All Around Athletes

A place for all other topics related to North Dakota high schools, and athletics.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All Around Athletes

Postby wb fan » Fri May 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Who are some of the talented multi-sport athletes across the state? I know that there are many that excel in one or two sports - how about those that excel in three or four?
wb fan
NDPreps Rookie

Re: All Around Athletes

Postby ClassBEast » Thu May 17, 2012 10:41 am

Ellery Bresnahan - Central Cass
Football, basketball, baseball, golf

Pretty fast... would be good in track too if he didn't already have 2 spring sports.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:36 pm

Ryan Chrest, Cavalier
Football
Basketball
Track...2end in State Long Jumper as a Soph..anchor on 4x100 relay and 4x400
Ryan will make a mark on the Football field this fall and on the hard court this winter
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby husker 33 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:28 am

How about all-around girls. Chelsea Peterson from Mandan. 2nd in both hurdles at state. 6th in the open 200. She also is pretty good on the basketball court. I believe she is going out for volleyball this year. I would put her top 10 for all-around athletes in North Dakota. She also runs all the 400,800,1600 relay .
husker 33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 pm

husker 33 wrote:How about all-around girls. Chelsea Peterson from Mandan. 2nd in both hurdles at state. 6th in the open 200. She also is pretty good on the basketball court. I believe she is going out for volleyball this year. I would put her top 10 for all-around athletes in North Dakota. She also runs all the 400,800,1600 relay .

# = Graduated Senior
$ = Underclassman

GIRLS
# Courtney Dixon (Central Cass): Volleyball (2011 State Champs), Basketball (finished with over 1,000 pts), and Track & Field (State: 4th in Shot Put; 6th in Discus)

# Olivia Johnson (Richland): Volleyball, Basketball (finished with well over 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds for career) and Track & Field (State: Champ with a 42' 3" Shot Put; 6th in Javelin)

# McKenzie Hart (Langdon-Munich): Volleyball (Dominant force), Basketball and Track & Field (State: Champ in 100 Meter Hurdles; 4th in Long Jump; 5th 4x200 Relay)

$ Kellie Schmit (Kindred): Volleyball (very talented hitter), Basketball (key piece to their State Tourney run in 2012: 7th Place) and Track & Field (State: Champs in 4x400 Relay; 2nd in 4x800 Relay, 8th in Long Jump)

$ Faith Dooley (Central Cass): Volleyball (Dominant Force standing at 6' 1"), Basketball (Should be a force this coming year) and Track & Field (State: 5th in High Jump)

$ Mikayla Forness (Shiloh Christian): Volleyball, Cross Country (had a rough year last year), Basketball (led her team to the State Tourney this past season: 4th Place) and Track & Field (State: 5th in Javelin; decent distance times this past season also)

$ Hannah Stewart (Bishop Ryan): Volleyball, Basketball (Key player on State Tourney team: 5th Place) and Softball (Dominant Pitcher: State Runner-ups to West Fargo)

BOYS
# Jack Plankers (Kindred): Football (Going to NDSU on scholarship...lineman), Basketball and Track & Field (State: Champ with 55' 11" in Shot Put; Champ with 149' 6" in Discus; 7th in Javelin)

# Jake Hanson (Grafton): Football (Quarterback...State Champs), Basketball (State: 5th Place) and Golf (State Participant)

$ Eric Bachmeier (Kindred): Football (Quarterback), Basketball (key scorer) and Track & Field (State: Champs in 4x400 Relay; 5th in 400; 5th in 4x200 Relay)

$ Donovan Lambert (Shiloh Christian): Cross Country (State: 2nd in 2011), Basketball (State: 3rd in 2012) and Track & Field (State: 2nd in 3200; 4th in 1600)

$ Jeff Illies (Wyndmere-Lidgerwood: M-W-L for Track): Football (one of the more exciting receivers in 9-man), Basketball (Dominant force in Region 1) and Track & Field (State: 3rd in 300 Meter Hurdles; 3rd in Triple Jump; 7th in 110 Meter Hurdles)

$ Jacob Hagler (North Star): Football (Quarterback...State Runner-ups in 9-man), Basketball (State Runner-ups) and Baseball

$ Daniel Grande (North Star): Football (Wide Receiver...State Runner-ups in 9-man), Basketball (State Runner-ups) and Baseball

I'm sure there are more...but there's a decent list
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby winner-within » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 am

there are alot more......with some of them still being in High School
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:16 am

Jeff illies (Wyndmere-Lidgerwood) - Track, Football, Basketball, and Baseball

Luis Vasquez (Wyndmere - Lidgerwood) - Track, Football, Basketball, and Baseball

Both freak athletes. I have watched them play a lot through Region 1 sports and they make WL the most exciting team in the area to watch in all sports. Vasquez makes unbelieveable catches, illies dunks the ball and runs people over.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:22 am

seen em both play once, Very talented
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:28 pm

Blake Bosch (South Border) - 2 time state wrestling champ, 2 time runner up; all state RB; and I think he qualified in some distance event for the state meet (too lazy to look it up)
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby 4sport » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Nicole Warren from Oakes. (Going to be a senior). Basketball-1,000 points already. Volleyball-All district and region 1. Track-4th in state for javelin, and her relay team placed at state as well as region champs.
4sport
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NorthStarBearcats4 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:12 pm

Daniel Grande North Star
Football Baseball Basketball
NorthStarBearcats4
NDPreps Reserve

Postby athlete_17 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Jon Lizzote is probably the top football player and top hockey player in the stae. I also heard he playes or played baseball and from seeing this kid play hockey I can imagine he is a slugger.
athlete_17
NDPreps Reserve

Postby playedalittle » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:48 pm

Got to see the class B girls.
Stewart from Ryan is a beast. Only a sophomore.
Heard at the tourney she can hurl a softball and maybe taking her talents South.
playedalittle
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Flip wrote:Blake Bosch (South Border) - 3 time state wrestling champ, 2 time runner up; 2 time all state RB; and I think he qualified in some distance event for the state meet (too lazy to look it up)

updated
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby beasteast » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 am

Nathan Mangin Lisbon - Track, Football, Baseball
beasteast
NDPreps Rookie

Postby radball » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:40 am

sorry, i'm late to the talk, but, i'm kinda shocked no one mentioned, Shaice Marx, been going to state track since here 8 th grade yr and placing, she qualified in over 6 events, and based on what i heard from other coaches, she could easily do 2 more(can only do 4) freshman, sophomore yrs, oh yea she placed in the events also. State vball(can play all positions from what i heard(but excels at hitting,made all state team,some coachs were shocked she didn't make all state team),, she has excelled at basketball and played on varsity since 8th grade, just missed a double double again last night by one rebound(according to radio, and she had a couple steals and block shot) according to the radio on a couple games this yr, she has gotten 14 rebounds or more(not bad for 5-8) in couple games this yr. And to think last yr the seniors wouldn't pass her the ball much. But based on what i heard and seen, the most important qualities, is her ability to lead and make everyone around her better, and that's the qualities i look for. , and the Hilsboro girls have some really good athletes as well, January 17,2014, is going to be a awesome game to watch, lets just hope the refs let them play.
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby radball » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:55 am

kindred ,, my bad
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby packers21 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:26 pm

radball wrote:sorry, i'm late to the talk, but, i'm kinda shocked no one mentioned, Shaice Marx, been going to state track since here 8 th grade yr and placing, she qualified in over 6 events, and based on what i heard from other coaches, she could easily do 2 more(can only do 4) freshman, sophomore yrs, oh yea she placed in the events also. State vball(can play all positions from what i heard(but excels at hitting,made all state team,some coachs were shocked she didn't make all state team),, she has excelled at basketball and played on varsity since 8th grade, just missed a double double again last night by one rebound(according to radio, and she had a couple steals and block shot) according to the radio on a couple games this yr, she has gotten 14 rebounds or more(not bad for 5-8) in couple games this yr. And to think last yr the seniors wouldn't pass her the ball much. But based on what i heard and seen, the most important qualities, is her ability to lead and make everyone around her better, and that's the qualities i look for. , and the Hilsboro girls have some really good athletes as well, January 17,2014, is going to be a awesome game to watch, lets just hope the refs let them play.

So she did or didnt make all-state in Vball?
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby radball » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:47 am

i meant , all state tournament team, people were actually surprise she didn't make all state, she can play all the positions(stats to back it up)and is the most athletic person in the region maybe state in vball. But i guess voters just look at height when looking at vball. Just based on what i saw online at the state tourney, i wonder what her vertical jump is, one kill the set was about 6 ft from the net and she jumped and smoked the ball over 2,6 ft + girls that tried to block at the net. I don't care who it is, that takes some serious vertical/explosiveness to do that. remember she is 5-8", and regards to bball, pulling down 12-16 rebounds a game against anybody, and scoring 8-20+ points a game at 5-8"! come on how can you not be mentioned in the top 4 most athletic. not to mention all the steals and block shots and assist that we don't see on the scorecards in the news(remember this is based on the radio announcer stats, not official, but still a good measuring stick to use). who makes the list this yr, for athletic?
radball
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flying Wallenda » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:13 pm

radball wrote:i meant , all state tournament team, people were actually surprise she didn't make all state, she can play all the positions(stats to back it up)and is the most athletic person in the region maybe state in vball. But i guess voters just look at height when looking at vball. Just based on what i saw online at the state tourney, i wonder what her vertical jump is, one kill the set was about 6 ft from the net and she jumped and smoked the ball over 2,6 ft + girls that tried to block at the net. I don't care who it is, that takes some serious vertical/explosiveness to do that. remember she is 5-8", and regards to bball, pulling down 12-16 rebounds a game against anybody, and scoring 8-20+ points a game at 5-8"! come on how can you not be mentioned in the top 4 most athletic. not to mention all the steals and block shots and assist that we don't see on the scorecards in the news(remember this is based on the radio announcer stats, not official, but still a good measuring stick to use). who makes the list this yr, for athletic?

Shocking
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:20 pm

radball wrote:sorry, i'm late to the talk, but, i'm kinda shocked no one mentioned, Shaice Marx, been going to state track since here 8 th grade yr and placing, she qualified in over 6 events, and based on what i heard from other coaches, she could easily do 2 more(can only do 4) freshman, sophomore yrs, oh yea she placed in the events also. State vball(can play all positions from what i heard(but excels at hitting,made all state team,some coachs were shocked she didn't make all state team),, she has excelled at basketball and played on varsity since 8th grade, just missed a double double again last night by one rebound(according to radio, and she had a couple steals and block shot) according to the radio on a couple games this yr, she has gotten 14 rebounds or more(not bad for 5-8) in couple games this yr. And to think last yr the seniors wouldn't pass her the ball much. But based on what i heard and seen, the most important qualities, is her ability to lead and make everyone around her better, and that's the qualities i look for. , and the Hilsboro girls have some really good athletes as well, January 17,2014, is going to be a awesome game to watch, lets just hope the refs let them play.

The thread started with looking at athletes that played 3 or more sports. Does she have a 3rd sport?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:24 pm

It's tough finding athletes who excel at 3 or more sports. I will add Bismarck High's Hunter Johnson to the list....Soccer (1st Team All-State, State's Leading Scorer), Football (Kicker), and Track (Sprints).
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:37 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:

The thread started with looking at athletes that played 3 or more sports. Does she have a 3rd sport?

The person he's talking about excels in VB, BB & Track.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby BigCat » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:47 pm

I obviously don't post much, but find Radball to be good entertainment once in awhile. I don't care that he promotes a family member. I take it for what it is, a proud family member. I will suggest to Rad that you minimize speaking to the play of others as an excuse for lack of notoriety of your player.

As to this thread in its entirety, its very easy to deduct who the best state wide class B female athlete is. All you have to do is look up the current player or trackster that has participated in the most state tournaments, won the most state championships, and district, regional, state awards etc.
Not choosin', just sayin'
BigCat
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:44 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

The person he's talking about excels in VB, BB & Track.

Sorry. I guess that was right away in the beginning of the post, and then I lost track when we started blaming seniors and refs.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Hot Topics