Mandan Recruitment...everybody knows it!

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:42 pm

dude im not sure what you are really arguing with

1. its bush to run up a score and keep your starters in no matter what the situation

2. its probably not right that minots coach said they recruit in the paper or whatever it was but if that gets to mandans coach something is wrong

3. that being said it hasnt been disproven that mandan does recruit basketball players on their girls team
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:43 pm

smart source wrote:dude im not sure what you are really arguing with

1. its bush to run up a score and keep your starters in no matter what the situation

2. its probably not right that minots coach said they recruit in the paper or whatever it was but if that gets to mandans coach something is wrong

3. that being said it hasnt been disproven that mandan does recruit basketball players on their girls team

where is there any evidence mandan recruits how can you disprove it disprove that minot recruits you cant disprove that my name is stnaley roberts you cant you cant disprove something when there is no evidence either way

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:44 pm

getting blown out is part of the game DEAL WITH IT

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Leech » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:01 pm

Are you serious? It can't be disproven until it has been proven that they have recruited, genius. Show me some proof and then we'll try to "disprove" it.
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby smart source » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:45 pm

well i cant prove it but i read the rest of the post of this topic and apparently minots coach isnt the only coach that believes mandan recruits so are all of these coaches wrong did they all have a meeting and just decide to just start a rumor about mandan recruiting...they have to have a reason to think mandan has recruited
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:02 pm

smart source wrote:well i cant prove it but i read the rest of the post of this topic and apparently minots coach isnt the only coach that believes mandan recruits so are all of these coaches wrong did they all have a meeting and just decide to just start a rumor about mandan recruiting...they have to have a reason to think mandan has recruited
heres a reason...they always win that bugs the other coaches and they feel the need to make excuses

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby minotfan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:50 pm

If you don't feel that this is wrong then why doesn't everybody do this.
minotfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:52 pm

minotfan wrote:If you don't feel that this is wrong then why doesn't everybody do this.

everybody cant do it if im a top girls basketball player im not gonna go to st marys or williston and also i dont think there is recruiting but if there was where would you go a school that wins every year with a great coach or a school that mandan beats every year

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:54 pm

for example if you had to move somewhere in delaware and you are an elite player are  you gonna go to ursuline and play with elena or are you gonna go to one of those other schools that are not going to beat her team???

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:02 am

yea but you could also go the other way and say some of the girls would want to be the star of their team not a star among other stars
smart source

Postby JoJo1111 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:48 am

HEY HEY HEY... Mandan just made the top 25 in Sports Illustrated... woo hoo.. NOW... if you were a girl in the state of ND... where would you want to play and what team would you want to be on??????.... oh yeah, thats right.. .none of youwill say it.. but we all know where you want to be... MANDAN!
JoJo1111
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:12 am

smart source wrote:yea but you could also go the other way and say some of the girls would want to be the star of their team not a star among other stars

that is somewhat true but unless this girl is about 6 6 her team is still going to lose look how good steffan is and mandan swallowed her up now if you put her on mandan she is gettin about 15 and 8 AND winning a state championship thats y people go to mandan NOT BECAUSE AMUNDSON RECRUITS THEM

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:53 pm

JoJo1111 wrote:HEY HEY HEY... Mandan just made the top 25 in Sports Illustrated... woo hoo.. NOW... if you were a girl in the state of ND... where would you want to play and what team would you want to be on??????.... oh yeah, thats right.. .none of youwill say it.. but we all know where you want to be... MANDAN!

not neccessarily...if that fact is true that the best players always want to play on the best team wouldnt that mean that USC or Texas or Michagan or Ohio State would win in college football every year? the same concept would apply for those teams that the best players would choose the best teams
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm

wut player doesnt want to be on the best team?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby smart source » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:17 pm

well that would depend on what level your talking about...for instance i have no idea bcuz i dont know and dont talk to a lot of players other than from mandan and bismarck but in college for instance their are a lot of players that are good that are on bad teams when they probably could have gone to somewhere else such as kevin durant
smart source

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:26 pm

smart source wrote:well that would depend on what level your talking about...for instance i have no idea bcuz i dont know and dont talk to a lot of players other than from mandan and bismarck but in college for instance their are a lot of players that are good that are on bad teams when they probably could have gone to somewhere else such as kevin durant

durant is amazing but college is different than high school also in high school durant spent a year at OAK  HILL which is a perennial power like mandan is

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 am

heres one thing i dont really get..by saying mandan recruits what does that mean. its not like amundson can give them a full ride beings its highschool so are you basically saying amundson tells people they should move to mandan to play bball? and if he did do you think every player and their family would just jump up and move to mandan? when any player could come here if they want and as already said: any player who moves to bis. man. and is deciding where to go to school is going to want to play for mandan.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:20 pm

Not necessarily.  A few years back he tried to get another girl off of a reservation by calling her non stop.  She didn't want to go and her coach intervened and made him stop.  Don't ask me for a name or a team because I do not know, however, the source is reliable. 

Also, the purpose of high school is to receive an education.  Extra curricular activities are just that - extra.  I'm not saying they can't get an education at mandan, but they can get a better education elsewhere.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:32 pm

Please, no rumors that cannot be substantiated, thanks.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Honus355 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:27 am

Everyone wants to be like those on top, but no one can ever give credit to those on top. How about congratulating the girls on their success and breaking the Top 25 poll and going on your way. They became the first team in ND history to achieve that and finally gave the state some good press.
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:31 pm

demonfan74 wrote:Not necessarily.  A few years back he tried to get another girl off of a reservation by calling her non stop.  She didn't want to go and her coach intervened and made him stop.  Don't ask me for a name or a team because I do not know, however, the source is reliable. 

Also, the purpose of high school is to receive an education.  Extra curricular activities are just that - extra.  I'm not saying they can't get an education at mandan, but they can get a better education elsewhere.

so is bismarck a better place to recieve education? you proboly going to say yes, so then you throw in the EXTRA=which is Mandan Girls bball, and its an easy decision, im getting the same diploma you are from mandan as to bismarck layoff the little inside cracks at mandan. four of the girls on that team are well educated and are at the top 20 of our senior class. So obviously amundson makes sure education comes first, then winning state titles
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby kel20Nd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:28 am

I dont understand why you think we get a bad education at mandan just cause are school is a dump.  Bismarck schools are teaching the same stuff as Mandan.  You think if your from Mandan you are a pot head and alcoholic, lets just say you guys arent angels either.  Sorry Bismarck you guys are just the same as Mandan, except are girls team wins and thats why every girl wants to play for Mandan.
Last edited by kel20Nd on Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
kel20Nd

Postby smart source » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:54 am

this is wat someone that is involved with girls basketball told me on friday....when asked if mandan recruits he said well no one can prove it but mandan has had 5 girls in the past few years move to mandan and all five just happen to be very very good basketball players and then when they are done with high school their parents for some reason always end up moving back to the town they came from.....thats what i was told so if u disagree with it dont get mad at me
smart source

Postby kel20Nd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:04 am

smart source wrote:this is wat someone that is involved with girls basketball told me on friday....when asked if mandan recruits he said well no one can prove it but mandan has had 5 girls in the past few years move to mandan and all five just happen to be very very good basketball players and then when they are done with high school their parents for some reason always end up moving back to the town they came from.....thats what i was told so if u disagree with it dont get mad at me

Well whoever that someone is whos involved with girls basketball has no idea what they are talking about.Can you tell me 5 girls that have moved to mandan in the last couple of years to play ball? Rogers, Finley there parents still live in mandan.
kel20Nd

Postby threeball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:34 am

smart source wrote:this is wat someone that is involved with girls basketball told me on friday....when asked if mandan recruits he said well no one can prove it but mandan has had 5 girls in the past few years move to mandan and all five just happen to be very very good basketball players and then when they are done with high school their parents for some reason always end up moving back to the town they came from.....thats what i was told so if u disagree with it dont get mad at me

have you considered this..parents are looking for a job, they have a daughter who is good at basketball..hmmm...where do you think shes gonna want to go to school...st marys? and i dont know of any players who have come to mandan played and then their familys move when their done. 
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Hot Topics