regional tournaments.

If the ref is a professional, like Tschosik is, where he is from will have no affect on how he calls the game. And it shouldn't for any ref from any place. I thought that little favortism game was like a 5th and 6th grade thing with the refs that were dads and stuff.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:11 pm

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Good one Berry...

Berry has a point there

If the ref is a professional, like Tschosik is, where he is from will have no affect on how he calls the game. And it shouldn't for any ref from any place. I thought that little favortism game was like a 5th and 6th grade thing with the refs that were dads and stuff.
Ok, I'm done b/c its just gonna be a big argument.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:12 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Good one Berry...

Berry has a point there

Ok, I'm done b/c its just gonna be a big argument.

Well you are saying this without having a reason. Give me a time where Tschosik favorited Linton in a game. You are saying this stuff without having anything to back it up.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby #1balla » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:13 pm

demonfan74 wrote:I agree.  Making fun of someone's shot, an airball, or a traveling violation is one thing, but of the actual individual - that should be intolerable. 

In your opinion do you think heckling someone one the entire game for one airball is inappropriate?

#1balla

Postby #1balla » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:13 pm

In your opinion do you think heckling someone one the entire game for one airball is intolerable?

Last edited by #1balla on Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#1balla

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:28 pm

#1balla wrote:

In your opinion do you think heckling someone one the entire game for one airball is inappropriate?

nope but it happens and people deal with it airball is an ok chant for high school usually the players that airball are really good and wont care or are bad shooters anyway so it doesnt affect them

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:51 pm

#1balla wrote:In your opinion do you think heckling someone one the entire game for one airball is inappropriate?

It happens once and it's over, unless they do it again :)
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby whos on first » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:21 am

instead of cheering against the other team i would like to hear student sections cheer for their own team for a whole game... the atmosphere would be much better and chants such as "reefer","steriods", and "ballhog" can be avoided

ive heard that some of the parents of these kids were very upset when these were chanted
whos on first

Postby grizz » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:41 am

Well those are all examples of the name calling we were talking about before. We all agreed that they were unacceptable.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 pm

its sad to say but i am sure the century at bismarck high game will spur even more talk on this one
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:26 pm

sqeak63 wrote:its sad to say but i am sure the century at bismarck high game will spur even more talk on this one

i couldnt catch that one wut wuz said?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby squeak63 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:09 pm

cdub1 wrote:
sqeak63 wrote:its sad to say but i am sure the century at bismarck high game will spur even more talk on this one

i couldnt catch that one wut wuz said?

i am sayin someone will probably happen tomarow night that will be talked about in this topic because of the rivalry
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:45 pm

#1balla wrote:

In your opinion do you think heckling someone one the entire game for one airball is intolerable?

No, but if it is proven wrong, than yes.  If that player drained a 3 on the next possession, I think it would be the crowd's best interest to shut up.  I think I have stated my opinion enough:  Personal attacks about an individual outside of their game is wrong.  

When someone says nothing can be done to change it, I think they are wrong.  I have seen students get kicked out of games before, and it should happen if rules are made and violated.  For a second offense, suspend them for 2 weeks and phone a parent.  There a several solutions, but it has to start with the schools' principles and AD.   
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:00 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
#1balla wrote:

No, but if it is proven wrong, than yes.  If that player drained a 3 on the next possession, I think it would be the crowd's best interest to shut up.  I think I have stated my opinion enough:  Personal attacks about an individual outside of their game is wrong.  

When someone says nothing can be done to change it, I think they are wrong.  I have seen students get kicked out of games before, and it should happen if rules are made and violated.  For a second offense, suspend them for 2 weeks and phone a parent.  There a several solutions, but it has to start with the schools' principles and AD.   

how much power does a principal have when you arent in his school it would be like swearing at them at the mall not much they could do about it

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:20 pm

when you are at a game..no matter whose gym...if your team is playing, you are at a school function and therefore need to abide by school rules and answer to administration.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby coca cola » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:16 pm

[font=georgia]i was at a game (not saying which team) but the home team was yelling cheeseburger at one of the players who was a little heavy...uncalled for[/font]
coca cola
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics