Class "C" Basketball 1948-63

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Class "C" Basketball 1948-63

Postby neilhwenberg » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:45 am

I am trying to put together a book which will highlight each year that Class "C" basketball was played in ND. I will look at each champions complete season, ending with their winning the state championship. I am looking for newspaper articles, HS annual postings, clippings pictures of these teams. Any help that anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Neil H. Wenberg
neilhwenberg
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Class "C" Basketball 1948-63

Postby B-oldtimer » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:11 pm

The local newspaper in Cavalier county has been publishing past sports years in review going way back into the 50's which I find very interesting. Dennis Throndset is one that does it for paper in Langdon, ND. I also have seen similar things in some of small town weekly papers past history on what was happening in sports in the past if could find publisher of these papers some of towns I have seen this in id Lakota, Adams, Fordville, Edmore , and others that still have small little paper published each week. If this would be any help I don't know but I am sure rest of state has similar information in these small town newspapers.
B-oldtimer
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Hot Topics