3 class system for BB

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 3 class system for BB

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:13 am

Valley City plays Class B teams now and still gets kicked. The 3 class system won't help them.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:17 am

Baller wrote:Valley City plays Class B teams now and still gets kicked. The 3 class system won't help them.

I'm so with you on that baller. I just don't get it. It's about the coaching and they system and attitudes of k-12. Players sure can help, but it is more about the entire school than it is just about numbers and class slot.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBEast » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:23 pm

YIPPPEEEE!!!

North Dakota schools turn down 3-class system
Jan 28, 2008 - 11:03:44 CST
By the Associated Press

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Members of the North Dakota High School Activities Association have defeated a proposal for a three-class system for boys and girls basketball and volleyball.

Those sports now have Class A and Class B.

Association spokesman say Dave Carlsrud says 55 schools voted for the idea but 78 voted against it in a straw vote on Monday.

Valley City High School asked for a study of the idea.

Carlsrud says it's a dead issue for now.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:23 pm

ClassBEast wrote:YIPPPEEEE!!!

North Dakota schools turn down 3-class system
Jan 28, 2008 - 11:03:44 CST
By the Associated Press

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Members of the North Dakota High School Activities Association have defeated a proposal for a three-class system for boys and girls basketball and volleyball.

Those sports now have Class A and Class B.

Association spokesman say Dave Carlsrud says 55 schools voted for the idea but 78 voted against it in a straw vote on Monday.

Valley City High School asked for a study of the idea.

Carlsrud says it's a dead issue for now.

THANK YOU!!!! best news of the week

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:56 pm

The states best sport is preserved for at least another season! :D
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:06 pm

scruffy wrote:The states best sport is preserved for at least another season! :D

this thing has been kicked around by VC at least 3 times in the past 10 years. maybe they'll put some energy into developing a basketball program and system and not trying to change the classes

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Roughrider » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:30 pm

thank you, the only thing that would happen with this being voted in is the downfall of the smaller schools plus the fans supporting them
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:20 pm

I am not in favor of 3 class system. We don't need to water down our classes any more than it already is. 16-18 teams in the whole state (with half of those making it to state) is hardly an accomplishment for a team. It should be very hard to make it to state each year. It would take away a lot of the rivalries between neighboring towns if they got put in different classes. More teams should co-op (or consolidate) together, create more good teams by co-oping. Many teams in this state have to take 7th and 8th graders just to fill out a varsity basketball roster. Varsity teams do not improve by practicing against 7th & 8th graders (although there are rare exceptions). If this is happening year-in, year-out, then that town/school needs to do something about it, plain and simple.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Re:

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:12 am

scc wrote:I am very against a three-class system, but if it ends up that way, call the classes A, B, C or 1A, 2A, 3A.

call em a, b, and c....1A, 2A, and 3A is too confusing and takes longer to say. i dont think a three class system is good anyway. The challenge of getting to state, at least in class B, is amazing. Three classes would make it much easier to make it to state--there would be less competition. Everything would end up like class A, not that thats bad but it really means something to make the state B. Look at Minnesota..too many classes and too many champions. Two is enough to divide the huge schools from the medium and small.
ndsportsfan24

Re: Re:

Postby Number7 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:21 pm

ndsportsfan24 wrote:
scc wrote:I am very against a three-class system, but if it ends up that way, call the classes A, B, C or 1A, 2A, 3A.

call em a, b, and c....1A, 2A, and 3A is too confusing and takes longer to say. i dont think a three class system is good anyway. The challenge of getting to state, at least in class B, is amazing. Three classes would make it much easier to make it to state--there would be less competition. Everything would end up like class A, not that thats bad but it really means something to make the state B. Look at Minnesota..too many classes and too many champions. Two is enough to divide the huge schools from the medium and small.

That is an absolutely terrible comparison to make. Minnesota has that many classes because it has so many more high schools in the state. Those classes are not watered down either. All of those classes (A-AAAA) are as hard or even harder to make it to state in than ND class B.
"Pressure makes diamonds"
Number7
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Minnesota has 4 classes for bball - A thru 4A

A = 181 schools
2A=130 schools
3A=64 schools
4A=64 schools

2A is very comparable to our Class B. Little easier to make it to state in 3A and 4A, but definitely not as easy as our Class A (20 teams)
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:55 pm

ok yeah i see..didnt realize they had that many more....
ndsportsfan24

Previous

Return to Hot Topics