Greg DeVillers

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Greg DeVillers

Postby packers21 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:04 pm

I think something needs to be said on this site about the work Greg has done over the past 45 years at the Herald. Always keeping an eye on the small town athletes and communities. I have feeling he’s the last of his kind and the Herald and going to stop the coverage of smaller towns just like the Forumn. Greg is one of a kind and always treated me and my athletes with the upmost respect.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Greg DeVillers

Postby woodchuck10 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:52 am

KNDK 1080 am in Langdon had him on the coaches show this fall with Jake Kulland.
woodchuck10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby east sider » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:58 am

DeVillers is a legend. I think there is hope still. Broadcasts like BEK and Magnitude sports (mostly for Region 1/MN side on youtube). The announcers actually sound like they follow the small town stuff and know the players. Hopefully other Regions, especially R2 and R4, can figure something out as they usually have some top tier talent.

Kindred vs. Barnesville GBB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBIUIhbZoBY&t=7297s
east sider
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hardball » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:21 am

Still a lot of good radio people that regularly follow Class B in the state. The Keatings in Mayville, Mark Beighley in Devils Lake, Jake Kulland in Langdon, Brad Anderson in Casselton, Rod Kleinjan in Dickinson, among others.
Hardball
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hot Topics